1.I started juggling a long time ago, but long before that I was a golfer, and that’s what I was, a golfer.
很久以前我就开始玩杂耍, 远远早于成为高尔夫球手,是的,我是个高尔夫球手。
2.And as a golfer, and as a kid one of the things that really sort of seeped into my pores, that I sort of lived my whole life, is process.
作为一个高尔夫球手,作为一个孩子 所有让我痴迷的事物中 那些伴随我一生的事物中,有一样是”过程”。
3.And it’s the process of learning things.
学习的过程
4.One of the great things was that my father was an avid golfer, but he was lefty.
有一件很棒的事,我的父亲是个干劲十足的高尔夫球手,但他是个左撇子。
5.And he had a real passion for golf, and he also created this whole mythology about Ben Hogan and various things.
他非常热爱高尔夫球, 并且他也创造了一整套的神话 关于Ben Hogan和其他事的。
6.Well, I learned a lot about interesting things that I knew nothing about at the time, but grew to know stuff about.
是的,我认识了很多有趣的事物 在那时我什么都不认识,但在长大的过程才知道
7.And that was the mythology of skill.
那就是技巧的神话。
8.So one of the things that I love to do is to explore skill.
所以在我所喜欢做的事情里面,有一项就是摸索技巧。
9.And since Richard put me on this whole thing with music, I’m supposed to actually be doing a project with Tod Machover with the MIT media lab, it relates a lot to music.
自从Richard让我跟着音乐一起玩杂耍 我就应与Tod Machover,和MIT多媒体实验室 一起研究一个项目,它与音乐有很大的关系。
10.But Tod couldn’t come and the project is sort of somewhere, I’m not sure whether it’s happening the way we thought, or not.
但今天Tod来不了,现在这个项目进行到一定地方了 我不确定它会不会按我们所设想的那样发生
11.But I’m going to explore skill, and juggling, and basically visual music, I guess.
但是我将给大探索一下技巧,杂耍, 以及,我想,大概可被称作是可视化音乐的东西
12.OK, you can start the music, thanks.
好了,你可以开始播放那音乐了,谢谢。
13.(Music) (Applause) Thanks. Thank you. Now, juggling can be a lot of fun, play with skill and play with space, play with rhythm.
(音乐) (掌声) 谢谢。杂耍呢,可以是很有趣的。 玩技巧,玩空间,玩节奏
14.And you can turn the mike on now, I’m going to do a couple of pieces.
你现在可以把话筒打开了,我要做几段表演。
15.I do a big piece in a triangle and these are three sections from it.
用三角形内表演一个长段。 这是其中三部分
16.Part of the challenge was to try to understand rhythm and space using not just my hands — because a lot of juggling is hand-oriented —
难题的一部分是要不仅用双手 更要利用身体与双脚的节奏弄清楚节奏和空间——
17.but using the rhythm of my body and feet, and controlling the balls with my feet.
因为很多杂耍都是以手为中心 然后用我的双脚控制这些球
18.(Applause) Thanks. Now, this next section was an attempt to explore space.
(掌声) 谢谢。现在,下一部分则是尝试着去探索空间。
19.You see, I think Richard said something about people that are against something.
你看,我想Richard谈论过人们是做不到一些东西的
20.Well, a lot of people think jugglers defy gravity or do stuff.
唔,很多人都认为杂耍演员能够违背重力去完成他们的把戏
21.Well, I kind of, from my childhood and golf and all that, it’s a process of joining with forces.
而从我儿时的高尔夫球等等经历中 我知道,那是一个与力结合的过程。
22.And so what I’d like to do is try to figure out how to join with the space through the technique.
所以我所想要做的是试着去弄清楚 怎么通过技巧与空间结合起来。
23.So juggling gravity — up, down.
然后耍弄重力——上,下。
24.If you figure out what up and down really are, it’s a complex physical set of skills to be able to throw a ball down and up and everything,
如果你明白了“上”与“下”真正是什么, 那么你就知道能够将一个球扔下抛上或者怎么着, 是一系列复杂的物理技巧。
25.but then you add in sideways.
