1.I want to talk about my investigations into what technology means in our lives, not just our immediate life, but in the cosmic sense,
我想谈谈我的调查 在我们生活中,技术是什么, 它不仅仅是我们眼前的生活,还有宇宙层面上,
2.in the kind of long history of the world and our place in the world, what is this stuff?
从漫长的历史世界 到我们人类在世界上所处的地位, 这技术到底意味什么?
3.What is the significance?
有什么意义?
4.And so, I want to kind of go through my little story of what I found out.
好,我来谈谈 我所发现的小故事。
5.And one of the first things that I started to investigate was the history of the name of technology.
我首先要谈的是我着手研究过的 技术这个词的由来
6.And in the United States there is a state of the Union address given by every president since 1790.
在美国,从1790年起,每位总统都要发表一个国情咨文 的报告。
7.And each one of those is really kind of summing up the most important things for the United States at that time.
每一份国情咨文 总结了美国当时发生的 最重要的事情
8.If you search for the word “technology”
如果你搜索“技术”这个词
9.it was not used untill 1952.
你会发现,一直到1952年,“技术”这个词才被使用。
10.So, technology was sort of absent from everybody’s thinking, until 1952, which happened to be the year of my birth.
所以技术这个概念一直到到1952年,也就是我出生的那一年, 才在人们脑海中出现。
11.And obviously, technology had existed before then, but we weren’t aware of it.
显然,技术 之前就已经存在,只是我们没有意识到它的存在。
12.And so it was sort of an awakening of this force in our life.
因此在1952年前后 我们生活中这种技术力量开始觉醒。
13.I actually did research to find out the first use of the word “technology”
实际上我研究了解到第一次 使用“技术”
14.and it was in 1829.
是在1829年。
15.And it was invented by a guy who was starting a curriculum, a course, bringing together all the kinds of arts and crafts, and industry.
一个安排课程表, 课程的人发明了它,用来把工艺美术和工业整合到 一起。
16.And he called it technology.
他称它为技术。
17.And that’s the very first use of the word.
这是第一次使用这个单词。
18.So, what is this stuff that we’re all consumed by, and bothered by?
那么, 我们都为之所占有,被为之惴惴不安的 这东西到底是什么?
19.Alan Kay calls it, “Technology is anything that was invented after you were born.
阿兰·凯伊说:“技术是当你出生后 才被发明的东西。”
20.(Laughter) Which is sort of the idea that we normally have of about what technology is.
(笑声) 我们通常也是这么想的
21.It’s all that new stuff.
技术就是新的东西
22.It’s not roads or penicillin, or factory tires. It’s the new stuff.
不是指道路,或者盘尼西林, 或者轮胎厂。技术是指新东西。
23.My friend Danny Hillis says kind of a similar one, he says, “Technology is anything that doesn’t work yet.”
我朋友丹尼希利斯说过类似的话, 他说:“技术,就是一些还不能很好的使用的玩意。”
24.(Laughter) Which is, again, a sense that it’s all new.
(笑声) 这又再次证明技术是指新的东西。
25.But we know that it’s just not new.
但是我们知道它不仅仅是新东西,
26.It actually goes way back. And what I want to suggest is it goes a long way back.
它也可以追溯到过去。我要建议的是 技术有一段很长的历史演变。
27.So, another way to think about technology, what it means, is to imagine a world without technology.
那么,换种方式来思考技术,它意味着什么, 想象一个没有技术的世界。
28.If we were to eliminate every single bit of technology in the world today, and I mean everything, from blades to scrapers to cloth,
如果我们去除当今世界的每个独特的技术, 我是指所有技术, 从刀片到刮刀再到织物,
29.we as a species would not live very long.
作为一个物种,我们就不会活很长时间。
30.We would die by the billions, and very quickly.
数十亿人会很快地死掉。
****************************************************************
本文来源于[育能软件] 更多更全,请登录NengSoft.com
****************************************************************
31.The wolves would get us. We would be defenseless.
