KiranBirSethi_让小孩学会承担【中英文对照】

1.Contagious is a good word.
传染 是一个好词
2.Even in the times of H1N1, I like the word.
即使在甲流肆虐的今天,我也喜欢这个词
3.Laughter is contagious. Passion is contagious.
笑是会传染的,热情是会传染的
4.Inspiration is contagious.
灵感是会传染的
5.We’ve heard some remarkable stories from some remarkable speakers.
我们都听过一些杰出的演讲者们讲过各自精彩的故事
6.But for me, what was contagious about all of them was that they were infected by something I call the “I Can” bug.
但是在我看来,有种相同的东西在影响他们 就是他们都被“传染”一种,我称之为 “我能行”的病毒
7.So, the question is, why only them?
所以,问题就来了,为什么只有他们能被传染(而获得成功)?
8.In a country of a billion people and some, why so few?
在一个拥有10亿多人口的泱泱大国 为什么只有这么少的人?
9.Is it luck? Is it chance?
真的是运气和机遇么?
10.Can we all not systematically and consciously get infected?
能不能有计划的地,有意识地 被“传染”呢?
11.So, in the next eight minutes I would like to share with you my story.
好,在接下来的8分钟里,我想和你们分享我关于“传染”的故事
12.I got infected when I was 17, when, as a student of the design college I encountered adults, who actually believed in my ideas, challenged me, and had lots of cups of chai with me.
当我只有17岁的时候我就被“传染”了 那时候,作为一个还在设计院校学习的学生 我和大人们交流想法,而他们真的认同了我的想法 不断和我辩论,我们喝茶聊天,探讨的很深入。
13.And I was struck by just how wonderful it felt, and how contagious that feeling was.
我很震撼,这种感觉是那么的奇妙 是那样具有感染力
14.I also realized I should have got infected when I was seven.
我多么希望,我早在7岁的时候就被“传染”了阿
15.So, when I started Riverside school 10 years ago it became a lab, a lab to prototype and refine a design process that could consciously infect the mind with the “I Can” bug.
所以,10年前,当我来到河沿小学的时候,我就开始了教学试验 我在那里创建和完善设计一个流程 一个可以不断传染给人“我能行”意念的流程
16.And I uncovered, that if learning is embedded in real-world context, that if you blur the boundaries between school and life, then children go through a journey of aware,
并且我做到了! 那就是如果能把学习带到现实当中来 如果你模糊课堂教学和生活实践的分界线 那么,孩子们将经历一个自己认知事物的过程
17.where they can see the change, enable, be changed, and then empower, lead the change.
在这个过程中,他们能看到发生改变 改变生效,接受改变 然后受到鼓舞,主导改变
18.And that directly increased student wellbeing.
并且可以直接提升学生的幸福感
19.Children became more competent, and less helpless.
孩子们变得更有竞争力 不再感到无助
20.But this was all common sense.
而这些其实都是常识,几乎人人都知道
21.So, I’d like to show you a little glimpse of what common practice looks like at Riverside.
所以接下来,我要给你们看看我们在河沿小学 是怎么实践这一过程的
22.A little background: when my grade five was learning about child rights, they were made to roll incense sticks, agarbattis, for eight hours
简单介绍一下背景:我们五年级的学生正在学习儿童权益的课程 他们被要求制作 庙里用的香 用琼脂二糖,工作8小时
23.to experience what it  means to be a child laborer.
让他们体验到童工的境遇
24.It transformed them. What you will see is their journey, and then their utter conviction that they could go out and change the world.
画面切给他们,你将看到他们的这次体验 和接下来他们完整而深刻的理解和体会 带着这种经验他们将走出课堂改变世界!
25.(Music) That’s them rolling.
??????? 他们在做香
26.And in two hours, after their backs were broke, they were changed.
两个小时以后,他们后背开始酸痛 他们被改变了
27.And once that happened, they were out in the city convincing everybody that child labor just had to be abolished.
一旦他们感受到了,被改变了 他们就会用切身感受说服城市里的每一个人 童工必须被禁止
28.And look at Ragav, that moment when his face changes because he’s been able to understand that he has shifted that man’s mindset.
注意Ragav,他的表情变化 因为他知道,他 改变了那个大人的想法
29.And that can’t happen in a classroom.
这你在教室里是绝对不会看到的
30.So, when Ragav experienced that he went from “teacher told me,”
所以,当Ragav经历以后,他从 “老师教我的”
****************************************************************
本文来源于[育能软件]   更多更全,请登录NengSoft.com
****************************************************************
31.to “I am doing it.” And that’s the “I Can” mindshift.
变成“我正在做”,这就是“我能行”的思维转变!
32.And it is a process that can be energized and nurtured.
而这是一个可以被激发和培养的过程
33.But we had parents who said, “Okay, making our children good human beings is all very well, but what about math and science and English?
