DanielKraft_发明了更好采集骨髓的仪器【中英文对照】

1.So I am a pediatric cancer doctor and stem-cell researcher at Stanford University where my clinical focus has been bone marrow transplantation.
我是一名癌症儿科医生 也是斯坦福大学的干细胞研究者。 我临床研究的重点一直是骨髓移植。
2.Now, inspired by Jill Bolte Taylor last year, I didn’t bring a human brain, but I did bring a liter of bone marrow.
去年吉尔·伯特· 泰勒的演示启发了我, 今天我没有带来人类的大脑, 却带来了一升骨髓。
3.And bone marrow is actually what we use to save the lives of tens of thousands of patients, most of whom have advanced malignancies like leukemia and lymphoma
事实上,它用来 挽救成千上万人的生命。 他们中大多数人患有白血病和淋巴瘤等晚期恶性肿瘤
4.and some other diseases.
或者其他的疾病。
5.So, a few years ago, I’m doing my transplant fellowship at Stanford.
几年前,我在斯坦福大学作骨髓移植研究员。
6.I’m in the operating room. We have Bob here, who is a volunteer donor.
在手术室,我给鲍勃做手术。 他是一名骨髓捐赠志愿者。
7.We’re sending his marrow across the country to save the life of a child with leukemia.
为了挽救一个白血病儿童,我们要横穿美国派送 他的骨髓。
8.So actually how do we harvest this bone marrow?
那么,目前我们怎样采集骨髓呢?
9.Well we have a whole O.R. team, general anesthesia, nurses, and another doctor across from me.
噢,我们有专业的手术室团队,全身麻醉,护士 和我一起操刀的另一名医生。
10.Bob’s on the table, and we take this sort of small needle, you know, not too big.
鲍勃在手术台上,我们用这种小针头, 你知道的,不是特别大的。
11.And the way we do this is we basically place this through the soft tissue, and kind of punch it into the hard bone, into the tuchus — that’s a technical term —
我们通常要做的是, 把这个针头穿过软体组织, 在硬骨穿个孔, 到臀部里面–这是个医学术语(tuchus臀部)–
12.and aspirate about 10 mls of bone marrow out, each time, with a syringe.
用针管抽取大约10毫升骨髓出来, 每次一个针管。
13.And hand it off to the nurse. She squirts it into a tin.
我递给护士针管,她收集骨髓到一个錫袋。
14.Hands it back to me. And we do that again and again.
然后再递给我针管。我们如此重复
15.About 200 times usually.
通常要200次左右。
16.And by the end of this my arm is sore, I’ve got a callus on my hand.
手术结束后我胳膊酸痛,手上都长了老茧。
17.Let alone Bob, Whose rear end looks something more like this, like swiss cheese.
更不用说鲍勃, 他的屁股看上去更像是这个, 瑞士奶酪的样子。
18.So I’m thinking, you know, this procedure hasn’t changed in about 40 years.
你知道的,这个方法已经40年都没有改变了。
19.And there is probably a better way to do this.
可能有更好的方法去采集。
20.So I thought of a minimally invasive approach.
我就想到一个微创的办法。
21.And a new device that we call the Marrow Miner.
这个新发明就是骨髓采集器。
22.This is it.
这就是它。
23.And the Marrow Miner, the way it works is shown here.
它的工作原理如下。
24.Our standard see-through patient.
我们通常的患者一看就知。
25.Instead of entering the bone dozens of times, we enter just once, into the front of the hip or the back of the hip.
不用多次穿刺, 采集器只需一次,就进入到的屁股前面和后面。
26.And we have a flexible, powered catheter with a special wire loop tip that stays inside the crunchy part of the marrow and follows the contours of the hip, as it moves around.
这种可弯曲的,有动力的中空管子 并带有特殊金属环状顶端,它能够进入骨髓海绵状的部分, 并沿着臀部的轮廓而移动采集。
27.So it enables you to very rapidly aspirate, or suck out, rich bone marrow very quickly through one hole.
所以,你通过一个穿孔就可以非常快地采集, 和吸取大量的骨髓。
28.We can do multiple passes through that same entry.
你可以多次同样的操作只是不一样的路线。
29.No robots required.
不需要机械操作。