然后你还可以加上侧边的动作。
26.(Applause) Now, I look at it somewhat as a way — when you learn juggling what you learn is how to feel with your eyes, and see with your hands
(掌声) 现在,我有几分把它看作一种方法——当你学习杂耍的时候 你要学习的事怎么用你的眼睛去感受,用你的双手去观察
27.because you’re not looking at your hands, you’re looking at where the balls are or you’re looking at the audience.
因为你并不是在看着你的双手, 你所看的是球在哪里,或者是观众。
28.So this next part is really a way of understanding space and rhythm with the obvious reference to the feet.
然后下一部分就是利用双脚作为参照 去理解空间与节奏。
29.But it’s also time, where the feet were, where the balls were.
但也包括时间,双脚的位置,球的位置。
30.(Applause) Thanks. So visual music, rhythm and complexity.
(掌声) 谢谢。这就是视觉化音乐,节奏,以及它们的综合。
****************************************************************
本文来源于[育能软件] 更多更全,请登录NengSoft.com
****************************************************************
31.I’m going to build towards complexity now.
我在慢慢建立这种综合。
32.Juggling three balls is simple and normal.
摆弄三个球很简单,也很普通。
33.(Laughter) Excuse me.
(笑声) 抱歉
34.(Laughter) We’re jugglers, OK. And remember, you’re transposing, you’re getting into a subculture here.
(笑声) 好吧,我们是杂耍演员。记得,你在变位。 你现在将进入一种亚文化
35.(Laughter) And juggling the balls cross and all that.
(笑声) 玩弄着球,
36.OK, if you keep them in their assigned pass you get parallel lines different heights, but then hopefully even rhythm.
好了,如果你将他们保持在指定的路径你将得到平行的路径 不同的高度,然后,顺利的话,是一种节奏。
37.And you can change the rhythm — good Michael.
然后你可以改变节奏——Michael,谢谢
38.You can change the rhythm if you get out of the lights.
如果你从灯光出走出来的话你可以改变节奏
39.OK? Change the rhythm so it’s even.
可以吧?改变节奏让他变得有规律。
40.Or you can go back and change the height. Now, skill.
或者你可以倒回前面,改变高度。现在就是技巧了。
41.But you’re boxed in if you can only do it up and down that way.
但如果你只能上下上下的话那么你就是将自己闲置起来了。
42.So you’ve got to go after the space down there.
所以你必须在空间上有所追求。
43.OK, then you’ve got to combine them because then you have the whole spatial palette in front of you.
好了,之后你得把它们组合起来 因为你前面有一整个宽敞的舞台。
44.And then you get crazy.
然后你就疯起来了。
45.(Applause) Now, I’m actually going to ask you to try something so you’ve got to pay attention. Complexity, if you spend enough time doing something time slows down
(掌声) 现在,我得让你尝试一些东西 好让你必须集中你的注意力——复合, 如果你花足够时间做某件事情的话,那么时间会减慢,
46.or your skill increases, so your perceptions change.
或者你的技巧提升了,所以你的感知会发生变化。
47.It’s learning skills like being in a high-speed car crash.
这是学习的技巧,就像处于汽车高速碰撞之中一样。
48.Things slow down as you learn, as you learn, as you learn.
做事情的速度有减慢,随着你的不断学习。
49.You may not be able to affect it, it almost drifts on you, it goes.
你可能无法影响它,它几乎漂在你身上,它会变化。
50.But that’s the closest approximation I can have to it.
这是我能做得最接近的一个比喻
51.So complexity. Now, how many here are jugglers?
所以,复杂性。那么现在这里有多少的杂耍者?
52.OK, so most of you are going to have a similar reaction to this.
好吧,你们中间大部分人都会对此有相似的反应。
53.OK? And whoever laughed there — You understood it completely, right?
不对么,那边笑的人 你们彻底明白了,对吗?
54.(Laughter) No, it looks like a mess. It looks like a mess with a guy there who’s got his hands around that mess, OK.
笑声 不对,这看起来很混乱 就像一个人两手混乱一样。
55.Well, that’s what juggling is about, right?
恩,这就是所谓的杂耍,你们说呢
56.It’s being able to do something that other people can’t do or can’t understand.
就是做一些别人做不到或者不能理解的事情
57.All right. So that’s one way of doing it, which is five balls down.
好的。所以这是杂耍的一种方式,5个球向下。
58.OK? Another way is the outside.
