RodneyBrooks_机器人将全面进入我们的生活【中英文对照】

1.What I want to tell you about today is how I see robots invading our lives at multiple levels, over multiple timescales.
今天我想跟大家讨论的话题是:我怎样看待机器人将多层面、跨时代地 进入我们的生活。
2.And when I look out in the future, I can’t imagine a world, 500 years from now, where we don’t have robots everywhere, assuming — despite all the dire predictions from many people about our future —
当我展望未来的时候,我无法想象从现在起的五百年后, 机器人竟然没有遍布世界。 假设——不管那些大多数人对未来所做的一切恐怖预言——
3.assuming we’re still around, I can’t imagine the world not being populated with robots.
假设我们仍然存在,我无法想象这个世界不被机器人所占据。
4.And then the question is, well, if they’re going to be here in 500 years, are they going to be everywhere sooner than that?
那么问题就是,如果五百年后必然在这个世界上, 那么他们会不会更早的时候就已无处不在了?
5.Are they going to be around in 50 years?
他们会不会在五十年之后就到处都有了?
6.Yeah, I think that’s pretty likely — there’s going to be lots of robots everywhere.
是啊,我觉得那非常可能——现在已经有很多机器人在我们周围了。
7.And in fact I think that’s going to be a lot sooner than that.
实际上我认为这个进程还要快得多。
8.I think we’re sort of on the cusp of robots becoming common, and I think we’re sort of around 1978 or 1980 in personal computer years,
我认为我们可以说是处于日益普遍的机器人发展尖峰, 而且我认为我们可以说在1978或1980年左右的个人电脑时代,
9.where the first few robots are starting to appear.
新式的机器人才刚刚开始出现。
10.Computers sort of came around through games and toys.
电脑就像是通过游戏和玩具发展而来的。
11.And you know, the first computer most people had in the house may have been a computer to play Pong, a little microprocessor embedded,
而且大家知道,大多数人的第一台家用电脑 是用来玩Pong(一种简单的视频游戏)的, 仅仅用一个小小的嵌入式微处理器就可以支持了,
12.and then other games that came after that.
然后就涌现了更多其他游戏。
13.And we’re starting to see that same sort of thing with robots: LEGO Mindstorms, Furbies — who here — did anyone here have a Furby?
我们现在开始发现机器人也发生了同样的事情: 比如LEGO头脑风暴和Furbies(两者都是电子机器人玩具)——这里谁曾买过Furby?
14.Yeah, there’s 38 million of them sold worldwide.
对,这种玩具全球卖出了三千八百万套。
15.They are pretty common, and they’re a little tiny robot, a simple robot with some sensors.
它们很普通,只是小巧的机器人, 带着一些传感器的简单机器人。
16.It’s a little bit of processing actuation.
仅仅有一些驱动处理。
17.On the right there is another robot doll, who you could get a couple of years ago.
在右边有另外一个机器人娃娃,你可能几年前就可以买到。
18.And just as in the early days, when there was a lot of sort of amateur interaction over computers, you can now get various hacking kits, how-to-hack books.
就像是早些年, 有很多可以说是业余水平的在电脑上的互动, 而现在你可以买到多种多样的黑客工具包,以及如何做黑客的书籍。
19.And on the left there is a platform from Evolution Robotics, where you put a PC on, and you program this thing with a GUI to wander around your house and do various stuff.
在左边有一个来自于“进化机器人”的平台, 这里你可以放一台电脑,然后使用图形用户界面来编程, 让这个机器人在你的房间里到处巡视并且做很多事情。
20.And then there’s higher price point, sort of robot toys — the Sony Aibo. And on the right there, is one that the NEC developed, the PaPeRo, which I don’t think they’re going to release.
然后是一个高价货,可以说是机器人玩具—— 索尼的Aibo。在右边,是NEC开发的一款机器人, PaPeRo,我认为他们很快就会发布它。
21.But nevertheless, those sorts of things are out there.