30.And, so, very quickly, Bob can just get one puncture, local anesthesia, and do this harvest as an outpatient.
这样,非常快,鲍勃只需一个穿刺,局部麻醉, 不需入院,就可得到他的骨髓。
31.So I did a few prototypes. I got a small little grant at Stanford.
我得到斯坦福很小的资金资助 然后做了一些模型。
32.And played around with this a little bit.
渐渐的展示这个发明。
33.And our team members developed this technology.
我们团队开发了这一技术。
34.And eventually we got two large animals, and pig studies.
后来,我们临床试验两个大型动物,和猪的应用研究。
35.And we found, to our surprise, that we not only got bone marrow out, but we got 10 times the stem cell activity in the marrow from the Marrow Miner, compared to the normal device.
我们惊讶地发现,比起普通仪器来,借助骨髓采集器,我们不仅采集了骨髓, 还得到了10倍多的活体 干细胞。
36.This device was just FDA approved in the last year.
去年美国食品和药品管理局刚刚批准了这个发明。
37.Here is a live patient. You can see it following the flexible curves around.
你可以看这个幸存病人的例子,采集器沿着弯曲的路线转动。
38.There will be be two passes here, in the same patient, from the same hole.
它是从同一个穿孔,同一个病人,两条纹路采集。
39.This was done under local anesthesia, as an outpatient.
这样病人只需局部麻醉,不用入院。
40.And we got, again, about three to six times more stem cells than the standard approach done on the same patient.
比起普通方法,我们又一次从同一个病人身上采集了3至6倍左右多的 干细胞。
41.So why should you care? Bone marrow is a very rich source of adult stem cells.
那么,你为什么要在乎呢?因为骨髓是干细胞非常丰富的来源。
42.You all know about embryonic stem cells.
你们都知道胚胎干细胞。
43.They’ve got great potential but haven’t yet entered clinical trials.
他们有很大的潜力,但是还没有进入临床试验阶段。
44.Adult stem cells are throughout our body, including the blood-forming stem cells in our bone marrow.
成人干细胞却遍布全身, 包括骨髓里的造血干细胞。
45.Which we’ve been using as a form of stem-cell therapy for over 40 years.
它一直是用来干细胞治疗的方法 有40多年了。
46.In the last decade there’s been an explosion of use of bone marrow stem cells to treat the patient’s other diseases such as heart disease, vascular disease,
在过去的十年,大量激增用 骨髓干细胞去治疗患者的其他疾病 例如心脏病,血管疾病,
47.orthopedics, tissue engineering, even in neurology to treat Parkinson’s, and diabetes.
整形外科,细胞组织工程, 甚至在神经病学治疗帕金森综合症 和糖尿病。
48.We’ve just come out, we’re commercializing, this year, generation 2.0 of the Marrow Miner.
今年我们刚推出并投放市场的 第2.0代骨髓采集器。
49.The hope is is that this gets more stem cells out.
希望是,这项发明采集更多的干细胞。
50.Which translates to better outcomes.
它得到更好的应用。
51.It may encourage more people to sign up to be potential live saving bone marrow donors.
鼓励更多的人去申请 当骨髓捐赠者,能派上用场挽救生命。
52.It may even enable you to bank your own marrow stem cells, when you’re younger and healthier, to use in the future, should you need it.
当你年轻和健康时,你也可以储存 你自己的骨髓干细胞, 一旦你需要,可以随时使用。
53.And ultimately — and here’s a picture of our bone marrow transplant survivors, who come together for a reunion each year at Stanford.
最后,请看我们 骨髓移植康复者的照片。 每年在斯坦福大学我们一起聚会。
54.Hopefully this technology will let us have more of these survivors in the future.
希望未来这项技术 可以拯救更多的病人。
55.Thanks.
谢谢。

ted演讲稿中英文对照

DanDennett_可爱,性感,甜,搞笑【中英文对照】

2024-3-17 19:10:06

ted演讲稿中英文对照

DanielLibeskind_建筑的十七种奇想【中英文对照】

2024-3-17 19:11:48

0 条回复 A文章作者 M管理员
    暂无讨论,说说你的看法吧
个人中心
购物车
优惠劵
今日签到
有新私信 私信列表
搜索