RickSmolan_有这样一个女孩【中英文对照】

1.Some of you have heard the story before, but in fact there’s somebody in the audience who’s never heard this story — in front of an audience — before,
你们中有些人已经听说过这个故事, 不过在座的有些听众也确实 未曾听过。以前从未现场面对着观众讲这个故事,
2.so I’m a little more nervous than I normally am telling this story.
所以比起平常我多少有点紧张。
3.I used to be a photographer for many years.
我曾是个摄影师很多年
4.In 1978 I was working for Time Magazine, and I was given a three-day assignment to photograph Amerasian children — children who had been fathered by American G.I.s
1978年那会儿,我正为《时代》周刊工作 当时我被分配到一个为时三天的任务– 拍摄美亚混血儿 这些孩子的父亲是美国兵
5.all over Southeast Asia, and then abandoned.
战争结束后就被抛弃,东南亚到处都是,
6.40,000 children all over Asia.
整个亚洲大约有40000个这样的孩子。
7.I had never heard the word Amerasian before.
当时我从未听说过美亚儿这样的说法,
8.I spent a few days photographing children in different countries, and like a lot of photographers and a lot of journalists, I always hope that when my pictures were published
于是我花了几天的时间在不同的国家拍了些这样孩子的照片。 和许多摄影师记者一样, 我总是期盼当自己的摄影作品被发表时,
9.they might actually have an effect on a situation instead of just documenting it.
可以确实对社会现状多少带来影响, 而不仅仅只是记录而已。
10.So I was so disturbed by what I saw, and I was so unhappy with the article that ran afterwards, that I decided I would take six months off.
在那几天的拍摄过程中,我被所见所闻深深触动, 而一些相关的报道令我很不满意。 于是我决定休假六个月,
11.I was 28 years old.
当时我28岁,
12.I decided I would find six children in different countries, and actually go spend some time with the kids and try to tell their story a little bit better
我决定要找到不同国家的6个小孩作为摄影题材, 并且真正花时间和这些孩子相处, 希望能比先前为《时代》写的报道
13.than I thought I had done for Time Magazine.
更好的讲述这些孩子的故事。
14.In the course of doing the story I was looking for children who hadn’t been photographed before, and the Pearl Buck Foundation told me
做这个摄影题材的时候, 我一直在寻找一些从未被拍摄过的孩子。 这时候赛珍珠基金会告诉我
15.that they worked with a lot of Americans who were donating money to help some of these kids.
参与他们组织的不少美国人 都在捐款帮助这些孩子。
16.And a man told me, who ran the Pearl Buck Foundation in Korea, that there was a young girl who was 11 years old, being raised by her grandmother.
有一位赛珍珠基金会韩国分会的负责人告诉我, 有这么一个11岁的小女孩,由她的祖母抚养,
17.And the grandmother had never let any Westerners ever see her.
可是她祖母从不让任何西方人见她
18.Every time any Westerners came to the village, she hid the girl.
每每有西方人来到村子,她就把外孙女藏起来。
19.And of course I was immediately intrigued.
这立刻勾起我强烈的好奇,
20.I saw photographs of her, and I thought I wanted to go.
我看过小女孩的照片后,马上决定去拍摄她。
21.And the guy just told me, “There’s no way. This grandmother won’t even — you know, there’s no way she’s ever going to let you meet this girl that’s she’s raising.”
负责人觉得,根本不可能,那位祖母甚至都不会让你–你知道, 她甚至都不会让你见到这个她一手养大的外孙女。
22.I took a translator with me, and went to this village found the grandmother, sat down with her.
无论如何,我还是带上一个翻译,向着村庄出发了。 随后找到了那位祖母,坐下与她商谈。
23.And to my astonishment, she agreed to let me photograph her granddaughter.
出乎意料的是,她竟然同意了, 愿意让我拍摄她的外孙女。
24.And I was paying for this myself, so I asked the translator if it would be OK if I stayed for the week.
因为这次拍摄我全程自掏腰包,所以我让翻译替我询问 是否可以让我整个礼拜都呆在这里。
25.I had a sleeping bag.
因为我自己带了个睡袋,
26.The family had a small shed on the side of the house, so I said, “Could I sleep in my sleeping bag in the evenings?”
小女孩家正巧有个避雨棚, 于是我征询她们晚上我可不可以就用睡袋睡在那里。
27.And I just told the little girl, whose name was Hyun Sook Lee, that if I ever did anything to embarrass her — she didn’t speak a word of English, although she looked very American —
得到同意后,我告诉小女孩(她的名字叫李贤淑) 如果我拍照的时候让她别扭不自在了– (尽管她长相很欧美,可事实上她一句英文都不会)
28.she could just put up her hand and say, “Stop.”
–她只需要举起手说,”停!”
29.And I would stop taking pictures.
我就会马上停止任何拍摄。
30.And then my translator left.
随后我便让翻译离开了。
****************************************************************
本文来源于[育能软件]   更多更全,请登录NengSoft.com
****************************************************************
31.So there I was, I couldn’t speak a word of Korean, and this is the first night I met Hyun Sook.
就这样我留在了那儿,半句韩文都不会。 这张照片是第一天见到贤淑那天晚上拍的,
32.Her mother was still alive.
她母亲虽然在世,
33.Her mother was not raising her, her grandmother was raising her.
可却把她留给祖母抚养。
34.And what struck me immediately was how in love the two of these people were.
瞬间深深触动我的 便是祖孙俩那样依恋着彼此。
35.The grandmother was incredibly fond, deeply in love with this little girl.
祖母对孙女深厚的爱溢于言表。
36.They slept on the floor at night.
这是她们晚上依偎着睡在地板上。
37.The way they heat their homes in Korea is to put bricks under the floors, so the heat actually radiates from underneath the floor.
她们韩国人给屋子取暖的方式,就是塞烧热的砖块到地板下面, 这样散发的热度可以渐渐传到地板上来。
38.Hyun Sook was 11 years old.
贤淑当时11岁
39.I had photographed, as I said, a lot of these kids.
正如我所说,我已经拍摄过许多这样的孩子,
40.Hyun Sook was in fact the fifth child that I found to photograph.
贤淑实际上是第五个。
41.And almost universally, amongst all the kids, they were really psychologically damaged by having been made fun of, ridiculed, picked on and been rejected.
几乎很普遍的,这些孩子 在心灵上受到的创伤也是不可估量的 被嘲笑,被捉弄,被排挤…
42.And Korea was probably the place I found to be the worst for these kids.
而且韩国似乎是我所见过 这种现象最严重的地方。
43.And what struck me immediately in meeting Hyun Sook was how confident she appeared to be, how happy she seemed to be in her own skin.