不过不管怎样,这所有的东西都过时了。
22.And we’ve seen, over the last two or three years, lawn-mowing robots, Husqvarna on the bottom, Friendly Robotics on top there, an Israeli company.
我们已经看到,在过去的两三年内,出现了锄草机器人, 是屏幕底部的Husqvarna公司生产的,还有顶部那个可爱的机器人,是一家以色列公司生产的。
23.And then in the last 12 months or so we’ve started to see a bunch of home-cleaning robots appear.
然后,在最近的一年左右, 我们开始看到一些家用清洁机器人的面世。
24.Top left one is a very nice home-cleaning robot from a company called Dyson, in the U.K. Except it was so expensive — 3,500 dollars — they didn’t release it.
左上角是一个非常好的家用清洁机器人, 它是一家叫“Dyson”的英国公司生产的。不过它相当贵—— 3500美元——而且并没有上市。
25.But at the bottom left you see Electrolux, which is on sale.
在左下角你可以看到正在发售的Electrolux,
26.Another one from Karcher.
它是Karcher公司的另外一款产品。
27.At the bottom right is one that I built in my lab about 10 years ago, and we finally turned that into a product.
右下角是我10年前在自己的实验室里造出来的机器人, 最终我们把他做成了一款产品。
28.And let me just show you that.
让我给你们演示一下吧。
29.We’re going to give this away, I think Chris said, after the talk.
我们将会把他送出去,我觉得克里斯在我演讲之后会这样说。
30.This is a robot that you can go out and buy, and it will clean up your floor.
这是一个你能外出买到的机器人,它能够清洁你的地板。
****************************************************************
本文来源于[育能软件]   更多更全,请登录NengSoft.com
****************************************************************
31.And it starts off sort of just going around in ever-increasing circles.
它就像不断来回绕圈子似的出发、前进。
32.If it hits something — you people see that?
如果它撞到什么东西的话——你们看到了么?
33.Now it’s starting wall-following, it’s following around my feet to clean up around me. Let’s see, let’s — oh, who stole my Rice Krispies? They stole my Rice Krispies.
现在它开始沿着墙根走,它在绕着我的脚前进 并在我周围做清洁。让我们看一看—— 哦,谁偷了我的“米饼”?他们偷了我的“米饼”。
34.(Laughter) Don’t worry, relax, no, relax, it’s a robot, it’s smart.
(笑声) 别担心,放轻松,对,放轻松,这是一个机器人,它很聪明。
35.(Laughter) See, the three-year-old kids, they don’t worry about it.
(笑声) 看,这些三岁的孩子,他们不担心这一点。
36.It’s grown-ups that get really upset.
大人们才会感到头疼。
37.(Laughter) We’ll just put some crap here.
(笑声) 让我们在这儿放点乱七八糟的东西。
38.(Laughter) Okay.
(笑声) 很好。
39.(Laughter) I don’t know if you see — so, I put a bunch of Rice Krispies there, I put some pennies, let’s just shoot it at that, see if it cleans up.
(笑声) 我不知道你们是否看到——所以,我在这里放一些米饼, 我放一些硬币,让我们在这边拍摄,来看看它是否能够清理干净。
40.Yeah, OK. So — we’ll leave that for later.
对,很好。所以—— 我们把它留到后面。
41.(Applause) Part of the trick was building a better cleaning mechanism, actually; the intelligence on board was fairly simple.
(鼓掌) 这个小把戏的一部分实际上就是建立一个更好的清扫机制; 主板里的智能程序其实很简单。
42.And that’s true with a lot of robots.
并且对于大多数机器人来讲这都是真理。
43.We’ve all, I think, become, sort of computational chauvinists, and think that computation is everything, but the mechanics still matter.
我认为,我们都变成了计算沙文主义者似的, 都觉得计算就是一切, 不过机械原理还是很重要。
44.Here’s another robot, the PackBot, that we’ve been building for a bunch of years.
这是另外一个机器人,PackBot, 我们已经几年之前就造出来了。
45.It’s a military surveillance robot, to go in ahead of troops, looking at caves, for instance.