狼群会吃我们,以致于我们无法防身。
32.We would be unable to grow enough food, or find enough food.
我们将无法生产足够的粮食,或者找不到足够的食物。
33.Even the hunter gatherers used some elementary tools.
甚至是猎人打猎也使用一些基本工具。
34.And so, they had minimal technology, but they had some technology.
尽管他们用最少的技术, 但他们已经有了一些技术。
35.And if we study those hunter gatherer tribes and the Neanderthal, which are very similar to early man.
如果我们研究这些狩猎采集部落 和非常类似于早期人类的尼安德特人,
36.We find out a very curious thing about this world without technology, and this is a kind of a curve of their average age.
我们会发现没有技术的世界一个非常新奇的事情, 这就是他们的平均年龄曲线。
37.There are no Neanderthal fossils that are older than 40 years old that we’ve ever found.
我们迄今发现没有一块尼安德特人化石 显示他们寿命超过40岁
38.And the average age of most of these hunter gatherer tribes is 20 to 30.
这些狩猎采集部落大多数人平均年龄 是20-30岁。
39.There are very few young infants because they die, high mortality rate, and there is very few old people.
因为非常高死亡率,所以非常少的婴幼儿 存活,也有很少的老年人存活。
40.And so the profile is sort of for your average San Francisco neighborhood.
这是你们旧金山周边人们的平均年龄资料。
41.A lot of young people.
有很多年轻人。
42.And if you go there, you say, “Hey, everybody is really healthy.”
如果你去旧金山那里,你说,“嘿,大家都很健康吧。”
43.Well, that’s because they’re all young.
嗯,那是因为他们都很年轻。
44.And the same thing with the hunter gatherer tribes and early man is that you didn’t live beyond the age of 30.
狩猎采集部落和早期人的同样问题 是他们活不到30岁。
45.So, it was a world without grandparents.
因此,那是一个没有祖父母的世界。
46.And grandparents are very important, because they are the transmitter of cultural evolution and information.
祖父母也是非常重要的, 因为他们是文化演变和信息的传承者。
47.Imagine a world and basically everyone was 20 to 30 years old, how much learning can you do?
想象一个世界,基本上每个人都在20岁至30岁, 你可以学到什么东西?
48.You can’t do very much learning in your own life, it’s so short.
在你仅有的生命中,你不可能学到很多东西, 它太短了。
49.And there is nobody to pass on what you do learn.
没有人可以传授给你所要学的东西。
50.So, that’s one aspect.
这只是一个方面。
51.It was a very short life. But at the same time anthropologists know that most hunter gatherer tribes of the world with very little technology, actually did not spend
生命太短暂。但同时 人类学家知道 世界上多数狩猎采集部落 使用很少的技术,其实他们并没有花
52.a very long time gathering the food that they needed.
很长的时间采集他们所需要的食物。
53.Three to six hours a day.
一天3至6小时狩猎采集。
54.Some anthropologists call that the original affluent society.
一些人类学家称之为原始富足社会。
55.Because they had banker hours basically.
因为他们基本上有工作小时,类似于银行家小时。
56.So, it was possible to get enough food.
就有可能获得足够的粮食。
57.But when the scarcity came when the highs and lows and the droughts came, then people went into starvation.
但当食物不足时, 收成不稳定和干旱来临时, 人们就进入饥饿时期。
58.And that’s why they didn’t live very long.
这也是他们活不长久的原因。
59.So, what technology brought, through the very simple tools like these stone tools here, even something as small as this, the early bands of humans were actually able
因此技术都带来什么, 通过这样很简单的工具,像这里的石器, 甚至一些小到这样的工具, 伴随人类的早期动物,
60.to eliminate, to extinction about 250 megafauna animals in North America when they first arrived 10,000 years ago.
当它们1万年前第一次出现在北美洲, 大约250种巨型动物群 事实上它们都被淘汰和灭绝了。
****************************************************************
本文来源于[育能软件] 更多更全,请登录NengSoft.com
****************************************************************
61.So, long before the industrial age we’ve been affecting the planet on a global scale, with just a small amount of technology.