可是让我惊叹是,在见到贤淑后, 她所表现出的那种自信坚强, 对于自己明显不同于别人的长相,贤淑显得那样的自在。
44.And remember this picture, because I’m going to show you another picture later, but you can see how much she looks like her grandmother,
请仔细看这张照片, 因为待会儿我会给你们比较另外一张的。 你们看她长得多像她外婆啊,
45.although she looks so Western.
虽然她显然有西方血统。
46.I decided to follow her to school.
我决定跟她到学校去继续拍摄,
47.This is the first morning I stayed with her.
这是我和她一起呆着的第一个清晨。
48.This is on the way to school.
这张是去学校的路上。
49.This is the morning assembly outside her school.
这张是她参加学校晨会。
50.And I noticed that she was clowning around.
我很快注意到她是个小捣蛋,大家的开心果。
51.When the teachers would ask questions, she’d be the first person to raise her hand.
可是当老师提问时, 她又是第一个举手发言的,
52.Again, not at all shy or withdrawn, or anything like the other children that I’d photographed.
毫无害羞畏怯之色, 和我曾拍过的其他这样的孩子完全不同。
53.Again, the first one to go to the blackboard to answer questions.
瞧,她又是第一个上黑板答题的。
54.Getting in trouble for whispering into her best friends’ ears in the middle of class.
和好友咬耳朵时被老师拎起来 当着全班罚站。
55.And one of the other things that I said to her through the translator — again, this thing about saying “Stop” — was to not pay attention to me.
另一件事我嘱咐翻译让她记住的 除了可以随时喊停,就是最好完全忽略我的存在。
56.And so she really just completely ignored me most of the time.
所以大多数时间她真的可以完全忽视我。
57.I noticed that at recess, she was the girl who picked the other girls to be on her team.
我注意到,课间休息的时候,她是那个 有权决定谁该和她同队的人。
58.It was very obvious, from the very beginning, that she was a leader.
很显然,从很小的时候,她就是个领袖。
59.This is on the way home.
这张是在回家的路上。
60.And that’s North Korea up along the hill.
山那边是北朝鲜。
****************************************************************
本文来源于[育能软件]   更多更全,请登录NengSoft.com
****************************************************************
61.This is up along the DMZ.
这边上去是非军事区。
62.They would actually cover the windows every night so that light couldn’t be seen, because the South Korean Government has said for years
住在这儿的人每天晚上会把窗户遮起来,不让外面看到家里的灯光 因为南韩政府常年一直宣传
63.that the North Koreans may invade at any time.
说北朝鲜随时都可能入侵。
64.So there’s always this — the closer you were to North Korea, the more terrifying it was.
所以一直是这样,住的越接近北朝鲜就越让人害怕。
65.Very often at school, I’d be taking pictures, and she would whisper into her girlfriend’s ears, and then look at me and say, “Stop.”
在学校的时候,我常常明明拍的好好的, 贤淑会和朋友先耳语一阵, 然后就看着我说,”停!”
66.And I would stand at attention and all the girls would crack up, and it was sort of a little joke.
我会立刻停住露出疑问,然后一群女孩子全笑成一团, 原来是她耍我呢
67.(Laughter) The end of the week came and my translator came back, because I’d asked her to come back, so I could formally thank the grandmother and Hyun Sook.
(笑声) 一星期结束的时候翻译又来了, 我让翻译再过来是因为 我想正式向祖母和贤淑道谢。
68.And in the course of the grandmother talking to the translator, the grandmother started crying.
在那位祖母和翻译交谈的当儿, 祖母忽然抽噎起来。
69.And I said to my translator, “What’s going on, why is she crying?”
我连忙问翻译,到底怎么了,发生了什么事?
70.And she spoke to the grandmother for a moment, and then she started getting tears in her eyes.
她又去和祖母说了几句话, 不过一会儿她也难过地噙着泪,
71.And I said, “OK, what did I do, what’s going on, why is everyone crying?”
我很着急,问是不是我做了什么,到底发生了什么事? 为什么大家都哭了呢?
72.And the translator said, “The grandmother says that she thinks she’s dying, and she wants to know if you would take Hyun Sook to America with you.”
这时候翻译告诉我,那位祖母说 她觉得自己快死了 她想问你愿不愿意带贤淑一起回美国去。
73.And I said, “I’m 28 years old, and I live in hotels, and I’m not married.”
我也觉得很突然,我说我28岁,没有房子住的是旅馆 而且我还没有结婚。
74.I mean I had fallen in love with this girl, but I — you know, it was like emotionally I was about 12 years old.
我是很爱这个小女孩, 但是,你知道,情感上我自己是个12岁的孩子。
75.If you know of photographers, the joke is it’s the finest form of delayed adolescence ever invented — “Sorry, I have to go on an assignment, I’ll be back.”
如果你够了解摄影师,关于他们有个玩笑 摄影是世界上能把青春期拉长的最好的存在形式 比如他们总会说:“我得走了,我还另外有个拍摄任务,但我一定会回来!”
76.And then you never come back.
然后他们根本不会回去。
77.So I asked the translator why she thought she was dying.
言归正传,我问翻译为什么那位祖母觉得她快不行了?
78.Can I get her to a hospital, could I pay to get her a doctor?
我说我愿意自己出钱送她去医院,帮她请个大夫什么的。
79.And she refused any help at all.
但是老人拒绝任何医疗帮助。
80.And so when I got outside, I actually gave the translator some money and said, “Please go back and see if you can do something.”
当我走出门口, 我给了翻译一些钱,说: “麻烦你回去再看看能不能做点什么。”
81.And I gave the grandmother my business card.
我还给了老人我的名片,
82.And I said, “If you’re serious, I will try to find a family for her.”
告诉她:“如果你是认真的,我可以帮贤淑找个愿意领养她的家庭。”
83.And I immediately wrote a letter to my best friends in Atlanta, Georgia, who had an 11-year-old son.
随后,我立即给我最好的朋友写了一封信, 他住在亚特兰大,佐治亚州,有个11岁的儿子。
84.And my best friend had mistakenly one day said something about wishing he had another child.
我这个最好的朋友曾有一天也不知是不是随便胡扯, 说他还想再要一个小孩什么的。
85.So here my friends Gene and Gail had not heard from me in about a year.
就这样,我的朋友格伦和盖尔都一年左右没有我消息了
86.And suddenly I was calling, saying “I’m in Korea, and I’ve met this extraordinary girl.”