它是一种军事侦察机器人,诸如,在军队前面开路, 观察洞穴之类的。
46.But we had to make it fairly robust, much more robust than the robots we build in our labs.
但我们必须把它做得相当坚固, 要比我们在实验室里做出来的机器人要坚固的多。
47.(Laughter) On board that robot is a PC running Linux.
(笑声) 它的控制电脑系统是Linux。
48.It can withstand a 400G shock. The robot has local intelligence: it can flip itself over, can get itself into communication range, can go upstairs by itself, et cetera.
它可以承受400G的冲击力。这个机器人还有随环境而调节自身的智能: 它可以自己翻转,可以自己进入通讯范围, 可以自己爬楼梯等等。
49.Okay, so it’s doing local navigation there.
好的,现在它在进行地区导航。
50.A soldier gives it a command to go upstairs, and it does.
一名士兵给它下达上楼的指令,它立即照做。
51.That was not a controlled descent.
这不是一次预定的降落。
52.(Laughter) Now it’s going to head off.
(笑声) 现在它将要开始拦截。
53.And the big breakthrough for these robots, really, was September 11th.
其实有关这些机器人最重大的技术突破发生于9月11日。
54.We had the robots down at the World Trade Center late that evening.
傍晚的时候,我们把这些机器人放在世贸中心下面。
55.Couldn’t do a lot in the main rubble pile, things were just too — there was nothing left to do.
它们并不能在主要的废墟下做很多事情, 事情仅仅是——那儿并没有什么可以做的了。
56.But we did go into all the surrounding buildings that had been evacuated, and searched for possible survivors in the buildings that were too dangerous to go into.
不过我们进入周边那些已经疏散了人群的建筑中, 在那些由于危险而无法进入的建筑中 寻找可能的生还者。
57.Let’s run this video.
我们来看看这个视频。
58.Reporter: …battlefield companions are helping to reduce the combat risks.
记者:……战场上的伙伴能够帮助我们降低战斗风险。
59.Nick Robertson has that story.
来听听尼克·罗伯特森的故事。
60.Rodney Brooks: Can we have another one of these?
罗德尼?布鲁克斯:我们能从里面拿一个吗?
****************************************************************
本文来源于[育能软件]   更多更全,请登录NengSoft.com
****************************************************************
61.Okay, good.
好的,很好。
62.So, this is a corporal who had seen a robot two weeks previously.
这是一个两周前刚刚见过机器人的下士。
63.He’s sending robots into caves, looking at what’s going on.
他把机器人送入洞穴,去探索那里发生了什么。
64.The robot’s being totally autonomous.
机器人是全自动的。
65.The worst thing that’s happened in the cave so far was one of the robots fell down ten meters.
迄今为止那个洞穴里发生的最糟糕的事情 就是这些机器人中的一个从十米高的地方摔了下去。
66.So one year ago, the US military didn’t have these robots.
一年前,美国军队还没有这些机器人。
67.Now they’re on active duty in Afghanistan every day.
现在这些机器人每天都在阿富汗执行任务。
68.And that’s one of the reasons they say a robot invasion is happening.
这也是为什么人们说机器人正在入侵的原因之一了。
69.There’s a sea change happening in how — where technology’s going.
技术以怎样的方式、迈向何方,都将带来巨变。
70.Thanks.
谢谢。
71.And over the next couple of months, we’re going to be sending robots in production down producing oil wells to get that last few years of oil out of the ground.
在接下来的几个月里, 我们将把机器人投入油井的生产 以便我们能够将近几年要用的石油开采出来。
72.Very hostile environments, 150 degrees centigrade, 10,000 PSI.
非常恶劣的环境,150摄氏度的高温,10000PSI的压强。
73.Autonomous robots going down, doing this sort of work.
自动控制的机器人将潜下去,开展工作。
74.But robots like this, they’re a little hard to program.
但是像这样的机器人,其程序会有一点难写。
75.How, in the future, are we going to program our robots and make them easier to use?
未来,我们将如何给我们的机器人编程序 让他们更加易用呢?