所以,早在工业时代 我们虽然那时用的技术很少 但人类就已经在全球范围内影响地球
62.The other thing that the early man invented was fire.
另一件事情是早期人类发明了火。
63.And fire was used to clear out, and again, effected the ecology of grass and whole continents, and was used in cooking.
火是用来清除丛林,并再次 影响生态草地和整个大陆, 并用于做饭。
64.It enabled us to actually eat all kinds of things.
它使我们可以吃各种东西。
65.It was sort of, in a certain sense, in a McLuhan sense, an external stomach.
在某种意义上,从麦克卢汉意义上,它是 一个外在的胃。
66.In the sense that it was cooking food that we could not eat otherwise.
在这个意义上讲,只有用火烹调食物,否则我们不能吃。
67.And if we don’t have fire, we actually could not live.
如果我们没有火,我们根本无法生存。
68.Our bodies have adapted to these new diets.
我们身体已经适应了这些新的饮食习惯。
69.Our bodies have changed in the last 10,000 years.
过去1万年,我们的身体已经改变了。
70.So, with that little bit of technology, humans went from a small band of 10,000 or so, the same number as Neanderthals everywhere, and we suddenly exploded, with the invention of language,
所以,应用很少的技术, 人类就从大约1万少数人发展起来, 同等于那时遍布各地的尼安特人的数量, 我们发明了语言,突然人口爆炸了,
71.around 50,000 years ago the number of humans exploded, and very quickly became the dominant species on the planet.
大约5万年前, 人口数量呈爆炸式发展, 非常快地就变成了这地球上的主宰者。
72.And they migrated into the rest of the world at two kilometers per year until within several tens of thousands of years we occupied every single watershed on the planet
以每年2公里速度,仅仅数万年 人类就迁移到世界各地 懂得少量技术以后
73.and became the most dominant species, with a very small amount of technology.
我们人类就占领这地球上每一个分水岭地 变成那里的最主要的物种
74.And even at that time, with the introduction of agriculture, 8,000 – 10,000 years ago we started to see climate change.
甚至在那个时候,8000年至1万年以前 伴随农业的发展 我们就开始有气候变化。
75.So, climate change is not a new thing.
所以气候变化不是一个新鲜事物。
76.What’s new is just the degree of it. Even during the agricultural age there was climate change.
新鲜的是气候变化的程度。甚至 在农业时代就有了气候变化。
77.And so, already small amounts of technology were transforming the world.
因此,少量的技术已经 在改变着世界。
78.And what this means, and where I’m going is that technology has become the most powerful force in the world.
这意味着,我所指的是 技术已经变成世界上最强大的力量。
79.All the things that we see today that are changing our lives, we can always trace back to the introduction of some new technology.
我们今天所看到的所有 改变我们生活的事情,我们都可以追溯 归结为一些新技术的发明。
80.So, it’s a force, that is the most powerful force that has been unleashed on this planet.
所以这是一种力量 它是这地球上已经被释放的最最强大的力量
81.And in such a degree that I think that it’s become our, who we are.
强大到使我相信 技术变成我们人类自己
82.In fact, our humanity, and everything that we think about ourselves is something that we’ve invented.
事实上,我们的人性,和一切关于我们自己的想法思考 都是我们后来发明的
83.So, we’ve invented ourselves. Of all the animals that we’ve domesticated the most important animal that we’ve domesticated has been us. Okay?
所以,我们发明了我们自身。被我们驯服的所有动物当中, 最重要的一个 就是我们自身。对吧?
84.So, humanity is our greatest invention.
所以,人性是我们最伟大的发明。
85.But of course we’re not done yet.
当然了,我们还没有完全做好。
86.We’re still inventing. And this is what technology is allowing us to do.
我们还在发明。这就是我们可以做的技术。
87.It’s continually to reinvent ourselves.
继续再发掘人的潜力去重新发明。
88.It’s a very very strong force.