突然接到我的电话,我说,我现在在韩国 认识了一个很棒的小女孩儿,
87.And I said, “The grandmother thinks she’s sick, but I think maybe we would have to bring the grandmother over also.”
她的祖母快不行了, (不知你们愿不愿意领养她)不过很有可能我们也得把那位祖母也接到美国,
88.And I said, “I’ll pay for the — ” I mean, I had this whole sort of picture.
但我会承担全部费用–”,我说的很急,脑子里已似乎计划好所有的一切。
89.So anyway, I left.
不管怎么样,我暂时离开了韩国。
90.And my friends actually said they were very interested in adopting her.
我的朋友告诉我他们的确很有兴趣领养这个小女孩。
91.And I said, “Look, I think I’ll scare the grandmother to death if I actually write to her and tell her that you’re willing to adopt her, I want to go back and talk to her.”
我对他们说:“太好了,如果我写信告诉那位祖母你们愿意领养 她会高兴坏的 我一定得再去趟韩国当面告诉她。”
92.But I was off on assignment.
可是我身上另有一个拍摄任务在,
93.I figured I’d come back in a couple of weeks and talk to the grandmother.
我预计再过几个礼拜才能回韩国告诉祖母这个消息
94.And on Christmas Day, I was in Bangkok with a group of photographers and got a telegram — back in those days you got telegrams — from Time Magazine saying someone in Korea had died,
就这样,圣诞节那天, 我正和一群摄影师在曼谷, 突然收到一封电报–在那个时代还是靠发电报的– 发到时代杂志,让通知我说有个什么人在韩国去世了,
95.and left their child in a will to me.
并在遗嘱里把孩子留给了我,
96.Did I know anything about this?
问我知不知道这件事?
97.Because I hadn’t told them what I was doing, because I was so upset with the story they’d run.
我没有把在韩国发生的一切告诉时代杂志, 因为我对他们先前的报道相当不满。
98.So I went back to Korea, and I went back to  Hyun Sook’s village, and she was gone.
于是我赶去韩国,又回到当初贤淑住的村庄里。 可是早已
99.And the house that I had spent time in was empty.
人去楼空。
100.It was incredibly cold.
天气寒冷至极,
101.No one in the village would tell me where Hyun Sook was, because the grandmother had always hidden her from Westerners.
村里人没人愿意告诉我贤淑的下落, 因为他们只知道去世的祖母总是把小女孩藏起来不让西方人接近,
102.And they had no idea about this request that she’d made of me.
他们根本不知道其实是去世的祖母让我来带小女孩走的。
103.So I finally found Myung Sung, her best friend that she used to play with after school every day.
最后我找到成明姬, 她是贤淑最好的朋友,她俩在学校时天天一起玩。
104.And Myung Sung, under some pressure from me and the translator, gave us an address on the outside of Seoul.
成明姬在我和翻译的施压下, 终于给了我们一个地址在首尔郊外。
105.And I went to that address and knocked on the door, and a man answered the door.
我们赶去那个地址,敲响了门, 一个男人开的门,
106.It was not a very nice area of Seoul, as there were mud streets outside of it.
这里其实是首尔一个不太好的地段, 因为旁边都是泥泞的马路。
107.And I knocked on the door, and Hyun  Sook answered the door, and her eyes were bloodshot, and she seemed to be in shock, she didn’t recognize me — there was no recognition whatsoever.
我敲门的时候,贤淑来开的门, 她双眼充血,看到我后露出震惊的神色 她似乎没认出我来,至少我觉得她没有
108.And this man came to the door and kind of barked something in Korean.
随后一个男人走出来,对着贤淑嚷了几句韩文。
109.And I said to the translator, “What did he say?”
我就翻译:“他说了啥?”
110.And she said, “He wants to know who you are.”
翻译说:“他想知道你是谁。”
111.And I said, “Well, tell him that I am a photographer.”
我马上说:“告诉他我是个摄影师。”
112.I started explaining who I was, and he interrupted.
接着我开始解释一通我到底是谁,那个男人打断了我。
113.And she said, “He says he knows who you are, what do you want?”
翻译说:“他说他知道你是谁了,问你要干吗?”
114.I said, “Well, tell him that I was asked by this little girl’s grandmother to find a family for her.”
于是我说:“告诉他, 是这个女孩儿的祖母托我帮她找个愿意领养她的家庭的。”
115.And he said, “I’m her uncle, she’s fine, you can leave now.”
男人马上说:“我是她的舅舅,她很好,你们可以走了。”
116.So I was — you know, the door was being slammed in my face, it’s incredibly cold, and I’m trying to think, “What would the hero do in a movie
紧接着–你知道,门砰的关上了。 外面寒风刺骨,我嘱咐自己冷静,思考。 “换了电影里的英雄男主角,这会儿会怎么做呢?”
117.if I was writing this as a movie script?”
“如果我是电影编剧,编到这里会怎么继续呢?”
118.So I said, “Listen, it’s really cold, I’ve come a very long way, do you mind if I just come in for a minute? I’m freezing.”
于是我敲开门再次解释:“拜托,外面太冷了,而且我从很远的地方赶来, 能不能让我进去哪怕待一小会儿呢?我快冻僵了。”
119.So the guy kind of reluctantly let us in and we sat down on the floor.
终于那个男人很不情愿的让我们进屋,于是我们坐了下来。
120.And as we started talking, I saw him yell something, and Hyun Sook came and brought us some food.
当我们开始商谈,我见他朝屋里嚷了几句, 接着就看见贤淑进来端给我们一些食物。
121.And I had this whole mental picture of, sort of like Cinderella.
我立刻仿佛看见灰姑娘被使唤一般,
122.I sort of had this picture of this incredibly wonderful, bright, happy little child, who now appeared to be very withdrawn, being enslaved by this family.
我拍下了这一幕,那么优秀, 聪颖又快乐的小女孩,现在畏缩成这样, 被这个家庭当仆人一样使唤。
123.And I was really appalled, and I couldn’t figure out what to do.
我异常的愤怒,可是我不知道该怎么办。
124.And the more I tried talking to him, the less friendly he was getting.
我越是想和那个男人理论,越是惹恼那个男人。
125.So I finally decided, I said “Look,” — this is all through the translator, because this is all, you know, I don’t speak a word of Korean —
最终,我告诉他:“听着“, –当然这些都是通过翻译说的,因为你知道, 我半句韩文都不会–
126.and I said, “Look, I’m really glad that Hyun Sook has a family to live with.
我告诉他:“听着,我很开心贤淑可以有地方住,
127.I was very worried about her.
我一直很担心她,
128.I made a promise to her grandmother, your mother, that I would find a family, and now I’m so happy that you’re going to take care of her.”