不过也有家长担心 “好吧,我们孩子能造福人类这非常好” “但是数学,自然科学,英语,这些课程耽误了怎么办??”
34.Show us the grades.”
”给我看看成绩“
35.And we did. The data was conclusive.
我们给他看了。 实实在在的数据表明
36.When children are empowered, not only do they do good, they do well, in fact very well, as you can see in this national benchmarking assessment
当孩子们被信任和赋予权力去做一件事 不论他们擅不擅长 他们都能做好,实际上非常非常好 从这张全印度超过2000所学校参加的
37.taken by over 2,000 schools in India, Riverside children were outperforming the top 10 schools in India in math, English and science.
对比评估报告上看 河沿小学的孩子排名全印度前10。 包括在数学,英语和自然科学所有方面。
38.So, it worked. It was now time to take it outside Riverside.
所以,这方法很有效,应该推广出去
39.So, on August 15th, Independence Day, 2007, the children of Riverside set out to infect Ahmedabad.
所以,2007年的8月15号,国庆节那天 孩子们走出校园去“传染”整个Ahmedabad城(印度西部大城市)
40.Now it was not about Riverside school.
现在,这不光光是河沿小学的事
41.It was about all children. So, we were shameless.
这关系到所有的孩子,所以我们“厚着脸皮”,不再羞怯。
42.We walked into the offices of the municipal corporation, the police, the press, businesses.
走进市政厅,走进警察局,走进出版社 走进各个公司,市场
43.and basically said, “When are you going to wake up and recognize the potential that resides in every child.
我们说:“你什么时候才会觉醒,” “而意识到每个孩子幼小的身体里面都蕴藏着巨大潜力?”
44.When will you include the child in the city?
“你什么时候才会把孩子们当作社会的一分子?”
45.Basically, open your hearts and your minds to the child.”
其实很简单,只要你像孩子敞开心扉,和他们交流想法。
46.So, how did the city respond?
你们猜,人们做了怎样的回应?
47.Since 2007 every other month the city closes down the busiest streets for traffic and converts it into a playground for children and childhood.
从2007年开始,每两个月 城市里面最繁忙的街道停止行车 而临时改造为孩子们嬉戏的乐园
48.Here was a city telling its child, “You can.”
这就是这座城市告诉她的孩子们的:"你们能行!"
49.A glimpse of infection in Ahmedabad.
来看一下当时的情况
50.Video: [Unclear] So, the busiest streets closed down.
(印地语) 繁忙的街道不通车了
51.We have the traffic police and municipal corporation helping us.
有交警和市里的官员帮助我们
52.It gets taken over by children.
街道被孩子们接管了~
53.They are skating. They are doing street plays.
他们溜冰,玩街头游戏
54.They are playing, all free, for all children.
嬉戏,完全的免费,完全的属于孩子们
55.(Music) Atul Karwal: Aproch is an organization which has been doing things for kids earlier.
???????? Atul Karwal:Aproch是个此前一直以来服务少年儿童的组织
56.And we plan to extend this to other parts of the city.
我们计划将此推广到城市的其他角落
57.(Music) Kiran Bir Sethi: And the city will give free time.
??????? Kiran Bir Sethi:城市会提供自由的时间
58.And Ahmedabad got the first child-friendly zebra crossing in the world.
Ahmedabad拥有世界上提一条儿童爱心人行横道
59.Geet Sethi: When a city gives to the children in the future the children will give back to the city.
Geet Sethi:现在城市照顾孩子们 他们将来会回报这座城市
60.(Music) KBS: And because of that, Ahmedabad is known as India’s first child-friendly city.
????? KBS:因此 Ahmedabad已被认为是印度首座儿童爱心城市
****************************************************************
本文来源于[育能软件]   更多更全,请登录NengSoft.com
****************************************************************
61.So, you’re getting the pattern. First 200 children at Riverside.
所以,要在树立一个榜样。先是河沿小学的200名儿童
62.Then 30,000 children in Ahmedabad, and growing.
然后是Ahmedabad全城3万多个孩子,继续发展
63.It was time now to infect India.
现在遍及整个印度
64.So, on August 15th, again, Independence Day, 2009, empowered with the same process, we empowered 100,000 children to say, “I can.”
所以在8月15号那天 2009年的国庆 用同样的方法 我们使得10万名儿童说:“我能行”!!
65.How? We designed a simple toolkit, converted it into eight languages, and reached 32,000 schools.
你问怎么实现的?我们做了套简单的工具 翻译成8种语言(印度方言) 发给了3万2千多所学校
66.We basically gave children a very simple challenge.
只给孩子们非常简单的任务
67.We said, take one idea, anything that bothers you, choose one week, and change a billion lives.
我们说,选一个话题, 任何烦绕你的话题 然后找一周 来改变10亿人的生活
