NickVeasey_展现你未曾见过的世界【中英文对照】

1.So, 120 years ago Doctor R?ntgen X-rayed his wife’s hand.
在120年前 伦琴医生给他妻子的手拍摄了X光照片。
2.Quite why he had to pin her fingers to the floor with her brooch, I’m not sure. It seems a bit extreme to me.
只是,为什么他要用胸针把他妻子的手指钉在地上 对此我很不解。这对我来说有点不可思议。
3.That image was the start of the X-ray technology.
但这张照片确实是X射线技术的开端
4.And I’m still fundamentally using the same principles today.
并且我基本上依然在使用与当年相同的原理
5.I’m interpreting it in a more contemporary manner.
但是我用的是一种比较现代的表达方式
6.The first shot I ever did was of a soda can which was to promote a brand that we all know, so I’m not going to do them any favors by showing you it.
我拍摄的第一张照片 是一个汽水罐,用来为大家都熟悉的一个牌子做广告 所以我不打算给你们展示那张照片,免得再次为他们做广告
7.But the second shot I did was my shoes I was wearing on the day.
我拍摄的第二张照片是我今天穿的这双鞋子
8.And I do really like this shot, because it shows all the detritus that’s sort of embedded in the sole of the sneakers.
我非常喜欢这张照片,因为 从照片上能看到所有 嵌在鞋底上的碎石
9.It was just one of those pot-luck things where you get it right first time.
这只是那些有意思的事情之一,你 刚刚开始了解到
10.Moving on to something a bit larger, This is an X-ray of a bus.
让我们继续来看看大一些的东西 这是一张公交汽车的X光照片
11.And the bus is full of people.
这辆车上载满了人
12.It’s actually the same person. It’s just one skeleton.
实际上他们都是同一个人,都是一具骨架
13.And back in the ’60s they used to teach student radiographers to take X-rays, thankfully  not on you and I, but on dead people.
让我们把目光倒回上世纪60年代 人们以前培训X光照相师 拍摄X光照片,但幸好不是给我们拍 而是拍摄死人
14.So, I’ve still got access to one of these dead people called Frieda; she’s falling apart, I’m afraid, because she’s very old and fragile.
现在,我们仍然能够拍摄到当年的那些死人之一 她的名字叫Frieda。我担心她一直在腐化 因为她已经非常老了,而且还很脆弱
15.But everyone on that bus is Frieda.
但那辆公交车上的每个人都是Frieda
16.And the bus is taken with a cargo-scanning X-ray, which is the sort of machine you have on borders, which checks for contraband and drugs and bombs and things.
这张公交车的照片是由X光货物扫描仪器拍摄的 就是我们在边境关口看到的那种机器 用来检查走私品,毒品和爆炸物之类的东西
17.Fairly obvious what that is.
很明显能看出来这是什么
18.So, using large-scale objects does sort of create drama because you just don’t see X-rays of big things that often.
拍摄大尺度的物体 确实是相当有戏剧性的 因为你很少见到大型物体的X光照片
19.Technology is moving ahead And these large cargo scanner X-rays that work with the digital system are getting better and better and better.
科技在不断进步 这些大的X光货物扫描仪器 以及其中的数字系统正在变得越来越好
20.Again though, to make it come alive you need, somehow, to add the human element.
然而,要把它变得有趣一点 你需要加入一些人的因素
21.And I think the reason this image works, again, is because Frieda is driving the bulldozer.
我认为这张图片成功的原因在于 Frieda在驾驶这台推土机
22.(Laughter) Quite a difficult brief, make a pair of men’s pants look beautiful.
(笑声) 这是个相当困难的事 让一条男士裤子看起来漂亮
23.But I think the process, in itself, shows how exquisite they are.
但我认为这个过程本身就体现了它有多么精细
24.Fashion, now I’m sort of anti-fashion because I don’t show the surface, I show what’s within.
时尚,我现在是个反时尚者,因为我 不展现事物的表面,而是事物的内部
25.So, the fashionistas don’t really like me because It doesn’t matter if Kate Moss is wearing it or if I’m wearing it, it looks the same.
所以,时尚人士一定不喜欢我 因为不论是Kate Moss或是我穿着时装 看起来都是一样的
26.(Laughter) We all look the same inside, believe me.
(笑声) 我们的内部看起来都是一样的,相信我
27.The creases in the material and the sort of nuances.
面料上的褶皱都只是细微差别
28.And I show things for really what they are, what they’re made of.
而我展示食物最真实的一面,他们是由什么构成的
29.I peel back the layers and expose it.