我答应了她的祖母,也就是你的母亲,说我一定会帮贤淑找个好人家领养她, 现在我很高兴看见你可以照顾她,
129.I said, “But you know, I bought an airline ticket, and I’m stuck here for a week.”
不过,你知道我订的机票, 让我不得不整个礼拜都得呆在这里,
130.And I said, “I’m staying in a hotel downtown.
我住在市区的一个旅馆里,
131.Would you like to come and have lunch tomorrow?
你愿不愿意明天去我那里一起吃午饭呢?
132.And you can practice your English”  — because he told me — I was trying to ask him questions about himself.
而且你还可以顺便练习英语。”–因为他告诉我他想学英语– 我想争取多了解一些他的状况。
133.And so I went to the hotel, and I found two older Amerasians.
接着我回到旅馆,找到两个年纪稍微大一些的美亚儿。
134.A girl whose mother had been a prostitute, and she was a prostitute, and a boy who’d been in and out of jail.
一个女孩的妈妈是个妓女, 她也了从事同样的事情, 还有一个男孩,不断犯事进出牢房。
135.And I said to them, “Look, there’s a little girl who has a tiny chance of getting out of here and going to America.”
于是我对他们说:”知道吗,有这么一个小女孩, 她有那么一点微小的希望可以走出这里去到美国,
136.I said, “I don’t know if it’s the right decision or not, but I would like you to come to lunch tomorrow and tell the uncle what it’s like to walk down the street,
我也不知道这对她来说是不是一个好的选择, 不过我希望你们明天可以来一起吃午餐, 告诉小女孩的舅舅走在这样的街道上是什么感觉,
137.what people say to you, what you do for a living.
人们怎么议论你们的,你们又是靠什么维生的。
138.And just — I want him to understand what happens if she stays here.
我只是想让她舅舅明白,如果继续让那个女孩儿呆下去结果会是什么。
139.And I could be wrong, I don’t know, but I wish you would come tomorrow.”
当然也可能我是错的,我也不知道,不过我真心希望你们明天可以一起来。”
140.So these two came to lunch, and we got thrown out of the restaurant.
于是那两个孩子第二天来了, 我们最终被踢出餐厅,
141.They were yelling at him, they were — it got to be really ugly.
因为他们冲着他大喊大叫,场面很难看。
142.And we went outside, and he was just furious.
餐厅外面,小女孩的舅舅快气炸了,
143.And I knew I had totally blown this whole thing.
我知道我完全搞砸了一切。
144.Here I was again, trying to figure out what to do.
我又一次绞尽脑汁的想该怎么办
145.And he started yelling at me, and I said to the translator, “OK, tell him to calm down, what is he saying?”
这时候小女孩的舅舅开始朝着我叫嚷起来,我便和翻译说, “好了,让他冷静,他在说什么?”
146.And she said, “Well, he’s saying, ‘Who the hell are you to walk into my house, some rich American with your cameras around your neck,
翻译说:“你知道,他说, 你算什么东西可以这样走进我家, 脖子上挂个照相机有钱的美国人了不起啊,
147.accusing me of enslaving my niece?
居然指责我奴役我的外甥女?
148.This is my niece, I love her, she’s my sister’s daughter.
她是我的外甥女,我爱她,她可是我姐姐的女儿阿。
149.Who the hell are you to accuse me of something like this?'”
你算什么 可以那样指责我?”
150.And I said, you know, “Look,” I said, “You’re absolutely right.
于是我回答他,“没错,你说的全都对,
151.I don’t pretend to understand what’s going on here.”
我不会装的我好像明白到底这里发生了什么事。”
152.I said, “All I know is I’ve been photographing a lot of these children.”
“我唯一知道的就是我已经拍摄了很多这样的孩子,
153.I said, “I’m in love with your niece, I think she’s an incredibly special child.”
我爱你的外甥女, 我觉得她是个非常特别的孩子,
154.and I said, “Look, I will fly my friends over here from the United States if you want to meet them, to see if you approve of them.
我可以让愿意领养她的我的朋友 从美国飞过来见你如果你愿意
155.I just think that — what little I know about the situation, she has very little chance here of having the kind of life that you probably would like her to have.”
我只是觉得,也是我唯一相信的一点, 那就是她呆在这里没有可能得到的生活, 也许你愿意放走她让她得到。”
156.So everyone told me afterwards that inviting the prospective parents over was again, the stupidest thing I could have possibly done,
当然事后,所有人都和我说,请愿意领养的父母飞过来, 是我能做的最愚蠢的事情。
157.because who’s ever good enough for your relative?
因为谁会比亲戚更亲呢?
158.But he invited me to come to a ceremony they were having that day for her grandmother.
不过他还是邀请去参加了当天 为女孩的祖母举办的葬礼。
159.And they actually take items of clothing and photographs, and they burn them as part of the ritual.
他们真的会把一些生前的衣物照片 扔到火里烧掉作为某种习俗。
160.And you can see how different she looks just in three months.
从照片上你们可以看见,贤淑仅仅这三个月改变了多少。
161.This was now, I think, February, early February.
这张是…让我想想,二月,二月初,
162.And the pictures before were taken in September.
之前的照片是九月照的。
163.Well, there was an American Marine priest that I had met in the course of doing the story who had 75 children living in his house.
不管怎样,我想到我曾认识一个海军陆战队的牧师, 我就是通过这次拍摄任务认识的。 他让75个孩子住在他家里,
164.He had three women helping him take care of these kids.
并请了三位妇女帮他照料这些孩子。
165.And so I suggested to the uncle that we go down and meet Father Keene, to find out how the adoption process worked.
于是我便建议小女孩的舅舅一起过去, 见见这位神父基恩, 看看领养程序是怎样的
166.Because I wanted him to feel like this was all being done very much above board.
因为我希望他明白, 领养的事基本已经在进行中了。
167.So this is on the way down to the orphanage.
于是我们去了那个孤儿院,
168.This is Father Keene. He’s just a wonderful guy.
这张照片就是神父基恩,他是个很棒的人。
169.He had kids from all over Korea living there, and he would find families for these kids.
住在他孤儿院的孩子来自韩国各地, 他还会帮这些孩子找愿意领养他们的人家。
170.This is a social worker interviewing Hyun Sook.
这是那里的义工正在采访贤淑。
171.Now I had always thought she was completely untouched by all of this, because the grandmother, to me, appeared to be sort of the village wise-woman, and the person everybody —
我总觉得,贤淑一定完全没有接触过这些情形, 因为她的祖母在我看来, 是村子里很有智慧的女人,村里人
172.throughout the day I noticed people kept coming to visit her grandmother.