这是超强大的力量。
89.I call this entire thing, us humans as our technology, everything that we’ve made, gadgets in our lives, we call that the Technium. That’s this world.
我们人类作为技术本身,这就是头等大事, 我们创造的每一件事,日常生活每个工具, 我们称之为技术元素。这就是技术世界。
90.My working definition of technology is anything useful that a human mind makes.
我现在对技术的定义是 人类创造的任何有用的东西。
91.It’s not just hammers and gadgets like laptops.
不仅仅指锤子,或者像笔记本的工具。
92.But it’s also Law. And of course cities are ways to make things more useful to us.
但也指规律,法则。当然对我们人类来说,城市是种方法使事情变得 更加有用。
93.While this is something that comes from our mind, it also has its roots deeply into the cosmos.
此时,我脑海中冒出的想法, 技术也深深扎根于 宇宙空间。
94.It goes back. The origins and roots of technology go back to the Big Bang, in this way, in that they are part of this self-organizing thread
追溯技术,它的起源和最初的根源 要回到大爆炸, 因此,技术的起源是 一个自组织的网,
95.that starts at the Big Bang and goes through galaxies and stars into life into us.
它开始于大爆炸, 再穿过星系和恒星 进入到我们的生活。
96.And the three major phases of the early universe was energy, when the dominant force was energy.
早期宇宙的三个主要阶段 是能量,那时主导力量是能量。
97.Then it became, the dominant force, as it cooled, became matter.
然后主导力量变化,随着能量冷却,它变成物质。
98.And then, with the invention of life, four billion years ago, the dominant force in our neighborhood became information.
40亿年前,随着生命物质的发展, 在我们周边主导力量变为信息。
99.That’s what life is. It’s an information process that was restructuring and making new order.
这就是生活。信息处理就是 重新构建与重新排序的过程
100.So, those energy matter Einstein showed were equivalent, and now new sciences of quantum computing show that entropy and information and matter and energy
所以,爱因斯坦发现的这些能量物质 是可以相等转化的,现在新的 量子计算的科学显示熵/平均信息量 与信息,物质和能量
101.are all interrelated, so it’s one long continuum.
都是相互关联的,所以它是一个长期连续体。
102.You put energy into the right kind of system, and out comes wasted heat entropy, and extropy, which is order.
当你把能量放到合适的体系中, 而产生了废热熵, 和废除物,这就是规律
103.It’s the increase in order.
而且规律还在变化。
104.So, where does this order come from? Its roots go way back.
那么,这规则是从哪来的?它的根源早就有了。
105.We actually don’t know.
我们竟然还不知道。
106.But we do know that the self organization trend throughout the universe is long, and it began with things like galaxies.
但是我们知道整个宇宙的自我组织趋势 是很长远的, 它起源于像星系的东西。
107.They maintained their order for billions of years.
它们保持了数十亿年的规则。
108.Stars are basically nuclear fusion machines that self organize and self sustain themselves for billions of years.
星星们基本上是数十亿年自我组织 自我维持自己的核裂变化
109.This order against the entropy of the world.
这违背了世界普世的秩序。
110.And flowers and plants are the same thing, extended.
花卉和植物是同样的东西,在发展延伸。
111.And technology is basically an extension of life.
技术基本上是一个生命的延续。
112.So, one trend that we notice in all those things is that the amount of energy per gram, per second that flows through this, is actually increasing.
我们在所有这些事情里发现一个趋势是 每克每秒在这流动变化的能量 实际上是增加的。
113.the amount of energy is increasing through this little sequence.
能量通过这个小顺序在增加。
114.And that the amount of energy per gram, per second, that flows through life is actually greater than a star, because of the star’s long lifespan,
每克每秒在生命中流动变化的能量 实际上比一个星星能量要大得多, 因为星星的长寿命,
115.the energy density in life is actually higher than a star.
生命中的能量密度实际上要高于星星的能量密度。
116.And the energy density that we see in the greatest, that we see anywhere in the universe is actually in a P.C. chip.