76.And I want to actually use a robot here — a robot named Chris — stand up. Yeah. Okay.
而且实际上我想在这里使用一个机器人—— 一个叫做克里斯的机器人——站起来。对,很好。
77.Come over here. Now notice, he thinks robots have to be a bit stiff.
过来,到这里来。下面请注意,他认为机器人肯定有一点僵硬。
78.He sort of does that. But I’m going to — Chris Anderson: I’m just British. RB: Oh.
他就是那么想的。不过我要—— 克里斯安德森:我只是比较英国化。罗德尼布鲁克斯:哦。
79.(Laughter) (Applause) I’m going to show this robot a task. It’s a very complex task.
(笑声) (掌声) 我将给这个机器人展示一件任务。一件很复杂的任务。
80.Now notice, he nodded there, he was giving me some indication he was understanding the flow of communication.
下面要注意,他点头了,他正在向我表示 他理解了沟通的流程。
81.And if I’d said something completely bizarre he would have looked askance at me, and regulated the conversation.
而且如果我说了一些完全异乎寻常的事情, 他就会以询问的眼神看着我,控制这段对话。
82.So now I brought this up in front of him.
所以,现在我把这个放在他的面前。
83.I’d looked at his eyes, and I saw his eyes looked at this bottle top.
我看着他的眼睛,然后我发现他的眼睛盯着这个瓶子的上端。
84.And I’m doing this task here, and he’s checking up.
我在做这件事情,而他在检查。
85.His eyes are going back and forth, up to me to see what I’m looking at, so we’ve got shared attention.
他的眼睛前后移动,看着我正在看的东西, 所以我们有共同的关注点。
86.And so I do this task, and he looks, and he looks to me to see what’s happening next. And now I’ll give him the bottle, and we’ll see if he can do the task. Can you do that?
所以我在做事情,他在看,而且是看着我, 想要知道下一步将发生什么。那么现在我将把瓶子给他, 我们看看他是不是能做这件事情。你能做么?
87.(Laughter) Okay. He’s pretty good. Yeah. Good, good, good.
(笑声) 好的,他表现非常好。是的,很好,很好,很好。
88.I didn’t show you how to do that.
我并没有给你演示应该怎么做。
89.Now see if you can put it back together.
下面看看你是不是能够把他们补好。
90.(Laughter) And he thinks a robot has to be really slow.
(笑声) 他认为一个机器人肯定动作相当缓慢。
91.Good robot, that’s good.
好机器人,非常好。
92.So we saw a bunch of things there.
那么,我们看到了很多。
93.We saw when we’re interacting, we’re trying to show someone how to do something, we direct their visual attention.
大家看到了当我们在交流的时候, 我们试着给某些人演示怎么做事情的时候,我们引导着他们视觉的注意力。
94.The other thing communicates their internal state to us, whether he’s understanding or not, regulates a social interaction.
其他事情会告诉我们他们的内心状态, 他是否正在理解,规范着一次社交活动。
95.There was shared attention looking at the same sort of thing, and recognizing socially communicated reinforcement at the end.
当看着一样的东西时,双方就有了共同的关注点, 并且最终会认识到社交的力量。
96.And we’ve been trying to put that into our lab robots because we think this is how you’re going to want to interact with robots in the future.
我们正试图把这些理念加入我们的实验室机器人 因为我们觉得这才是未来我们想与机器人沟通的方式。
97.I just want to show you one technical diagram here.
在这里我只想给大家展示一个技术图表。
98.The most important thing for building a robot that you can interact with socially is its visual attention system.
要制作一个能与人进行社交的机器人,最重要的就是 它的视觉焦点系统。
99.Because what it pays attention to is what it’s seeing and interacting with, and what you’re understanding what it’s doing.
因为他所关注的焦点就是他所看到 和交流的对象,以及所理解的正在发生的事情。
100.So in the videos I’m about to show you, you’re going to see a visual attention system on a robot which has — it looks for skin tone in HSV space,
因此,在视频里,我将向大家展示, 你将看到一个机器人身上的视觉焦点系统—— 这台机器人在HSV空间中辨别肤色,
101.so it works across all, you know, human colorings.
