ArthurBenjamin_表演 ‘数学魔术’【中英文对照】

1.Well, good morning ladies and gentlemen.
早上好,先生们女士们。
2.My name is Art Benjamin, and I am a “mathemagician.”
我叫阿瑟 本杰明,我是一名‘数学魔术师。’
3.What that means is, I combine my loves of math and magic to do something I call “mathemagics.”
也就是说我把我所热爱的数学跟魔术结合起来,给它取名叫‘数学魔术。’ 给它取名叫‘数学魔术。’
4.But before I get started, I have a quick question for the audience.
在表演开始前我有个问题想问下观众们。
5.By any chance, did anyone happen to bring with them this morning a calculator?
有没有人今天早上恰巧 有带计算器过来的?
6.Seriously, if you have a calculator with you, raise your hand, raise your hand.
说真的,如果你有带计算器的话,举起你的手,举起你的手。
7.I — was — your hand go up?
我 — 是 — 你举的手吗?
8.Now bring it out, bring it out. Anybody else?
拿出来,把它拿出来。还有谁带了?
9.I see, I see one way in the back.
我看到,我看到后面有一个。
10.You sir, that’s three, And anybody on this side here?
是你,先生,共有三个了。 这边的有谁带了?
11.OK, you over there on the aisle. Would the four of you with calculators please bring out your calculators, then join me up on stage.
好的,在过道旁边的那位。 请你们4位带着计算器到台上来。
12.And let’s give these volunteers a nice round of applause.
让我们给这些自愿者予热烈的掌声。
13.(Applause) That’s right. Now, since I haven’t had the chance to work with these calculators, I need to make sure that they are all working properly.
(掌声) 很好。因为我还… 没用过这些计算器,所以现在我要确认下 这些计算器是否能正常运算。
14.Would somebody get us started by giving us a two-digit number please?
有谁能给出一个… 2位数的数字作为开始?
15.How about a two-digit number?
给个2位数的数字?
16.Audience: 22.
观众:22
17.Arthur Benjamin: 22. And another two-digit number, Sir?
阿瑟 本杰明:22。 再来一个,先生?
18.Audience: 47.
观众:47。
19.AB: Multiply 22 times 47, make sure you get 1,034, or the calculators are not working. Do all of you get 1,034? 1,034?
阿瑟:把22 乘以47,确认下计算器是否得到1034, 否则它工作不正常。你们都算出1034了吗? 1034?
20.Woman: No.
女士:不是
21.AB: 594. Let’s give three of them a nice round of applause there.
阿瑟: 是594。 让我们给那边的3位予热烈的掌声。
22.(Applause) Would you like to try a more standard calculator, just in case?
(掌声) 你要换个标准的计算器吗,以防万一?
23.OK, great.
好的,很好
24.What I’m going to try and do then — I notice that took some of you a little bit of time to get your answer.
接下来我要做的 — 我想你们中有人会花点时间才能得到答案。
25.That’s OK. I’ll give you a shortcut for multiplying even faster on the calculator.
没有关系。我会帮你们算出乘法 快过计算器。
26.There is something called the square of a number, which most of you know is taking a number and multiplying it by itself.
有种乘法是平方一个数。 也就是众所周知的把一个数 乘以它本身。
27.For instance, five squared would be?
举个例子,5的平方会等于?
28.Audience: 25.
观众:25。
29.AB: 25. Now, the way we can square on most calculators — let me demonstrate with this one — is by taking the number, such as five,
阿瑟: 25。 现在,我们计算平方的方式在大多计算器上 — 还是让我来演示下这个 — 选个数字,比如说5.
30.hitting “times” and then “equals,”
点击 ‘乘号’然后 ‘等号。’
31.and on most calculators that will give you the square.