我们所见到的最大的, 在宇宙中的任何地方所看到的能量密度实际上是储存在个人芯片。
117.There is more energy flowing through, per gram per second, than anything that we have any other experience with.
它是每克每秒产生的能量 都比我们接触任何其他事物的能量要多得多
118.So, what I would suggest, is that if you want to see where technology is going, we continue that trajectory, and we say well what’s going to become more energy dense,
所以我的建议是如果你想知道 技术将怎么发展,我们还在这轨迹变化上, 我们晓得什么将变成更多能源密度,
119.that’s where it’s going. And so what I’ve done is, I’ve taken the same kinds of things and looked at other aspects of evolutionary life and say,
这就是技术发展趋势。因此我所做的是 我已经研究了同样的事情 看生命进化的其他方面 和总结,
120.what are the general trends in evolutionary life.
什么是生命进化的总趋势。
121.And there are things moving towards greater complexity, moving towards greater diversity, moving towards greater specialization, sentience, ubiquity and most important, evolvability.
一些事情朝着 更加复杂化,更加多样化, 更加专业化, 更具有感知性,更加普遍存在和最重要的,更具有进化发展性。
122.Those very same things are also present in technology.
正是这些事情是当今发展的技术,
123.That’s where technology is going.
也是技术发展的潮流。
124.In fact technology is accelerating all the aspects of life.
事实上,在生活的各个方面 技术的发展都变得越来越快
125.And we can see that happening. Just as there is diversity in life, there is more diversity in things we make.
我们会看到这种变化。正如在生活中存在的多样性, 我们可以创造更多多样性的事情。
126.Things in life start out being general cell, and they become specialized. You have tissue cells.
生命中事物开始是一般细胞, 它们变得专业化。你有组织细胞。
127.You have muscle, brain cells. And same things happens with say, a hammer, which is general at first and becomes more specific.
你有肌肉,脑细胞。同样的道理 就如最初一般的锤子 它变得更加具体化。
128.So, I would like to say that while there is six kingdoms of life, we can think of technology basically as a seventh kingdom of life.
所以我想说,现在有6个生命王国, 我们可以认为技术基本上 是第7个生命王国。
129.It’s a branching off from the human form.
这是一个有别于人类形式的分支。
130.But technology has its own agenda, like anything, like life itself.
但技术有它自己的议程 就像其他事,就像生命本身。
131.For instance right now, three quarters of the energy that we use is actually used to feed the technium itself.
比如现在,我们使用的四分之三能源 实际上是用来供应技术元素自身。
132.In transportation, it’s not to move us, it’s to move the stuff that we make or buy.
在交通运输,它不是移动我们,而是移动 我们生产的和想买的东西。
133.I use the word “want”. Technology wants.
我使用这个词“想要”描述。技术想要什么。
134.This is a robot that wants to plug itself in to get more power.
机器人想使它自己得到更多能量。
135.Your cat wants more food.
你的猫想要更多的食物。
136.A bacterium, which has no consciousness at all wants to move towards light.
一个没有任何意识的细菌 想要移到光亮地方。
137.It has an urge. And technology has an urge.
这往往是驱策,技术有着驱策力。
138.At the same time, it wants to give us things.
同时,技术想要创造出事物。
139.And what it gives us is basically progress.
技术带给我们的基本上是改进。
140.You can take all kinds of curves, and they’re all pointing up.
你可以看看这些曲线图表,他们都是向上发展变化的。
141.There is really no dispute about progress, if we discount the cost of that.
如果我们扣去技术的成本 这确实是毫无争议的进步
142.And that’s the thing that bothers most people, is that progress is really real, but we wonder and question what are the environmental costs of it.
困扰大多数人的事情是 技术的确是真的进步了, 但我们会吃惊和质疑我们为此所付出的环境代价。
143.I did a survey of a number of species of artifacts in my house.
我做了一个在我家的人造物品种类数量的调查,
144.And there is 6,000. Other people have come up with 10,000.
共有6千件。其他人的数量加起来有1万件。
145.When King Henry of England died, he had 18,000 things in his house.