68.And they did. Stories of change poured in from all over India, from Nagaland in the east, to Jhunjhunu in the west, from Sikkim in the north, to Krishnagiri in the south.
他们做到了! 于是关于改变的故事 从印度各地如雪片般飞来 东起Nagaland 西至JhunJhunu 北及Sikkim,南通Krishnagiri
69.Children were designing solutions for a diverse range of problems.
孩子们自行设计了各式各样问题的解决方案
70.Right from loneliness to filling potholes in the street, to alcoholism, and 32 children who stopped 16 child marriages in Rajasthan.
从消除孤独感觉,修补路面不平 再到酗酒 并且32个来自Rajasthan的学生 取消了他们的娃娃亲
71.I mean, it was incredible.
我想说,这是多么不可思议啊!!!
72.Basically again reaffirming that when adults believe in children and say, “You can,” then they will.
这不正再次说明了当大人信任孩子 对他们说“你能行”的时候,他们就真行嘛!!
73.Infection in India.
请看短片 “传染”在印度
74.This is in Rajasthan, a rural village.
这是Rajasthan,一个田园小村庄
75.Child: Our parents are illiterate and we want to teach them how to read and write.
(视频里的儿童在讲印地语)大意:我爸妈是文盲,我要教他们如何认字写字
76.KBS: First time, a rally and a street play in a rural school — unheard of — to tell their parents why literacy is important.
第一次,在一所不知名的田园小学中开展接力赛和街头游戏 来告诉父母们文化教育非常重要
77.Look at what their parents says.
看看他们父母说什么
78.Man: This program is wonderful.
(男人在讲印地语)大意:这个活动太棒了。
79.We feel so nice that our children can teach us how to read and write.
我们从孩子那里学会了认字和写字,太棒了!
80.Woman: I am so happy that my students did this campaign.
(女人在讲印地语)大意:我的学生参加了这次活动我十分高兴
81.In the future, I will never doubt my students’ abilities.
以后,我再也不会怀疑他们的能力了。
82.See? They have done it.
看!他们已经做到啦!
83.KBS: An inner city school in Hyderabad.
在Hyderabad市内的一所学校
84.Girl: 581. This house is 581 …
(女孩在讲印地语)大意:581,这是581
85.We have to start collecting from 555.
我们应该从555开始收集(垃圾)……
86.KBS: Girls and boys in Hyderabad, going out, pretty difficult, but they did it.
Hyderabad的男孩女孩,走出去 相当困难,但是他们做到了!
87.Woman: Even though they are so young, they have done such good work.
(女人在讲印地语)大意:他们虽然年轻,却做得很好!
88.First they have cleaned the society, then it will be Hyderabad, and soon India.
他们先是打扫了我们的社区,接下来是Hyderabad城,然后是整个印度。
89.Woman: It was a revelation for me. It doesn’t strike me that they had so much inside them.
(女人说)这对我是个启示。看到 他们蕴藏这么大能量我并不惊奇。
90.Girl: Thank you ladies and gentlemen.
(女孩说)谢谢,女士们,先生们
91.For our auction we have some wonderful paintings for you, for a very good cause, the money you give us will be used to buy hearing aids.
我们有很多精彩画作要在今天拍出 出于非常正当的目的 拍卖所得将用于购买助听器
92.Are you ready ladies and gentlemen? Audience: Yes!
你们准备好了么?(观众):好啦!
93.Girl: Are you ready? Audience: Yes!
(女孩说)准备好了么?(观众)好啦!
94.Girl: Are you ready? Audience: Yes!
(女孩说)准备好了么?(观众)好啦!
95.KBS: So, the charter of compassion starts right here.
好,一种怜爱之情油然而生
96.Street plays, auctions, petitions.
街头游戏,拍卖活动,请愿活动
97.I mean, they were changing lives.
我想说,他们正在改变生活。
98.It was incredible.
不可思议啊
99.So, how can we still stay immune?
那我们怎么还能无动于衷,还能免疫呢?
100.How can we stay immune to that passion, that energy, that excitement?
怎能免疫于那样的热情,能量,那样的激动?
101.I know it’s obvious, but I have to end with the most powerful symbol of change, Gandhiji.
我知道,很明显 但是我必须以一个最最有力的改变的代表来结束,他就是圣雄Gandhiji(甘地)
102.70 years ago, it took one man to infect an entire nation with the power of “We can.”
70年前,一个人 在整个国家传染着 一种叫做“我能行”的力量
103.So, today who is it going to take to spread the infection from 100,000 children to the 200 million children in India?
那今天,谁来接过这一重担 去把10万儿童的热情传染 给印度的2000万儿童?
104.Last I heard, the preamble still said, “We, the people of India,” right?
上次演讲,我听到前排观众竟然还说 “我们,印度人民,对吗?“
105.So, if not us, then who?
那……除了我们还能有谁?
106.If not now, then when?
不趁现在,更待何时?
107.Like I said, contagious is a good word.
我说过,传染是个好词
108.Thank you.
谢谢你们!

ted演讲稿中英文对照

KevinKelly_讲技术发展故事【中英文对照】

2024-4-14 14:50:58

ted演讲稿中英文对照

KwabenaBoahen_像人脑那样工作的电脑【中英文对照】

2024-4-14 14:51:53

0 条回复 A文章作者 M管理员
    暂无讨论,说说你的看法吧
个人中心
购物车
优惠劵
今日签到
有新私信 私信列表
搜索