30.And if it’s well made I show it, if it’s badly made I show it.
不论物品制作得精良与否,我都如实的展现出来
****************************************************************
本文来源于[育能软件]   更多更全,请登录NengSoft.com
****************************************************************
31.And I’m sure Ross can associate that with design.
我能肯定Ross将会把它同设计联系起来
32.The design comes from within.
但设计源自事物的内在
33.It’s not just top shot.
而不是表面的样子
34.I get some strange looks when I go out getting my props.
在我寻找我的拍摄道具时,我得到一些奇怪的图像
35.Here I was fumbling around in the ladies underwear department of a department store, almost got escorted from the premises.
这个是我在百货商店的女士内衣部搜寻时找到的 几乎要被商家赶出来
36.I live opposite a farm. And this was the runt of the litter, a piglet that died.
我住在一家农场的对面,这就是那家农场的牲口,一只死掉的小猪
37.And what’s really interesting is, If you look at the legs, you’ll notice that the bones haven’t fused.
真正有趣的是 当你看着它的腿时,你会发现那些骨头都没有愈合
38.And should that pig have grown, unfortunately it was dead, it would have certainly been dead after I X-rayed it, with the amount of radiation I used anyway.
这只小猪还没有生长成熟 不幸的是它死了,并且在我用X射线照射他之后 应该能它肯定已经死了,介于我所用的辐射剂量
39.(Laughter) But once the bones had fused together it would have been healthy.
笑声 但是一旦那些骨头愈合之后 它应该能够很健康的
40.So, that’s an empty parka jacket.
那么,现在这就是一件皮夹克
41.But I quite love the way it’s posed.
但是我很喜欢它的这个造型
42.Nature is my greatest inspiration.
自然是我最大的灵感
43.And to carry on with a theme that we’ve already touched with is how nature is related to architecture.
下面继续我们已经接触到的一个话题 那就是自然如何与建筑相联系
44.If you look at the roof of the Eden Project, or the British library, it’s all this honeycomb structure.
如果你看到“伊甸园计划”(一个人造的大型温室) 或者不列颠图书馆的屋顶,你会发现他们都是蜂巢结构的
45.And I’m sure those architects are inspired, as I am, by what surrounds us, by nature.
我敢肯定,这些建筑师的灵感 同我的一样,都来自我们的周围,来自大自然
46.This, in fact, is a Victoria water lily leaf that floats on the top of a pond.
事实上,这是一片维多利亚睡莲的叶子 漂浮在池塘上的
47.An amaryllis flower looking really three-dimensional.
喇叭花看上去很有立体感
48.Seaweed, ebbing in the tide.
退潮时的海藻
49.Now, how do I do this, and where do I do this, and all of that sort of thing.
现在我要向大家展示我如何拍摄这些,我在哪拍摄这些,以及之类的问题
50.This is my new, purpose-built, X-ray shed.
这是我新建的X射线专用摄影棚
51.And the door to my X-ray room is made of lead and steel.
这是通往X射线室的门 用铅和钢材做成
52.It weighs 1,250 kilograms and the only exercise I get is opening and closing it.
它有1250公斤重,我唯一的锻炼就是打开和关上这个门
53.(Laughter) The walls are 700 millimeters thick of solid dense concrete.
笑声 墙壁都是用700毫米厚的高密度混凝土制成的
54.So, I’m using quite a lot of radiation.
我使用很大的辐射量
55.A lot more than you’d get in a hospital or a vet’s.
比医院或者兽医那所用的量都要大
56.And there I am. This is a quite high-powered X-ray machine.
我就在那。这是一台相当高功率的X射线仪器
57.What’s interesting really about X-ray really is, if you think about it, is that that technology is used for looking for cancer or looking for drugs,
关于X射线真正有趣的事情 是,如果你考虑到的话,是这项技术 是用来检查癌症和搜查毒品的
58.or looking for contraband or whatever.
或者是走私物品之类的东西
59.And I use that sort of technology to create things that are quite beautiful.
而我用这种技术 制造美丽的画面
60.So, still working with film, I’m afraid.
我恐怕还要是用胶片
****************************************************************
本文来源于[育能软件]   更多更全,请登录NengSoft.com
****************************************************************
61.Technology in X-ray where it’s life-size processed, apart from these large cargo-scanning machines, hasn’t moved on enough for the quality of the image