在仪式那天都不断地来祭奠她。
173.And I always had this mental picture that even though they may have been one of the poorer families in the village, they were one of the most respected families in the village.
我脑子里总有这样的画面, 那就是尽管祖母和贤淑是村子里很贫穷的人家, 她们却是很受村里人尊重的人。
174.And I always felt that the grandmother had kind of demanded, and insisted, that the villagers treat Hyun Sook with the same respect they treated her.
我也总感觉,祖母在世时 一定坚持希望贤淑也受到村里人同样的尊重。
175.Hyun Sook stayed at Father Keene’s, and her uncle agreed to let her stay there until the adoption went through.
就这样,贤淑待在了神父基恩的孤儿院。 她的叔叔也同意让她待在那里直到被领养。
176.He actually agreed to the adoption.
他终于同意让贤淑被领养了。
177.And I went off on assignment and came back a week later, and Father Keene said, “I’ve got to talk to you about Hyun Sook.”
因为另一个拍摄任务我离开了一段时间,一个礼拜才再回韩国。 那天神父突然和我说:“我得和你谈谈关于贤淑的事。”
178.I kind of said, “Oh God, now what?”
我说道:“天哪,又怎么了?”
179.And he takes me into this room, and he closes the door, and he says, “I have 75 children here in the orphanage, and it’s total bedlam.”
他把我带到一个屋子里,关上门, 然后他开口了,“孤儿院共有75个孩子,所以我这儿乱的和疯人院没两样,
180.And there’s clothes, and there’s kids, and, you know, there’s three adults and 75 kids — you can imagine.”
到处是衣服,孩子,你知道, 就三个大人应付75个孩子,你可以想象这情形,
181.And he said, “The second day she was here she made up a list of all of the names of the older kids and the younger kids.
可是贤淑到这儿后的第二天,她就自己列了个单子, 上面是所有年纪稍长的孩子和还很小的孩子们的名字,
182.And she assigned one of the older kids to each of the younger kids.
她把小一点的孩子们分别分配给每个大一些的孩子们嘱咐他们照料,
183.And then she set up a work detail list of who cleaned the orphanage on what day.”
接着她还把该干的活也列了个详尽的表出来, 谁哪天该打扫孤儿院都分配好,
184.And he said, “She’s telling me that I’m messy, and I have to clean up my room.”
她还对我说,我太乱了,应该好好打扫屋子才好。
185.And he said, “I don’t know who raised her, but,” he said, “She’s running the orphanage, and she’s been here three days.”
我不知道是谁抚养她长大, 但是她简直已经可以算在管理孤儿院了, 可是她才来了三天而已。”
186.(Laughter) This was movie day that she organized, where all the kids went to the movies.
(笑声) 这张照片是贤淑组织的看电影日,所有的孩子一起去看电影。
187.A lot of the kids who had been adopted actually wrote back to the other kids, telling them about what their life was like with their new families.
很多已经被领养走的孩子们 会写信给其他孩子们,告诉他们 和新家庭的生活是怎样的。
188.So it was a really big deal when the letters showed up.
所以每每信寄来的时候,就是孤儿院的头等大事
189.This is a woman who is now working at the orphanage whose son had been adopted.
这位女性现在正为孤儿院服务, 她的儿子已经被领养了。
190.Gene and Gail started studying Korean the moment they had gotten my first letter.
格伦和盖尔开始学习韩语了, 他们从收到我得第一封信开始
191.They really wanted to be able to welcome Hyun Sook into their family.
就真心的希望能迎接贤淑成为他们家的一员。
192.And one of the things Father Keene told me when I came back from one of these trips — Hyun Sook had chosen the name Natasha, which I understood was from her watching
当我后来又回韩国时神父基恩还告诉我另外一件事, 贤淑给自己选择的英文名是娜塔莎, 我一听就知道这个名字来源于一部关于美国空军基地的一部动画片
193.a Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoon on the American Air Force station.
名字叫做《洛基和布文哥》。
194.This may be one of those myth-buster things that we’ll have to clear up here, in a minute.
这很有可能是某个杜撰的流言之一,事后再釐清不迟。
195.So my friend Gene flew over with his son, Tim.
就这样,我的朋友格伦和他的儿子提姆飞来了韩国,
196.Gail couldn’t come.
盖尔有事不能来。
197.And they spent a lot of time huddled over a dictionary.
语言不通的缘故他们大多数时间都围着字典,
198.And this was Gene showing the uncle where Atlanta was on the map, where he lived.
格伦在地图上给娜塔莎的舅舅指亚特兰大在哪里。
199.This is the uncle signing the adoption papers.
这是她的舅舅正在签署关于领养的文件。
200.Now, we went out to dinner that night to celebrate.
当天晚上我们一起吃晚饭庆祝,
201.The uncle went back to his family, and Natasha and Tim and Gene and I went out to dinner.
娜塔莎的舅舅回家去了, 这样就剩我,娜塔莎,格伦和提姆去吃晚饭。
202.And Gene was showing Natasha how to use a knife and fork, and then Natasha was returning the utensil lessons.
这张是格伦在教娜塔莎如何使用刀叉。 这是娜塔莎回教他怎么使用筷子。
203.We went back to our hotel room, and Gene was showing Natasha also where Atlanta was.
吃完后我们回到旅馆, 这是格伦告诉娜塔莎亚特兰大在哪里。
204.This is the third night we were in Korea.
这已经是我们呆在韩国的第三个晚上了。
205.The first night we’d gotten a room for the kids right next to us.
第一晚我们让孩子们住在隔壁一间。
206.Now, I’d been staying in this room for about three months, it was a little 15-story Korean hotel.
我已经在这间旅馆呆了三个月了, 这是一个十五层楼的韩国小旅馆。
207.So the second night, we didn’t keep the kids’ room, because we went down and slept on the floor with all the kids at the orphanage.
第二晚我们让两个孩子住在我们房里, 我和格伦去了孤儿院和那里的孩子们一起睡在地板上。
208.And the third night we came back, we’d just gone out to dinner where you saw the pictures, and we got to the front desk and the guy at the front desk said,
第三个晚上我们从孤儿院回来,吃完晚饭, 你们可以看这些照片,我们在旅馆前台 前台的人告诉我们,
209.”There’s no other free rooms on your floor tonight, so if you want to put the kids five floors below you, there’s a room there.”
“今晚已经你们那一层已经没有多余的房间了, 如果你们愿意让你们孩子住在你们下面五层,那儿倒有个房间。”
210.And Gene and I looked at each other and said, “No, we don’t want two 11-year-olds five floors away.”