所以他能够适应于所有的人种。
102.It looks for highly saturated colors, from toys.
它能够识别玩具的高度饱和色。
103.And it looks for things that move around.
他也能识别运动的物体。
104.And it weights those together into an attention window, and it looks for the highest-scoring place — the stuff where the most interesting stuff is happening.
他把所有这些放在一个关注窗口中衡量, 并找出得到最高分的地方—— 哪里发生最有趣的事情就关注哪里。
105.And that is what its eyes then segue to.
那就是他的眼睛所关注的地方。
106.And it looks right at that.
他盯着那里。
107.At the same time, some top-down sort of stuff: might decide that it’s lonely and look for skin tone, or might decide that it’s bored and look for a toy to play with.
与此同时,一些自上而下之类的东西 可能会决定他的孤独,识别肤色, 或可能会决定他的无聊,找玩具来玩。
108.And so these weights change.
因此这些权重会发生变化。
109.And over here on the right, this is what we call the Steven Spielberg memorial module.
在右边的那个地方, 是我们所说的史蒂芬斯皮尔伯格记忆模块。
110.Did people see the movie AI? Audience: Yes.
大家看过电影“人工智能”么?听众:是的。
111.RB: Yeah, it was really bad, but — remember, especially when Haley Joel Osment, the little robot, looked at the blue fairy for 2,000 years without taking his eyes off it?
罗德尼布鲁克斯:哦,那片子拍的真糟糕,不过—— 记住,特别是哈利乔奥斯蒙特,那个小机器人, 整整2000年都在盯着那个蓝色精灵,眼睛眨都不眨?
112.Well, this gets rid of that, because this is a habituation Gaussian that gets negative, and more and more intense as it looks at one thing.
那么,这个机器人不会像他那样, 因为这是一个为负的习惯性高斯曲线, 当他盯着一样东西时,曲线会变得越来越陡。
113.And it gets bored, so it will then look away at something else.
然后他会感觉到厌烦,这样他将转开视线去看别的东西。
114.So, once you’ve got that — and here’s a robot, here’s Kismet, looking around for a toy. You can tell what it’s looking at.
所以,当你知道这些以后——这里有个机器人,叫Kismet, 正在四处寻找一个玩具。你能够知道他正在看什么。
115.You can estimate its gaze direction from those eyeballs covering its camera, and you can tell when it’s actually seeing the toy.
你能从覆盖着下面相机的眼球转动估计到他将看向什么地方, 你也能知道他什么时候看到了那个玩具。
116.And it’s got a little bit of an emotional response here.
这里他有一点点的情绪反应。
117.(Laughter) But it’s still going to pay attention if something more significant comes into it’s field of view — such as Cynthia Breazeal, the builder of this robot — from the right.
(笑声) 不过如果比较明显的东西进入他的视野 他会一直关注的—— 比如辛西娅布里泽尔,这个机器人的制造者。
118.It sees her, pays attention to her.
他看到了她,对她很关注。
119.Kismet has an underlying, three-dimensional emotional space, a vector space, of where it is emotionally.
Kismet具备底层、三维的情感空间, 一个向量的空间,那是有情感的。
120.And at different places in that space it expresses — can we have the volume on here?
在那个空间中不同的地方,他会表达—— 我们能把音量调高点么?
121.Can you hear that now, out there? Audience: Yeah.
现在你们能听到那里面的声音么?听众:是的。
122.Kismet: Do you really think so? Do you really think so?
Kismet:你真这样认为么?你真这样认为么?
123.Do you really think so?
你真这样认为么?
124.RB: So it’s expressing it’s emotion through its face and the prosody in it’s voice.
罗德尼布鲁克斯:所以他在通过他的面部动作和声音的韵律 表达他的情感。
125.And when I was dealing with my robot over here, Chris, the robot, was measuring the prosody in my voice, and so we have the robot measure prosody for four basic messages
当我跟我的机器人在这里交流的时候 Chris,这个机器人,正在分析我的声音韵律, 所以,我们已经有了能分析声音韵律来判断四种基本信息的机器人,
126.that mothers give their children pre-linguistically.