X射线技术在实物大小的处理中 撇开那些大型的扫描机器不谈 在图像质量上并没有很大的改进
62.and the resolution to be good enough for what I want to do with it, which is show my pictures big.
分辨率足够我进行这些展示 把我的图片放大展示出来
63.So, I have to use a 1980s drum scanner, which was designed in the days when everyone shot photographs on film.
我是用过一个20世纪80年代的鼓形扫描仪 它被设计出来的时候,人们都还在用胶片拍照
64.They scan each individual X-ray.
它扫描单独的X射线照片
65.And this shows how I do my process of same-size X-rays.
这个展示了我如何处理小尺寸的X光照片
66.So, this is, again, my daughter’s dress.
这又是我女儿的裙子
67.Still has the tag in it from me buying it, so I can take it back to the shop if she didn’t like it.
还带着我买它时候的标签 如果她不喜欢我还能到商店退货
68.But there are four X-ray plates.
这里有4个X光底盘
69.You can see them overlapping.
你能看到他们重叠在一起
70.So, when you move forward from something fairly small, a dress which is this size, onto something like that which is done in exactly the same process,
如果你的注意力从那些相当小尺寸的东西, 比如一条这样大小的裙子, 转移到这样的物体上,它们照片处理的过程完全是一样的
71.you can see that that is a lot of work.
你可以看到这需要很大的工作量
72.In fact, that is three months solid X-raying.
事实上,这是三个月固定X光扫描的成果
73.There is over 500 separate components.
这由500个单独的部分组成
74.Boeing sent me a 747 in containers.
波音公司给我送来一架747飞机放在机库里
75.And I sent them back an X-ray.
而我还给他们的是一张X光照片
76.(Laughter) I kid you not.
(笑声)我可没跟你们开玩笑
77.Okay, so Frieda is my dead skeleton.
好的,Frieda 是一具死去的骷髅
78.This, unfortunately, is basically two pictures.
这个,不幸的,本质上是两张图片
79.One on the extreme right is a photograph of an American footballer.
在最右边的时一张美式足球运动员的照片
80.The one on the left is an x-ray.
最左边的是一张X光照片
81.But this time I had to use a real body.
不过这次我用的是一个真实的身体
82.Because I needed all the skin tissue to make it look real, to make it look like it was a real athlete.
因为我需要所有的皮肤组织,让它看起来是真的 看起来是一个真的运动员
83.So, here I had to use a recently deceased body.
于是,这次我用了一具最近死亡的尸体
84.And getting ahold of that was extremely difficult and laborious.
然而把他们固定住相当困难和麻烦
85.But people do donate their bodies to art and science.
但是人们愿意捐献他们的遗体给艺术和科学事业
86.And when they do, I’m in the queue.
他们一旦捐赠,我就排队领取
87.So, I like to use them.
说实话,我很愿意是用他们
88.(Laughter) The coloring, so coloring adds another level to the X-rays.
笑声 下面谈谈颜色,着色给X光照片则更加了难度
89.It makes it more organic, more natural.
它会让照片更加生动,更自然
90.It’s whatever takes my fancy, really.
这真的很需要想象力
91.It’s not accurately colored to how it is in real life.
这并不是真实世界里的颜色
92.That flower doesn’t come in bright orange, I don’t think.
这朵花并不是亮橘黄色的
93.But I just like it in bright orange.
但是我比较喜欢它是亮橘黄色的样子
94.And also with something technical like these are DJ decks, it sort of adds another level.
同样,一些具有技术性的东西,比如这架DJ台 这增加了新的维度
95.It makes a two dimensional image look more three dimensional.
这让二维的图片看起来更加立体
96.The most difficult things to X-ray, the most technically challenging things to X-ray are the lightest things, the most delicate things.
对于X光照片来说最难的事情 最具有技术性挑战的事情 是那些最轻的物体,最脆弱的物体
97.To get the detail in a feather, believe me, if there is anyone out here who knows anything about X-rays, that’s quite a challenge.
为了得到羽毛当中的细节图像 相信我,如果这里有人懂得X光技术 是相当大的挑战
98.I’m now going to show you a short film, I’ll step to the side.
我将向你们展示一段影片,我会站到一边
99.Video: (Music) The thing in there is very dangerous.
录像:(音乐) 那里的东西非常危险
100.If you touch that you could possibly die through radiation poisoning.