当英国亨利国王死时, 他家有1万8千件东西。
146.But that was the entire wealth of England.
那就是整个英国的全部财富。
147.And with that entire wealth of England, King Henry could not buy any antibiotics.
尽管有了整个英国的全部财富, 亨利国王不可以买任何抗生素。
148.He could not buy refrigeration. He could not buy a trip of a thousand miles.
他买不到电冰箱。他买不到数以千里的旅游。
149.Whereas this rickshaw-wale in India could save up and buy antibiotics.
但是这个在印度的人力黄包车夫 可以积攒钱和买抗生素。
150.And he could buy refrigeration.
他也可以购得电冰箱。
151.He could buy things that King Henry, in all his wealth could never buy.
他可以买到亨利国王用他全部财富也买不到的东西。
152.That’s what progress is about.
这就是技术进步的例子。
153.So, technology is selfish. Technology is generous.
当然,技术是自私的,技术是慷慨的。
154.That conflict, that tension will be with us forever.
这种冲突和紧张会伴随我们永远。
155.That sometimes it wants to do what it wants to do.
有时技术就想做它想做的事情。
156.And sometimes it’s going to do things for us.
有时技术为了我们大家做些事情。
157.We have confusion about what we should think about a new technology.
我们搞不清我们应该怎样思考一项新技术。
158.Right now the default position about when a new technology comes along, is we — people talk about the precautionary principle.
当新技术来临 现在人们的默认方法是 讨论有什么预警的原理
159.Which is very common in Europe.
这在欧洲非常普遍。
160.Which says, basically, “Don’t do anything.” When you meet a new technology, stop, until it can be proven that there is no harm.
简单说就是:“不要去做任何事。”当你遇到一个新 技术,请停止, 直到它被证明是没有害处的。
161.I think that that really leads nowhere.
我认为这的确行不通。
162.But I think a better way is to, what I call, proactionary principle.
但我觉得更好的办法是,我称它为先行动原则。
163.Which is, you engage with technology.
它是指你参与从事技术。
164.You try it out.
你可以试试看。
165.You obviously do what the precautionary principle suggests, you try to anticipate it. But after anticipating it, you constantly asses it,
你明显做不干预原则建议的做法, 你也可以试试先行动原则,当但你试过先行动原则后, 你会经常使用它,
166.not just once, but eternally.
不仅仅一次,而是永远使用。
167.And when it diverts from what you want, we prioritize risk, we evaluate not just the new stuff, but the old stuff.
但当技术偏离于你想要的技术时, 我们优化风险,我们不只是评估 新东西,还有老东西。
168.We fix it. But most importantly we relocate it.
我们解决问题,但最重要的是我们重组技术。
169.And what I mean by that is that we find a new job for it.
我这指的是 我们给技术找到新的任务工作。
170.Nuclear energy, fission, is really bad idea for bombs.
用于军事目的的核能,核裂变 是一个坏主意
171.But it may be a pretty good idea, relocated relocated into sustainable nuclear energy for electricity, instead of burning coal.
当是这技术可能是一个绝好的点子,只要我们重新 应用它到可持续发展核能源 用来生电而代替火力生电。
172.When we have a bad idea, the response to a bad idea is not no ideas, it’s not to stop thinking.
当我们有一个坏主意,对这坏主意的反应 不是这主意,也不是要停下来思考。
173.The response to a bad idea, like, say, a tungsten lightbulb, is a better idea. Okay?
而是对此反应 就像这个钨灯泡的例子, 它会变成一个好主意,对吧?
174.So, better ideas is really always the response to technology that we don’t like is basically, better technology.
所以,好主意通常是 那些我们不喜欢的技术 事实上它们的确是比较好的技术。
175.Actually, in a certain sense, technology is a kind of a method for generating better ideas, if you can think about it that way.
事实上,在某种意义上,技术 是一种集合最好点子的方法, 如果你可以向那样思考的话。
176.So, maybe spraying DDT on crops is a really bad idea.