这四种信息是妈妈给学说话之前的孩子们传达的。
127.Here we’ve got naive subjects praising the robot, Voice: Nice robot.
现在我们拿出一些幼稚的话题来奖励这个机器人, 声音:乖,
128.You’re such a cute little robot.
你就是一个可爱的小机器人。
129.(Laughter) And the robot’s reacting appropriately.
(笑声) 这个机器人的反应非常好。
130.Voice: …very good, Kismet.
声音:。。。很好,Kismet。
131.(Laughter) Voice: Look at my smile.
(笑声) 声音:看着我笑。
132.RB: It smiles. She imitates the smile. This happens a lot.
罗德尼布鲁克斯:他笑了。她模仿着这个微笑。这样的情形经常发生。
133.These are naive subjects.
这些只是比较幼稚的话题。
134.Here we asked them to get the robot’s attention and indicate when they have the robot’s attention.
下面我们让他们吸引这个机器人的注意力 并且当成功的时候向我们示意。
135.Voice: Hey, Kismet, ah, there it is.
声音:嘿,Kismet,啊,就是那样。
136.RB: So she realizes she has the robot’s attention.
罗德尼布鲁克斯:所以她意识到她已经吸引到了这个机器人的注意力。
137.Voice: Kismet, do you like the toy? Oh.
声音:Kismet,你喜欢这个玩具么?噢。
138.RB: Now, here they’re asked to prohibit the robot, and this first woman really pushes the robot into an emotional corner.
罗德尼布鲁克斯:现在,现在他们被要求教会机器人令行禁止, 首先出来的这个女的确实将机器人推入一个情绪化的角落里了。
139.Voice: No. No. You’re not to do that. No.
声音:不,不。你不能做那件事。不。
140.(Laughter) Voice: Not appropriate. No. No.
(笑声) 声音:这不合适。不,不。
141.(Laughter) RB: I’m going to leave it at that.
(笑声) 罗德尼布鲁克斯:我会把他留在那里。
142.We put that together. Then we put in turn taking.
我们把那个放在一起。然后我们进行轮换。
143.When we talk to someone, we talk.
当我们跟某人谈话时,我们就谈话。
144.Then we sort of raise our eyebrows, move our eyes, give the other person the idea it’s their turn to talk.
然后我们就像是耸动眉毛,转动眼睛那样 告诉别人轮到他们讲话了。
145.And then they talk, and then we pass the baton back and forth between each other.
接着他们开始讲话,这样我们就来来回回的接力。
146.So we put this in the robot.
所以我们把这个因素加入机器人。
147.We got a bunch of naive subjects in, we didn’t tell them anything about the robot, sat them down in front of the robot and said, talk to the robot.
我们把很多这样幼稚的话题加入, 我们没有告诉他们任何关于这个机器人的消息, 只是让他们坐在机器人前面,让他们跟机器人讲话。
148.Now what they didn’t know was, the robot wasn’t understanding a word they said, and that the robot wasn’t speaking English.
现在他们所不明白的是, 机器人完全不懂他们在讲什么, 而且机器人也不说英语。
149.It was just saying random English phonemes.
他仅仅发出一些英语音节。
150.And I want you to watch carefully, at the beginning of this, where this person, Ritchie, who happened to talk to the robot for 25 minutes —
我希望你们能仔细看,最初, 这个叫Ritchie的人,跟这个机器人讲了25分钟的话——
151.(Laughter) — says, “I want to show you something.
(笑声) ——他说,“我想给你看一些东西。
152.I want to show you my watch.”
我想给你看看我的手表。”
153.And he brings the watch center, in to the robot’s field of vision, points to it, gives it an emotion cue, and the robot looks at the watch quite successfully.
然后他把手表放在机器人的视野范围内, 指着它,给了他一个情感上的暗示, 这个机器人非常成功的注意到了手表。
154.We don’t know whether he understood or not that the robot — Notice the turn-taking.