如果你接触了他们你很可能会死 由于辐射中毒
101.In my career I’ve had two exposures to radiation, which is two too many, because it stays with you for life.
在我的职业生涯中,我有两次暴露在辐射之下 两次已经很多了,因为辐射会一生留在你的体内
102.It’s cumulative.
它是会累积的
103.(Music) It has human connotations.
音乐 它挺有人情味的
104.The fact that it’s a child’s toy that we all recognize, but also it looks like it’s a robot, and it comes from a sci-fi genus.
事实上这是一个小孩的玩具,我们都能认出来 但是看上去也像一个机器人 这来自一种科幻小说
105.It’s a surprise that it has humanity, but also man-made, future, alien associations.
令人惊讶的是它拥有人性 但同时也是人造的,未来的,与外星人相联系的
106.And it’s just a bit spooky.
看上去有点诡异
107.(Music) The bus was done with a cargo-scanning X-ray machine, which is used on the borders between countries, looking for contraband and illegal immigrants.
音乐 这张公车的照片是由大型X光扫描仪完成的 用在边境线上, 检查走私和非法移民
108.The lorry goes in front of it. And it takes slices of X-rays through the lorry.
卡车从前面进入,然后进行切面的 X光照片贯穿整车
109.And that’s how this was done. It’s actually slice, slice.
这就是如何完成的,事实上就是切面拍照
110.It’s a bit like a CT scanner in a hospital. Slices.
这有点像医院的CT扫描仪。切片
111.And then if you look carefully, there is all little things.
如果你仔细观察,这里还有些细微的事情
112.He’s got headphones on, reading the newspaper, got a hat on, glasses, got a bag.
他带着耳机,读着报纸 带着帽子,眼睛,和一个包
113.So, these little details help to make it work, make it real.
这些细节 让照片看起来更真实
114.(Music) The problem with using living people is that to take an X-ray, if I X-ray you, you get exposed to radiation.
(音乐) 如果使用活人,那麻烦的是 照射X光,如果我用X光照射你,你将暴露在辐射中
115.So, to avoid that, I have to avoid it somehow, is I use dead people.
为了避免这样的事 我必须采取一点措施 那便是用死人
116.Now, that’s a variety of things, from recently deceased bodies, to a skeleton that was used by student radiographers to train in taking X-rays of the human body,
现在,这涵盖了很多种类,从最近刚刚死去的尸体 到那些给学生的骨架 用来训练他们拍摄人体X光照片
117.at different densities.
对于不同的密度
118.(Music) I have very high-tech equipment of gloves, scissors and a bucket.
(音乐) 我有一些非常高科技的装备,手套,剪刀和一个桶子
119.(Music) I will show how the capillary action works, how it feeds, I’ll be able to get all the cells inside that stem.
(音乐) 我将展示一些微小的作用原理,它是怎样获得营养的 我将能得到这条茎里面的所有细胞
120.Because it transfers food from its roots to its leaves.
因为它将养料从根传送到叶
121.Look at this monster.
看看这个怪物
122.(Music) It’s so basic. It just grows wild.
(音乐) 它是如此的原始,它只在野外生长
123.That’s what I really like about it, the fact that I haven’t got to go and buy it, and it hasn’t been genetically modified at all.
这就是我最喜欢它的地方 事实上我不用去把它买来 它没有被作任何修饰
124.It’s just happening.
它就这么发生了
125.And the X-ray shows how beautiful nature can be.
X射线照片展现了大自然有多美
126.Not that that is particularly beautiful when you look at it with the human eye, the way the leaves form. They’re curling back on each other.
不是那个,它有很独特的美 当你用肉眼看它 树叶生长的方式,它们相互卷在一起
127.So the X-ray will show the overlaps in these little corners.
X射线将展示在这些小角落的重叠
128.The thicker the object, the more radiation it needs, and the more time it needs.
物体越厚,所需要的辐射就越多 也需要更多时间
129.The lighter the object, the less radiation.
物体越薄,需要的辐射也就越少
130.Sometimes you keep the time up, because the time gives you detail.
有时你需要掌握时间,因为时间能给你很多细节
131.The longer the exposure goes on for the more detail you get.
曝光时间越长, 你得到的细节就越多
132.(Music) If you look at this, just the tube, it is quite bright.
(音乐) 如果你看这里,这枝干 它非常明亮
133.But I could get a bit darker in the tube, but everything else would suffer.