格伦和我相互看了一眼,说: “不,我们不想让两个11岁的孩子住离我们五层远。”
211.So his son said, “Dad, I have a sleeping bag, I’ll sleep on the floor.”
这时提姆说:“爸爸,我有个睡袋,我可以睡在地板上。”
212.And I said, “Yeah, I have one too.”
我也说:“没错我也有一个。”
213.So Tim and I slept on the floor, Natasha got one bed, Gene got the other, kids pass out, it’s been very exciting for three days.
于是我和提姆睡在了地板上。 娜塔莎和格伦各人一张床。两个孩子很快昏睡过去, 过去的三天实在是太丰富令人兴奋了。
214.We’re laying in bed, and Gene and I are talking about how cool we are.
格伦和我就那样躺着,感叹我俩多酷啊,
215.We said, “That was so great, we saved this little girl’s life.”
我俩说,“这真是太棒了,我们从苦难中拯救了这个小女孩啊。”
216.We were just like, you know, ahhh, just full of ourselves.
我们俩,你知道,得意极了。
217.And we fall asleep — and I’ve been in this room, you know, for a couple of months now.
最终我们也睡着了。我曾住过这个屋子,你们知道, 大概住过几个月。
218.And they always overheat the hotels in Korea terribly, so during the day I always left the window open.
我知道这个旅馆总是把空调温度调得过高, 所以白天我总是把窗户敞开,
219.And then at night about midnight, they turn the heat off in the hotel, so at about 1 a.m. the whole room would be like 20 below zero, and I’d get up.
到了午夜,他们又会把空调关掉, 所以凌晨1点的时候,整个屋子又跟零下20度似的,我又不得不起床关窗。
220.I’d been doing this every night I’d been there.
我在那儿住的几个月里每天都得这样干。
221.So sure enough, it’s one o’clock, room’s freezing, I go to close the window, and I hear people shouting outside, and I thought, “Oh, the bars must have just gotten out.”
所以当天晚上也一样,凌晨一点,屋子冷得跟冰窖似的, 我起身关窗,却听见人们在外面喊叫, 我心想,“哦,可能那些泡酒吧的人出来了。”
222.And I don’t speak Korean, but I’m hearing these voices, and I’m not hearing anger, I’m hearing terror.
我不会说韩语,但是我听到一些声音, 我听见恐惧而不是生气的喊叫。
223.So I open the window, and I look out, and there’s flames coming up the side of our hotel, and the hotel’s on fire.
于是我打开窗,向外看, 发现火焰直从旅馆下面窜上来, 旅馆着火了!
224.So I run over to Gene, and I wake him up, and I say, “Gene, don’t freak out, I think the hotel’s on fire.”
我冲到格伦身边,把他叫醒, 我说,“格伦,千万别慌,我觉得旅馆好像着火了。”
225.And now there’s smoke and flames coming by our windows, we’re on the 11th floor.
当时浓烟和火苗已经窜到我们窗边,我们住的可是11楼啊!
226.So the two of us were just like, “Oh my God, oh my God.”
所以当时我们只呆在那儿喊着:”天哪,我的天哪…”
227.So we’re trying to get Natasha up, and we can’t talk to her.
不管怎样我们冲过去要叫醒娜塔莎,尽管我们都不会韩语。
228.And you know what kids are like when they’ve been asleep for like an hour, it’s like they took five Valiums, you know, they’re all over the place.
你们知道孩子是怎么样的当他们才睡着个1小时左右, 就好像吃了五片安眠药,迷迷糊糊找不着北。
229.And we can’t talk to her.
而且我们跟本不会韩语没法和她交流。
230.I remember his son had the L.L. Bean bootlaces, and we’re trying to do up his laces.
我记得提姆当时穿的是里昂.比恩牌的户外靴, 我们还试着给他系上鞋带。
231.So we try to get to the door, and we run to the door, and we open the door and it’s like walking into a blast furnace.
接着我们冲向门口, 当我们打开门就好像走进爆炸了的熔炉里,
232.There’s people screaming, there’s the sound of glass breaking, there’s these weird thumps.
到处都是喊叫,到处都是玻璃破碎的声音, 居然还有很响的敲击声。
233.And the whole room filled with smoke in about two seconds.
整个屋子两秒钟之内完全充斥着浓烟。
234.And Gene turns round and says, “We’re not going to make it.”
这时,格伦转向我,说了一句:“我们完了。”
235.And he closes the door, and the whole room is now filled with smoke.
他关上门,整个屋子已经全是浓烟。
236.We’re all choking, and there’s smoke pouring through the vents, under the doors, there’s people screaming.
我们通通觉得呼吸困难,浓烟继续从通风口,门底下不断地灌进来, 人们不断地尖叫。
237.I just remember this unbelievable, just utter chaos.
我只记得那无法想象的巨大混乱。
238.I remember sitting near the bed, and I was just so — I had two overwhelming feelings.
我当时坐在床边,心里面 只有两个感受,
239.One was absolute terror — it’s like, “Oh, please God, I just want to wake up, this has got to be a nightmare, this can’t be happening,
一个就是可怕的恐慌–就好像说,“上帝啊,快让我醒来吧, 这一切都不是真的,只是一个噩梦而已。
240.please, I just want to wake up, it’s got to be a nightmare.”
天哪,我只想醒过来发现这一切只是一个噩梦。”
241.And the other is unbelievable guilt.
还有一个就是无比的愧疚感。
242.Here I’ve been playing God with my friend’s lives, my friend’s son, with Natasha’s life, and this what you get when you try playing God, is you hurt people.
我在这里当救世主,结果把我朋友、他的儿子还有娜塔莎的性命都搭上了。 这就是我当救世主的结果,就是反而伤害到了别人。
243.I remember just being so frightened and terrified.
记得我当时非常恐惧慌张。
244.And Gene, who’s laying on the floor, says, “Man, we’ve got to soak towels.” I said, “What?”
这时,躺在地板上的格伦说话了, “老兄,我们得浸湿毛巾。”“你说什么。”我回答。
245.He says, “We’ve got to soak towels. We’re going to die from the smoke.”
他又说了一遍:“我们必须拿湿毛巾捂住口鼻,不然我们会被烟呛死的。”
246.So we ran to the bathroom, and got towels, and put them over our faces, and the kids faces.
于是我们冲进浴室拿毛巾, 接着我们用湿毛巾捂住大家的脸。
247.Then he said, “Do you have gaffer’s tape?”
格伦又说,“你有没有固定照明灯的粘着胶带?”