然后大多数计算器会算出平方。
32.On some of these ancient RPN calculators, you’ve got an “x squared” button on it, will allow you to do the calculation even faster.
在一些老式的RPN 计算器上, 会有一个‘X 平方’的按键。 用这个快捷键会算得更快。
33.What I’m going to try and do now is to square, in my head, four two-digit numbers faster than they can do on their calculators, even using the shortcut method.
现在我要尝试的是在我的脑子里算平方, 4个2位数的数字 快过他们用计算器,即便是用快捷键。
34.What I’ll use is the second row this time, and I’ll get four of you — one, two, three, four — to each yell out a two-digit number,
这次我选第二排的4个观众 — 1个,2个,3个,4个 — 每人喊出一个2位数的数字,
35.and if you would square the first number, and if you would square the second, the third and the fourth, I will try and race you to the answer. OK?
然后你来平方第一个数字, 你来平方第二个,以此类推,第三个和第四个。 我们来比看谁算得快,好吗?
36.So quickly — a two-digit number please.
那么赶快 — 请给出一个2位数的数字。
37.Audience: 37.
观众:37。
38.AB: 37 squared, OK.
阿瑟:37的平方,好的。
39.Audience: 23.
观众:23。
40.AB: 23 squared, OK.
阿瑟:23的平方,好的。
41.Audience: 59.
观众:59。
42.AB: 59 squared, OK, and finally?
阿瑟:59的平方,好的,最后一个?
43.Audience: 93.
观众:93。
44.AB: 93 squared. Would you call out your answers, please?
阿瑟:93的平方。你们可以大声说出答案了吗?
45.Woman: 1369. AB: 1369.
女士: 1369。 阿瑟: 1369。
46.Woman: 529.
女士: 529。
47.AB: 529.
阿瑟:529。
48.Man: 3481.
男士:3481。
49.AB: 3481.
阿瑟:3481。
50.Man: 8649.
男士:8649。
51.AB: Thank you very much.
阿瑟:非常感谢。
52.(Applause) Let me try to take this one step further.
(掌声) 我再来试下更有难度的。
53.I’m going to try to square some three-digit numbers this time.
我接下来要计算一些3位数数字的平方。
54.I won’t even write these down — I’ll just call them out as they’re called out to me.
我甚至不把它们写下来 — 而是在他们喊出数字后直接喊出答案。
55.Anyone I point to, call out a three-digit number.
被我指到的人,请喊出一个3位数的数字。
56.Anyone on our panel, verify the answer.
在台上的各位,帮忙确认下答案。
57.Just give some indication if it’s right.
如果正确的话给下提示。
58.A three-digit number, sir, yes?
给一个3位数,这位先生,好吗?
59.Audience: 987.
观众:987。
60.AB: 987 squared is 974,169.
阿瑟:987 的平方等于974169。
61.(Laughter) Yes? Good.
(笑声) 对吧?好的。
62.Another, another three-digit — (Applause) — another three-digit number, sir?
再来,再来个3位数 — (掌声) — 再来个3位数数字,这位先生?
63.Audience: 457.
观众:457。
64.AB: 457 squared is 205,849.
阿瑟:457的平方等于205849。
65.205,849?
205849?
66.Yes?
对吗?
67.OK, another, another three-digit number, sir?
好的,再来,再来个3位数数字,这位先生?
68.Audience: 321.
观众:321。
69.AB: 321 is 103,041. 103,041.
阿瑟:321 等于103041。 103041。
70.Yes? One more three-digit number please.
对吗?请再喊出一个3位数数字。
71.Audience: Oh, 722.
观众:哦,722。
72.AB: 722 is 500 — ooh, that’s a harder one.
阿瑟:722等于500 — 哦,这个有点难。
73.Is that 513,284?
是等于513284吗?
74.Woman: Yes.
女士:没错。
75.AB: Yes? Oh, one more, one more three-digit number please.
阿瑟:没错吗?哦,再来个,请再来个3位数数字。
76.Audience: 162.
观众:162。
77.162 squared is 26,244.
162的平方等于26244。