我们不知道他是否意识到,这个机器人—— 意识到了角色的轮换。
155.Ritchie: OK, I want to show you something. OK, this is a watch that my girlfriend gave me.
Ritchie:好,我想让你看一些东西。好,这是一块手表, 是我女朋友给我的。
156.Robot: Oh, cool.
机器人:哦,酷!
157.Ritchie: Yeah, look, it’s got a little blue light in it too. I almost lost it this week.
Ritchie:是的,看,它还在发着蓝光呢。这周我差点丢了它。
158.(Laughter) RB: So it’s making eye contact with him, following his eyes.
(笑声) 罗德尼布鲁克斯:他正在与他进行眼神接触,跟随着他的眼睛。
159.Ritchie: Can you do the same thing? Robot: Yeah, sure.
Ritchie:你能做到同样的事情么?机器人:是的,当然了。
160.RB: And they successfully have that sort of communication.
罗德尼布鲁克斯:他们成功的开始了交流。
161.And here’s another aspect of the sorts of things that Chris and I were doing.
另外,这里还有一个方面的事情是克里斯和我正在做的。
162.This is another robot, Cog.
这是另外一个机器人,Cog。
163.They first make eye contact, and then, when Christie looks over at this toy, the robot estimates her gaze direction and looks at the same thing that she’s looking at.
他们首次进行了眼神接触,然后,当克里斯蒂看着那个玩具, 这个机器人判断出她的关注方向 并且跟她一起盯着同样的东西。
164.(Laughter) So we’re going to see more and more of this sort of robot over the next few years in labs.
(笑声) 未来的几年后,我们将会在实验室里 看到越来越多像这样的机器人。
165.But then the big questions, two big questions that people ask me are: if we make these robots more and more human-like, will we accept them, will we — will they need rights eventually?
不过随之而来是大问题,人们问我的最大的两个问题是: 如果我们造出的机器人越来越像人类, 我们会承认他们,我们会——他们最终会需要权利么?
166.And the other question people ask me is, will they want to take over?
人们问我的另一个问题是,他们将会接管世界么?
167.(Laughter) And on the first — you know, this has been a very Hollywood theme with lots of movies. You probably recognize these characters here —
(笑声) 第一个问题,这已经是一个非常好莱坞的主题了, 相关的电影也非常多。你可能会意识到这些角色——
168.where in each of these cases, the robots want more respect.
不管在任何一个例子里,机器人都渴望得到更多的尊重。
169.Well, do you ever need to give robots respect?
那么,你是否需要给予机器人尊重?
170.They’re just machines, after all.
他们只是机器而已。
171.But I think, you know, we have to accept that we are just machines.
不过我觉得,我们也不得不承认我们是机器。
172.After all, that’s certainly what modern molecular biology says about us.
毕竟,那确实是现代分子生物学对我们的描述。
173.You don’t see a description of how, you know, Molecule A, you know, comes up and docks with this other molecule.
你看不到这样的描述,也就是关于 分子A,靠近并与另外一个分子对接。
174.And it’s moving forward, you know, propelled by various charges, and then the soul’ steps in and tweaks those molecules so that they connect.
然后向前移动,被不同的电荷所推动, 然后soul加入,调整这些分子使它们连接起来。
175.It’s all mechanistic, we are mechanism.
这都是机械化的,我们就是机器体。
176.If we are machines, then in principle at least, we should be able to build machines out of other stuff, which are just as alive as we are.
如果我们是机器,那么至少在原则上, 我们应该能够用其他东西造出机器, 这些机器就像我们一样是活着的。
177.But I think for us to admit that, we have to give up on our special-ness, in a certain way.
不过我觉得我们应该承认, 我们不得不以某种方式在我们的特殊性上放弃。
178.And we’ve had the retreat from special-ness under the barrage of science and technology many times over the last few hundred years, at least.
至少在过去的几百年,我们已经很多次 想证明我们的特殊性,但总是 在科学技术的攻势下收获失败。
179.500 years ago we had to give up the idea that we are the center of the universe when the earth started to go around the sun; 150 years ago, with Darwin, we had to give up the idea we were different from animals.