所以,也许对农作物喷洒滴滴涕是一个非常糟糕的主意。
177.But DDT sprayed on local homes, there is nothing better to eliminate malaria, besides insect DDT impregnated mosquito nets.
但是滴滴涕喷洒到当地家庭, 此外,昆虫滴滴涕浸渍蚊帐 是最好消除疟疾的方法
178.But that’s a really good idea. That’s a good job for technology.
这的确是一个好主意。技术做得非常好例子。
179.So, our job, as humans, is to parent our mind children, to find them good friends, to find them a good job.
所以我们人类的工作是 正确的担当好技术的父母 给他们找到好朋友, 以及合适的工作
180.And so, every technology is sort of a creative force looking for the right job.
那么,每一种技术都是创造力 只需要找到合适的角色。
181.That’s actually my son, right here.
这实际上是我的儿子,就在这儿。
182.(Laughter) There are no bad technologies.
(笑声) 没有坏的技术。
183.Just as there are no bad children.
正如没有坏孩子一样。
184.We don’t say children are neutral, or children are positive.
我们不会说孩子是中性的,或者孩子是阳性的。
185.We just have to find them the right place.
我们只是要找到他们的合适位置。
186.And so, what technology gives us, over the long term, over the sort of extended evolution, from the beginning of time, through the invention of the plants and animals,
所以,技术带给我们的, 从长期 以延伸进化演变来看 到植物和动物进化,
187.and the evolution of life, the evolution of brains, What that is constantly giving us, is increasing differences.
生命的进化,大脑的进化, 技术常常带给我们的, 是不断变化的差异。
188.It’s increasing diversity. It’s increasing options.
技术多样性的增加,选择性面广,
189.It’s increasing choices, opportunities, possibilities and freedoms.
不同选择,机会, 可能性和自由的的增加。
190.That’s what we get from technology all the time. That’s why people leave villages and go into cities, is because they are always gravitating towards increased choices and possibilities.
这些就是我们一直得到的技术。 这也是为什么人类离开村庄, 奔向城市,因为人们经常受到 各种选择和可能发生的事情的吸引。
191.And we are aware of the price.
我们也要意识到代价。
192.We pay a price for that, but we are aware of it, and generally we will pay the price for increased freedoms, choices and opportunities.
我们会付出一些代价,我们已经意识到这一点,通常 我们将为此付出更多的自由, 选择和机会的代价。
193.Even technology wants clean water.
尽管技术想要干净的水。
194.Is technology diametrically opposed to nature?
技术和自然是截然相反的 吗?
195.Because technology is an extension of life, it’s in parallel, and aligned with the same things that life wants.
因为技术是生命的延伸, 它是与生命想要的同样事情平行的 并协同一致
196.So that I think technology loves biology, if we allow it too.
所以我认为技术热爱生物生命体, 如果我们也认同这一点。
197.Great movement that is starting billions of years ago, is moving through us, and it continues to go.
数十亿年前开始的伟大技术变化, 正在我们身边运动,并继续发展。
198.And our choice, so to speak, in technology, is really to align ourselves with this force much greater than ourselves.
换句话说,在技术上,我们的选择 是我们人类 随着这种比我们自己强大得多的力量协调一致。
199.So, technology is more than just the stuff in your pocket.
所以,技术不仅仅是在你的口袋里的东西,
200.It’s more than just gadgets. It’s more than just things that people invent.
更多小工具,人们发明的东西,
201.It’s actually part of a very long story, a great story, that began billions of years ago, and it moving through us, this self organization.
而它实际上是一个很长远故事, 一个数十亿年前就开始的伟大故事的一部分, 这种自我组织技术正朝我们走来。
202.And we’re extending and accelerating it.
我们正在扩大并加速技术发展。
203.And we can be part of it by aligning the technology that we make, with it.
而且我们可以协调一致发明技术和应用它 成为它的一部分
204.And I really appreciate your attention today. Thank you.
非常感激你们今天的关注。谢谢
暂无讨论,说说你的看法吧