134.So, these leaves at the edge would start to disappear.
于是,这些在边缘的叶子就开始消失了
135.What I like is how hard the edges are, how sharp.
我喜欢的是边缘有多明显 有多锐利
136.Yeah, I’m quite pleased with it.
是的,我很喜欢它
137.(Music) I travel beyond the surface and show something for what it’s worth, for what it’s really made of, how it really works.
(音乐) 我在表面之下探寻并展示 那些有价值的东西 它是如何构成的,如何运作的
138.But also I find that I’ve got the benefit of taking away all the surface, which is things that people are used to seeing.
同时我也发现 抛开表面,我能得到很多 那些人们经常见到的
139.And that’s the sort of thing I’ve been doing.
这就是我一直在做的
140.I’ve got the opportunity now to show you what I’m going to be doing in the future.
现在我得到一个机会像你展示 在将来我将做的事情
141.This is a commercial application of my most recent work.
这是我最近作品中的一个商业广告
142.And what’s good about this, I think, is that it’s like a moment in time, like you’ve turned around, you’ve got X-ray vision and you’ve taken a picture with the X-ray camera.
它好的地方是,我认为,它很像某一时刻 想你四处转转,你有了X射线视野 你用X射线相机拍了一张照片
143.Unfortunately I haven’t got X-ray vision.
不幸的是,我没有X射线视野
144.I do dream in X-ray. I see my projects in my sleep.
我做过X射线的梦,在睡梦中我看到我的项目
145.And I know what they’re going to look like in X-ray and I’m not far off.
我知道它们用X射线看起来是什么样子,而且我就在不远处
146.So, what am I doing in the future?
那么,在将来我要干什么
147.Well, this year is the 50th anniversary of Issigonis’ mini. Which is one of my favorite cars.
今年是第50周年纪念 对于Issigoni的mini车,我最爱的汽车之一
148.So, I’ve taken it apart, component by component, months and months and months of work.
于是我将它分解了,一个一个的零件 一个月又一个月的工作
149.And with this image, I’m going to be displaying it in the Victoria and Albert Museum as a light box, which is actually attached to the car.
这些图片,我将展出 在Victoria and Albert博物馆中的 就像你一个灯箱,事实上是附在汽车上的
150.So, I’ve got to saw the car in half, down the middle, not an easy task, in itself.
我从中间将车劈成两半 这本身不是一个容易的工作
151.And then, so you can get in the driver’s side, sit down, and up against you is a wall.
然后你可以进入驾驶室那一边,然后坐下 对着你的是一堵墙
152.And if you get out and walk around to the other side of the car, you see a life-sized light box of the car showing you how it works.
如果你出来,走到车的另外一边 你看到一个实物大小汽车形状的灯箱
153.And I’m going to take that idea and apply it to other sort of iconic things from my life.
我将采取这个创意 把它应用到生活中的其他象征性的事物
154.Like, my first computer was a big movement in my life.
比如,我的第一台电脑是我生活中的一个大行动
155.And I had a Mac Classic. And it’s a little box.
我有一台Mac Classic,它是一个小盒子
156.And I think that would look quite neat as an x-ray.
我认为在X光下它看上去很漂亮
157.I’m also looking to take my work from the two dimensional form to a more three dimensional form.
我也在探索 把我的作品从二维 拓展到三维
158.And this is quite a good way of doing it.
这是个相当好的方法
159.I’m also working now with x-ray video.
我现在也在制作X射线录影
160.So, if you can imagine, some of these flowers, and they’re actually moving and growing and you can film that in X-ray, should be quite stunning.
如果你能想象,这些花 他们正生长 你能用X射线拍摄下这些,那将非常棒
161.But that’s it. I’m done. Thank you very much.
好的,就是这些,非常感谢

ted演讲稿中英文对照

NicholasNegroponte_尼古拉斯.尼葛洛庞帝1984年所做的五大预言【中英文对照】

2024-4-17 10:15:52

ted演讲稿中英文对照

NielsDiffrient_重新思考我们坐的方式【中英文对照】

2024-4-17 10:16:53

0 条回复 A文章作者 M管理员
    暂无讨论,说说你的看法吧
个人中心
购物车
优惠劵
今日签到
有新私信 私信列表
搜索