248.I said, “What?” He said, “Do you have gaffer’s tape?”
我以为听错了,问:“什么?”“你有没有粘着胶带?”
249.I said, “Yeah, somewhere in my Halliburton.”
我说:“有啊,去能源公司哈里伯顿准有。”
250.He says, “We’ve got to stop the smoke.”
他说,“我们必须想办法阻止烟进来。
251.He said, “That’s all we can do, we’ve got to stop the smoke.”
这是我们唯一可以做的,那就是阻止烟进来!”
252.I mean, Gene — thank God for Gene.
谢天谢地,幸亏有格伦在。
253.So we put the room service menus over the vents in the wall, we put blankets at the bottom of the door, we put the kids on the windowsill to try to get some air,
于是我们把旅馆的菜单塞进通风口里, 再弄些毯子塞住门缝, 接着我们让两个孩子靠着窗户缝可以呼吸些空气。
254.and there was a building, a new building going up, that was being built right outside, across the street from our hotel.
旅馆前面有栋新起的大楼, 就在我们旅馆街道的正对面,
255.And there in the building were photographers waiting for people to jump.
楼里有很多摄影师, 正等着拍摄有人跳楼的情景。
256.11 people ended up dying in the fire.
11个人死于火里,
257.Five people jumped and died, other people were killed by the smoke.
5个人因跳楼而死,其他还有人死于浓烟。
258.And there’s this loud thumping on the door after about 45 minutes in all this, and people were shouting in Korean.
大概过了45分钟左右,突然有咚咚的巨大敲门声, 还夹杂着用韩文喊叫着什么。
259.And I remember — Natasha didn’t want us opening the door — sorry, I was trying not to open the door, because we’d spent so much time barricading the room.
我记得当时娜塔莎不让我们开门, 哦,错了,是我不让开门, 因为我们花了很久才将屋子与外面的浓烟隔绝,
260.I didn’t know who it was, I didn’t know what they wanted, and Natasha could tell they were firemen trying to get us out.
我不知道敲门的是谁,也不知道他们想干嘛。 这时候娜塔莎告诉我,他们是消防员来救我们了!
261.I remember a sort of a tussle at the door trying to get the door open.
我记得有一阵撞门,
262.In any case, 12 hours later, I mean, they put us in the lobby.
不管怎么样,12个小时后,我们已被安置在大厅了。
263.Gene ended up using his coat, and his fist in the coat, to break open a liquor cabinet.
格伦最后用他的外套包住拳头,打碎了酒柜的玻璃。
264.People were lying on the floor.
人们劫后都躺在地板上。
265.It was one of just the most horrifying nights.
那绝对是迄今为止最恐怖的夜晚之一。
266.And then 12 hours later, we rented a car, as we had planned to, and drove back to Natasha’s village.
12个小时后,我们租了辆车,打算 开去娜塔莎的村子。
267.And we kept saying, “Do you realize we were dying in a hotel fire, like eight hours ago?”
我们不住地说:“有没有意识到我们差一点死在一场旅馆的火灾里, 八小时以前?”
268.It’s so weird how life just goes on.
可是奇怪的是生活照样继续着。
269.Natasha wanted to introduce her brother and father to all the villagers, and the day we showed up turned out to be a 60-year-old man’s birthday —
娜塔莎想把她的新哥哥和新爸爸介绍给村里的所有人。 我们到村子的那天恰好是一位老人的60岁大寿–
270.this guy’s 60 years old.
这位老人60岁了。
271.So it turned into a dual celebration, because Natasha was the first person from this village ever to go to the United States.
结果就变成了双重庆祝,因为娜塔莎是村子里第一个 可以走出村子去到美国的。
272.So these are the greenhouse tents.
这张是村里人的温室棚。
273.This is the elders teaching Gene their dances.
这张是长者们在教格伦跳她们的舞。
274.We drank a lot of rice wine, we were both so drunk, I couldn’t believe it.
我们喝了很多米酒,我俩都醉了。 简直不敢相信。
275.This is the last picture before Gene and Tim headed back.
这张是格伦和提姆回美国前的最后一张照片。
276.The adoption people told us it was going to take a year for the adoption to go through.
领养组织的人告诉我们说要一年时间才能履行完所有手续,
277.Like, what could you do for a year?
那么这一年用来做什么?
278.So I found out the name of every official on both the Korean and American side, and I photographed them and told them how famous they were going to be when this book was done.
于是我找到所有涉及这些领养手续的官员的名字,韩国的和美国的, 我给他们拍了照并告诉他们 如果我这本书发表了他们会有多出名
279.And four months later, the adoption papers came through.
果不其然,四个月后,领养文件下来了。
280.This is saying goodbye to everybody at the orphanage.
这张是我们和孤儿院的所有人说再见。
281.This is Father Keene with Natasha at the bus stop.
这张是神父基恩和娜塔莎在车站。
282.Her great aunt at the airport.
娜塔莎的阿姨在机场的照片。
283.I had a wonderful deal with Cathay Pacific airlines for many years, where they gave me free passes on all their airlines in return for photography.
我多年来一直和国泰航空有很好的交换条件, 那就是他们让我免费乘坐航班,而我负责帮他们拍照。
284.It was like the ultimate perk.
这就好像终极津贴一样优惠。
285.And the pilot, I actually knew — because they used to let me sit in the jump seat, to tell you how long ago this was.
我还认识飞行员,因为他们常常让我坐跳伞席 好告诉我飞到哪里了。
286.This is a Tri-Star, and so they let Natasha actually sit in the jump seat.
这是一架三星级的,所以他们也让娜塔莎坐跳伞席,
287.And the pilot, Jeff Cowley, actually went back and adopted one of the other kids at the orphanage after meeting Natasha.
而且后来,飞行员杰夫考利,在见了娜塔莎之后 还去韩国那个孤儿院也领养了一个孩子。
288.This is 28 hours later in Atlanta, it’s a very long flight.
这是28小时后到达亚特兰大,很漫长的飞行。
289.Just to make things even crazier, Gail, Natasha’s new mom, was three days away from giving birth to her own daughter.
更加添乱的是, 盖尔,也就是娜塔莎的新妈妈, 三天后就是他们自己女儿的预产期。
290.So you know, if you were writing this, you’d say, “No, we’ve got to write the script differently.”
所以你知道,如果你写这个剧本,你会说, “嗯,我们该把它写的再与众不同一点才行。”
291.This is the first night showing Natasha her new cousins and uncles and aunts.
这张是第一个晚上,带娜塔莎见她的新表兄,叔叔和阿姨。
292.Gene and Gail know everyone in Atlanta, they’re the most social couple imaginable.