当地球开始围绕太阳转时,500年前 我们就放弃了我们处于 宇宙中心的想法; 150年前,因为达尔文,我们不得不摒弃我们与动物不同的想法。
180.And to, you know, imagine — you know, it’s always hard for us.
大家知道,去想象这些——对于我们来说很困难。
181.You know, recently we’ve been battered with the idea that maybe we didn’t even have our own creation event, here on earth, which people didn’t like much. And then the human genome said,
近来,我们又震惊的得知 我们在地球上甚至没有自己的创造活动, 这样的想法大家都不喜欢。然后人类基因告诉我们,
182.maybe we only have 35,000 genes. And that was really — people didn’t like that, we’ve got more genes than that.
可能我们只有35000个基因。那真是—— 大家不喜欢这样说,我们拥有比那个数目更多的基因。
183.We don’t like to give up our special-ness, so, you know, having the idea that robots could really have emotions, or that robots could be living creatures —
我们不愿意放弃自己的特殊性,所以,大家知道, 了解到机器人能够真正拥有感情的想法, 或者机器人可能是生物的想法——
184.I think is going to be hard for us to accept.
我想对我们来说都很难接受。
185.But we’re going to come to accept it over the next 50 years or so.
不过到下一个50年之后我们将会接受这样的想法。
186.And the second question is, will the machines want to take over?
第二个问题是,机器人想要接管世界么?
187.And here the standard scenario is that we create these things, they grow, we nurture them, they learn a lot from us, and then they start to decide that we’re pretty boring, slow.
这里标准的脚本就是我们创造了他们, 他们成长着,我们哺育着他们,他们从我们这里学到很多, 然后他们开始认为我们很无聊,行动缓慢。
188.They want to take over from us.
他们希望从我们手中接管世界。
189.And for those of you that have teenagers, you know what that’s like.
对于那些家里由青少年的人,你们知道那是什么光景。
190.(Laughter) But Hollywood extends it to the robots.
(笑声) 只不过好莱坞把它拓展到了机器人身上。
191.And the question is, you know, will someone accidentally build a robot that takes over from us?
问题是, 某些人会突然制造出一个接管世界的机器人么?
192.And that’s sort of like this lone guy in the back yard, and, you know, “I accidentally built a 747.”
这就像一个在后院生活的孤独的人说, “我不小心造出一架波音747。”
193.You know, I don’t think that’s going to happen.
我认为这不会发生。
194.And I don’t think — (Laughter) — I don’t think we’re going to deliberately build robots that we’re uncomfortable with.
我并不认为—— (笑声) ——我觉得我们不会故意制造一些 让我们不好受的机器人。
195.We’ll — you know, they’re not going to have a super bad robot.
我们造出的——不会一下子是个超级机器人大坏蛋。
196.Before that has to come to be, you know, a mildly bad robot, and before that a not so bad robot.
在此之前,先得有个轻度的不良机器人, 而在此之前,会变成一个不那么坏的机器人。
197.(Laughter) And we’re just not going to let it go that way.
(笑声) 我们不会就让事态向那么坏的方向发展。
198.(Laughter) So, I think I’m going to leave it at that: the robots are coming, we don’t have too much to worry about, it’s going to be a lot of fun,
(笑声) 所以,我觉得我会下这样的结论:机器人正在到来, 我们无需太过担忧,这将很有趣,
199.and I hope you all enjoy the journey over the next 50 years.
我希望大家能够享受着下一个50年的旅程。

ted演讲稿中英文对照

RobHopkins_不用石油的转变世界【中英文对照】

2024-4-19 14:44:05

ted演讲稿中英文对照

RonEglash_非洲的分形结构【中英文对照】

2024-4-19 14:44:57

0 条回复 A文章作者 M管理员
    暂无讨论,说说你的看法吧
个人中心
购物车
优惠劵
今日签到
有新私信 私信列表
搜索