AsherHasan_从巴基斯坦飞来的和平鸽【中英文对照】

1.Namaste. Salaam.
致敬(梵文)。致敬(阿拉伯语)。
2.Shalom. Sat Sri Akal.
致敬(希伯来语)。 致敬(旁遮普语)。
3.Greetings to all of you from Pakistan.
巴基斯坦人民向你们致敬。
4.It is often said that we fear that which we do not know.
人们常说我们害怕未知的东西。
5.And Pakistan, in this particular vein, is very similar.
巴基斯坦也是这样。
6.Because it has provoked, and does provoke a visceral anxiety in the bellies of many a Western soul, especially when viewed through the monochromatic lens
不管是过去还是现在, 它都使很多西方人忧心忡忡, 假若仅从
7.of turbulence and turmoil.
社会动荡的角度去看,就更是如此。
8.But there are many other dimensions to Pakistan.
但巴基斯坦尚有很多不为人知的地方。
9.And what follows is a stream of images, a series of images captured by some of Pakistan’s most dynamic and young photographers, that aims to give you an alternative glimpse,
接下来的照片, 是巴基斯坦人自己拍摄的。 他们都是年轻有为的摄影家。 他们致力于将巴基斯坦的另一面展现于世;
10.a look inside the hearts and minds of some ordinary Pakistani citizens.
他们致力于展现 普通民众的心灵。
11.Here are some of the stories they wanted us to share with you.
这些是他们与我们分享的内容。
12.My name is Abdul Khan. I come from Peshawar.
我叫Abdul Khan来自Peshawar。
13.I hope that you will be able to see not just my Taliban-like beard, but also the richness and color of my perceptions, aspirations and dreams,
我希望你能看到的 不仅仅是我的塔利班式大胡子, 还有我的富足与丰富多彩[的生活], 以及我的认知、抱负与梦想,
14.as rich and colorful as the satchels that I sell.
而不只是我卖的各式花色的书包。
15.My name is Meher and this is my friend Irim.
我叫Meher,这位是我的朋友Irim,
16.I hope to become a vet when I grow up so that I can take care of stray cats and dogs who wander around the streets of the village that I live in Gilgit, northern Pakistan.
长大后我想当兽医, 这样我就能照顾流浪猫和流浪狗了, 街上、村里可多流浪的狗和猫了。 我住在Gilgit,位于巴基斯坦北部。
17.My name is Kailash. And I like to enrich lives through technicolored glass.
我叫Kailash,我喜欢丰富多彩的生活 就如透过五光十色的玻璃[看世界]。
18.Madame, would you like some of those orange bangles with the pink polka dots?
夫人,您想来个橙色的手镯吗 上面有粉色圆点的那种。
19.My name is Zamin.
我叫Zamin。
20.And I’m an IDP, an internally displaced person, from Swat.
是个国内流亡的难民, 我来自Swat。
21.Do you see me on the other side of this fence?
你从篱笆的另一面的看到我了吗?
22.Do I matter, or really exist for you?
我应存于此世界吗?
23.My name is Iman. I am a fashion model, an up-and-coming model from Lahore.
我叫Iman,是个模特, 是个来自Lahore的新秀。
24.Do you see me simply smothered in cloth?
你看到我简约的遮住全身的衣服了吗?
25.Or can you move beyond my veil and see me for who I truly am inside?
你能看到面纱后的我吗? 你能看穿我么?
26.My name is Ahmed. I am an Afghan refugee from the Khyber agency.
我叫Ahmed,是个阿富汗难民, 我来自Khyber。
27.I have come from a place of intense darkness.
我来自一个充满黑暗的地方。
28.And that is why I want to illuminate the world.
我想照亮世界。
29.My name is Papusay.
我叫Papusay。
30.My heart and drum beat as one.
我的鼓随心振动。
31.If religion is the opium of the masses, then for me, music is my one and only ganja.
假若宗教是大众的鸦片, 音乐就是我唯一的大麻。
32.A rising tide lifts all boats.
大浪托起一艘艘船。
33.And the rising tide of India’s spectacular economic growth has lifted over 400 million Indians into a buoyant middle class.
印度的浪花 预示着经济的腾飞。 它将托起4亿 印度人进入殷实的中产阶级。
34.But there are still over 650 million Indians, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans, Bangladeshis, Nepalese, who remain washed up on the shores of poverty.
但还有6.5亿印度人, 巴基斯坦人、斯里兰卡人、孟加拉人和尼泊尔人 尚挣扎于贫困的谷底。
35.Therefore as India and Pakistan, as you and I, it behooves us to transcend our differences to celebrate our diversity.
作为印巴人,你与我 都应把克服困难, 从而来庆祝我们文化的多样性。
36.to leverage our common humanity.
提升我们共同的人性。
37.Our collective vision at Naya Jeevan, which for many of you, as you all recognize, means “new life” in Urdu and Hindi, is to rejuvenate the lives of millions of low income families
我们共同的Naya Jeevan, 正如在座的很多位都知道, Naya Jeevan在乌尔都语和印度语中是新生活的意思, 让我们重振低收入家庭的生活
38.by providing them with affordable access to catastrophic health care.
向他们提供资源 提供医保。
39.Indeed it is the emerging world’s first HMO for the urban working poor.
的确,这是发展中国家第一个 针对城市低收入人群的健康维护组织。
40.Why should we do this as Indians and Pakistanis?
为何我们要在行动时划清国界呢?
41.We are but two threads cut from the same cloth.
我们骨肉相连。
42.And if our fates are intertwined then we believe that it is good karma, it is good fortune.
命运息息相关 这是我们的荣幸。
43.And for many of us, our fortunes do indeed lie at the bottom of the pyramid. Thank you.
对于我们中的许多人来说,财富的确埋藏在 金字塔底。谢谢。
44.(Applause) Chris Anderson: Fantastic. Just stay up here.
(鼓掌) Chris Anderson:太棒了,先别走。
45.That was fantastic.
棒极了。
46.I found that really moving.
真的很感人。
47.You know, we fought hard to get at least a small Pakistani contingent to come.
要知道,为了让巴基斯坦的代表团到场 我们尽了一切努力。
48.It felt like it was really important.
这真的很重要。
49.They went through a lot to get here.
他们千辛万苦才来到这儿。
50.Would the Pakistanis please just stand up please?
请在座的巴基斯坦人站起来。
51.I just really wanted to acknowledge you.
我想向你们致敬。
52.(Applause) Thank you so much.
(鼓掌) 非常感谢。

ted演讲稿中英文对照

ArthurGanson_制作运动的雕塑【中英文对照】

2024-3-14 19:19:35

ted演讲稿中英文对照

AshrafGhani_讨论如何重建破败的阿富汗国家【中英文对照】

2024-3-14 19:21:23

0 条回复 A文章作者 M管理员
    暂无讨论,说说你的看法吧
个人中心
购物车
优惠劵
今日签到
有新私信 私信列表
搜索