格伦和盖尔几乎可以说认识亚特兰大所有的人, 他们是你可以想象的最爱社交的夫妇。
293.So at this point Natasha doesn’t speak a word of English, other than what little Father Keene taught her.
这个时候娜塔莎还一句英文都不会讲, 除了神父基恩教她的那一点点。
294.This is Kylie, her sister, who’s now a doctor, on the right.
这是凯莉站在右边,娜塔莎的妹妹,她现在是个医生了,
295.This is a deal I had with Natasha, which is that when we got to Atlanta she could take — she could cut off my beard.
这张是我履行和娜塔莎的约定,那就是回到亚特兰大 她就帮我剪掉我的胡子,
296.She never liked it very much.
她从来都不喜欢我的胡子。
297.She learned English in three months.
娜塔莎三个月就基本会说英语了,
298.She entered seventh grade at her own age level.
她进了这个年纪该上的七年级。
299.Pledge of Allegiance for the first time.
第一次宣誓效忠美国。
300.This is her cooking teacher.
这是她的厨艺老师。
301.Natasha told me that a lot of the kids thought she was stuck up, because they would talk to her and she wouldn’t answer, and they didn’t realize she didn’t actually speak English very well in the beginning.
娜塔莎告诉我很多孩子都觉得她假清高不睬人, 因为他们和她说话的时候她都不回答。 其实孩子们没有意识到娜塔莎只是开始还不太会说英语呢。
302.But what I noticed, again as an observer, was she was choosing who was going to be on her team.
但是作为旁观者,我又注意到 娜塔莎还是那个选择谁有资格和她一队的人。
303.And seemed to be very popular very, very quickly.
而且她很快就变得非常受欢迎。
304.Now, remember the picture, how much she looked like her grandmother, at the beginning?
现在,还记得这张照片吗, 最开始我说娜塔莎长得多像她的祖母,
305.People were always telling Natasha how much she looks like her mother, Gail.
结果来了这儿,人们却常常说她长得多像她的妈妈,盖尔。
306.This is a tense moment in the first football game, I think.
这张大概是一场足球赛的某个紧张时刻。
307.And Kylie — I mean, it was almost like Kylie was her own child.
这张是凯莉,娜塔莎就好像凯莉是她自己的小孩。
308.She’s being baptized.
娜塔莎受洗。
309.Now a lot of parents, when they adopt, actually want to erase their children’s history.
其实有很多父母,当他们领养小孩的时候 总是想掩盖掉小孩的过去,
310.And Gail and Gene did the complete opposite.
但是盖尔和格伦完全相反
311.They were studying Korean, they bought Korean clothes.
他们学习韩语,买韩国传统的衣服。
312.Gene even did a little tile work in the kitchen, which was that once upon a time there was a beautiful girl that came from hills of Korea to live happily ever after in Atlanta.
格伦甚至还在厨房铺了一片瓷砖, 上面记录了很久很久以前有这么一个美丽的女孩, 她来自韩国的小山村从此在亚特兰大过着幸福的生活。
313.She hates this picture — it was her first job.
娜塔莎恨这张照片,–这是她的第一份工作。
314.She bought a bright red Karmann Ghia with the money she made working at Burger King.
她买了一辆亮红色的的卡本吉那 用她在汉堡王打工赚的钱。
315.The captain of the cheerleaders.
这张是她做啦啦队长。
316.Beauty pageant.
这张是选美比赛。
317.Used to do their Christmas card every year.
他们全家每年习惯做圣诞卡片,
318.Gene’s been restoring this car for a million years.
格伦几百年前就开始存这些卡片。
319.Kodak hired Natasha to be a translator for them at the Olympics in Korea.
柯达聘用了娜塔莎作为韩国奥林匹克时的翻译。
320.Her future husband, Jeff, was working for Canon cameras, and met Natasha at the Olympic village.
她未来的老公,杰夫,在佳能工作, 他们俩相遇在奥林匹克村。
321.This is her first trip back to Korea, so there’s her uncle.
这张是她来之后第一次回韩国,瞧,这是她舅舅,
322.This is her half-sister.
这是她同母异父的姐姐。
323.She went back to the village, that’s her best friend’s mother.
娜塔莎回去了村子,那是她最好朋友的妈妈。
324.And I always thought that was a very Annie Hall kind of outfit.
我总觉得那身衣服像电影安妮霍尔里的戏服,
325.It’s just, you know, it was just so interesting just to watch — this is her mother in the background there.
它只是,你知道,只是看上去有趣极了。 这是娜塔莎的妈妈站在后面。
326.This is Natasha’s wedding day.
这是娜塔莎婚礼的日子。
327.Gene’s looking a little older.
格伦看上去老了一些。
328.This is Sydney, who’s going to be three years old in a couple of days.
这是她的孩子悉尼,再过几天就快三岁了。
329.And there’s Evan.
这是伊万。
330.Natasha, would you just come up for a second, just maybe to say hello to everybody?
娜塔莎,你能不能上来一会儿, 只要和大家打个招呼。
331.(Applause) Natasha’s actually never heard me tell the story.
(掌声) 娜塔莎事实上没有听我讲过这个故事,
332.I mean, she — you know, we’ve looked at the pictures together.
我的意思是,她–你知道,虽然我们一起看过这些照片。
333.Natasha: I’ve seen pictures millions of times, but today was the first time I’m actually seeing him give the whole presentation.
Natasha:这些照片我看过几百遍了, 但今天是我第一次看他讲完整个故事,
334.I started crying.
结果我哭了。
335.Rick Smolan: I’m sure there’s about 40 things she’s going to tell me.
RS:我敢保证大约会有40件事情她一会儿会告诉我,
336.”That wasn’t what happened, that wasn’t what you said.”
那张不是发生了那件事,不是你讲的那样。
337.Natasha: Later, I’ll do that later.
Natasha:待会儿,待会儿会告诉你的。
338.(Laughter) RS: Anyway, thank you, Mike and Richard, so much for letting us tell the story.
(笑声) RS:不管怎样,谢谢麦克和理查德 让我们讲述这个故事。
339.Thank you all of you.
谢谢你们大家。

ted演讲稿中英文对照

RichardBranson_万尺高空中的生活【中英文对照】

2024-4-19 14:40:24

ted演讲稿中英文对照

RobertBallard_深海探险【中英文对照】

2024-4-19 14:41:39

0 条回复 A文章作者 M管理员
    暂无讨论,说说你的看法吧
个人中心
购物车
优惠劵
今日签到
有新私信 私信列表
搜索