78.Thank you very much.
非常感谢。
79.(Applause) Let me try to take this one step further.
(掌声) 我再来试下更有难度的。
80.(Laughter) I’m going to try to square a four-digit number this time.
(笑声) 我这次要计算个4位数的平方。
81.Now you can all take your time on this; I will not beat you to the answer on this one, but I will try to get the answer right.
这次你们可以慢慢来;这次我不会抢在你们前面回答, 但我会尽力给出正确的答案。
82.To make this a little bit more random, let’s take the fourth row this time, let’s say, one, two, three, four.
为了看起来更随机点,这次让我们选第四排的, 那我们开始吧,1个,2个,3个,4个。
83.If each of you would call out a single digit between zero and nine, that will be the four-digit number that I’ll square.
你们每个人大声说出一个数字从0到9, 那样我就有个4位数可以计算。
84.Audience: Nine.
观众:9。
85.AB: Nine.
阿瑟:9。
86.Audience: Seven. AB: Seven.
观众:7。 阿瑟: 7。
87.Audience: Five. AB: Five.
观众:5。阿瑟:5。
88.Audience: Eight. AB: Eight.
观众:8。阿瑟:8。
89.9,758, this will take me a little bit of time, so bear with me.
9758, 这个要花点时间,所以请大家耐心。
90.95,218,564?
是95218564吗?
91.Woman: Yes.
女士:是的。
92.AB: Thank you very much.
阿瑟: 非常感谢。
93.(Applause) Now, I would attempt to square a five-digit number — and I can — but unfortunately most calculators cannot.
(掌声) 现在,我很想试着平方一个5位数 — 我可以 — 但可惜大多数计算器不能。
94.(Laughter) Eight-digit capacity — don’t you hate that?
(笑声) 最多只能8位 — 你们不讨厌吗?
95.So, since we’ve reached the limits of our calculators — what’s that? Does yours go — Woman: I don’t know.
好吧,既然我们已经超越计算器的计算能力  — 什么?你的可以 — 女士:我不知道。
96.AB: Does yours go higher?
阿瑟:你的可以算吗?
97.Oh — yours does?
哦 — 是你的可以吗?
98.Man: I can probably do it.
男士:好像可以。
99.AB: I’ll talk to you later.
阿瑟:我等会儿再找你。
100.In the meanwhile, let me conclude the first part of my show by doing something a little trickier.
与此同时,让我来用些更巧妙的把戏来小结 我的第一部分表演。
101.Let’s take the largest number on the board here, 8649.
让我们用这块板上最大的一个数字,8649。
102.Would you each enter that on your calculator?
你们每个人可否在计算器上输入这个数?
103.And instead of squaring it this time, I want you to take that number and multiply it by any three-digit number that you want, but don’t tell me what you’re multiplying by —
这次不要平方, 我要你们用那个数乘以 任何3位数, 但不要告诉我你所乘的数 —
104.just multiply it by any random three-digit number.
只要乘以任何一个3位数。
105.So you should have as an answer either a six-digit or probably a seven-digit number.
那么你得到的答案可能会是 一个六位数或者七位数。
106.How many digits do you have, six or seven?
你的是几位,6还是7?
107.Seven, and yours? Woman: Seven.
7,你的呢?女士:7。
108.AB: Seven? Seven?
阿瑟:7?7吗?
109.And, uncertain.
不确定。
110.Man: Yeah.
男士:是的。
111.AB: Seven. Is there any possible way that I could know what seven digit numbers you have? Say “No.”
阿瑟: 7。 有没有办法会让我知道 你所得到的7位数?应该不可能。
112.(Laughter) Good. Then I shall attempt the impossible — or at least the improbable.
(笑声) 很好。那我应该来挑战下这个不可能 — 至少看上去是不太可能的事。
113.What I’d like each of you to do is to call out for me any six of your seven digits, any six of them, in any order you’d like.
接下来我想让你们告诉我 7位数里面的任意6位数字。 任意顺序都可以。
114.(Laughter) One digit at a time, I shall try and determine the digit you’ve left out.
(笑声) 每次一位数,我会试着算出剩下的数。
115.So, starting with your seven-digit number, call out any six of them please.
那么,从你开始吧。 请喊出任意6位数字。
116.Woman: One, OK, 197042.
女士:1,哦,197042。
117.AB: Did you leave out the number 6?
阿瑟:你是不是漏说了6?
118.Woman: Yes, AB: Good, OK, that’s one.
女士:是的,阿瑟:很好,好的,没错。
119.You have a seven-digit number, call out any six of them please.
你的是7位数,请大声说出其中任意的六个数。
120.Woman: 44875.
女士:44875。
121.AB: I think I only heard five numbers. I — wait — 44875 — did you leave out the number 6?
阿瑟: 我好像只听到5个数字。我 — 等下 — 44875 — 你是不是漏说了数字6?
122.Woman: Yes.  AB: Same as she did, OK. You’ve got a seven-digit number — call out any six of them loud and clear.
女士:是的。 阿瑟:跟她的一样,好的。你得到的是一个7位数 — 大声清晰地说出其中的任意6个数字。
123.Man: 079044.
男:079044.
124.AB: I think you left out the number 3?
阿瑟:我想你漏说了数字3?
125.That’s three. The odds of me getting all four of these right by random guessing would be one in 10,000: 10 to the fourth power.
就是3. 要是我随便猜到话,那么我猜中其中4位数字的概率 将会是万分之一。10的负四次方。
126.OK, any six of them.
好了,任意6位数字。
127.Really scramble them up this time, please.
这次请把它们搅乱一下。
128.Man: 263972.
男:263972。
129.AB: Did you leave out the number 7?
阿瑟:你是不是漏说了数字7?
130.And let’s give all four of these people a nice round of applause.
现在让我们给这四位观众予热烈的掌声。
131.Thank you very much.
非常感谢。
132.For my next number — (Laughter) while I mentally recharge my batteries, I have one more question for the audience.
我的下一个数 — (笑声) 在给我脑袋充电期间 我有个问题要问下观众们。
133.By any chance, does anybody here happen to know the day of the week that they were born on?
有可能的话,在场的有谁刚好知道 你生日的那天是星期几?
134.If you think you know your birth day, raise your hand.
如果你觉得知道的话,举下手。
135.Let’s see, starting with — let’s start with a gentleman first, OK sir, what year was it, first of all? That’s why I start with a gentleman first.
让我们看看,从 — 从男士开始, 好的先生,先说下是哪一年?这就是为什么我要先从男士开始。
136.What year?
哪年?
137.Audience: 1953.
观众:1953。
138.AB: 1953, and the month?
阿瑟: 1953,哪个月?
139.Audience: November. AB: November what?
观众:11月。阿瑟:11月几号?
140.Audience: 23rd.
观众:23号。
141.AB: 23rd — was that a Monday? Audience: Yes.
阿瑟: 23号 — 是不是星期一?观众:是的。
142.Yes, good. somebody else? Who else would like — see I don’t — haven’t seen any women’s hands up.
没错,很好。还有人吗?还有谁想要 — 呃,还没,我还没看到有女士举手。
143.OK, it’s — how about you, what year?
啊,很好,你呢,哪年?
144.Audience: 1949. AB: 1949, and the month?
观众:1949. 阿瑟: 1949, 哪月?

ted演讲稿中英文对照

AnthonyAtala_新器官的培育【中英文对照】

2024-3-14 19:17:23

ted演讲稿中英文对照

ArthurGanson_制作运动的雕塑【中英文对照】

2024-3-14 19:19:35

0 条回复 A文章作者 M管理员
    暂无讨论,说说你的看法吧
个人中心
购物车
优惠劵
今日签到
有新私信 私信列表
搜索