另一种花样,向外
59.And you could play with the rhythm.
并且你可以跟着节奏一起玩
60.Same pattern.
同一个花样
****************************************************************
本文来源于[育能软件] 更多更全,请登录NengSoft.com
****************************************************************
61.Make it faster and smaller.
做得更快,范围更小,
62.Make it wider.
更宽
63.Make it narrower.
或者做得更窄
64.Bring it back up.
把球拿回来
65.OK. It’s done. Thanks.
好了,结束,谢谢
66.(Applause) Now, what I wanted to get to is that you’re all very bright, very tactile.
鼓掌 现在,我想说的是你们都很聪明,很有触动
67.I have no idea how computer oriented or three-dimensionally oriented you are, but let’s try something.
我不知道你们的逻辑性和三维空间感有多强, 不管怎么样,让我们来尝试一下一些东西
68.OK, so since you all don’t understand what the five-ball pattern is I’m going to give you a little clue.
好,因为你们不了解什么是五球花样 我将会给你们一些提示
69.Enough of a clue? So you get the pattern, right? OK.
这个提示够吧,你们应该知道这个花样的套路了对么。。好
70.(Laughter) You’re not getting off that easy. All right?
笑声 还是没那么容易明白吧,好吧
71.Now, do me a favor. Follow the ball that I ask you to follow.
现在,帮我个忙,看着我要你们看的那个球
72.Green.
绿色的
73.Yellow.
黄色的
74.Pink.
粉色的
75.White.
白色的
76.OK, you can do that? Yeah? OK.
好了,现在你们能做到了。。很好
77.Now, let’s actually learn something.
现在让我们真正得学点东西吧
78.Actually, let me put you in that area of learning, which is very insecure.
实际上,我会把你们带到一个很危险的学习区域
79.You want to do it? Yeah? OK.
你们想学么,好,很好
80.Hands out in front of you. Palms up. Together.
把手拿出来放在身前,并且摊开
81.What you’re going to learn is this.
你们要学的就是这样
82.(Laughter) OK? So what I want you to do is just listen to me and do it.
笑声 好吗?我想让你们做的就是听我说,然后照着做
83.Index finger, middle finger, ring, little.
食指,中指,无名指,小指
84.Little, ring, middle, index. And then open.
小指,无名指,中指,食指,然后打开
85.Finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger.
手指,手指,手指…………
86.A little bit faster.
加快一点
87.Finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger.
手指,手指,手指…………
88.Finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger.
手指,手指,手指…………
89.(Laughter) All right. A lot of different learning processes going on in here.
笑声 好吧,很多不同的学习过程在这里都有了
90.(Laughter) One learning process that I see is this — (Laughter) OK. Another learning process that I see is this — (Laughter) OK. So everybody take a deep breath in, breath out. OK.
笑声 一个学习过程我看到的是这样的 笑声 好吧,另外一个是这样的 笑声 好了,大家深呼吸,吸气~呼气~
91.Now, one more time, and — Finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger. Open.
现在,再来一次 手指,手指,手指…………打开
92.Finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger. OK.
手指,手指,手指…………
93.Shake your hands out.
甩甩你的手
94.Now, I assume a lot of you spend a lot of time at a computer?
现在,我想你们很多人都在电脑上花了很多时间?
95.OK? So what you’re doing is, you’re going la, la, la, and you’re getting this. OK?
所以,你们经常做的就“滴滴答答”(动动手) 然后你看屏幕
96.So that’s exactly what I’m going to ask you to do but in a slightly different way. You’re going to combine it.
这些正是我将要叫你们去做的 但是有一点点不同,我们将把他们结合起来
97.So what I want you to do is fingers.
我要你们做的就是动动手指
98.I’ll tell you what to do with your fingers, same thing.
我会告诉你们怎么用你们的手指,跟刚才一样
99.But I want you to do is also with your eyes, is follow the colored ball that I ask you to follow.
另外我还会要求你们同时用自己的眼睛 去盯着那些被我提到的有颜色的球
100.(Laughter) OK? Here we go.
笑声 好了,我们开始吧
101.So we’re going to start off looking at the white ball — and I’m going to tell you which color, and I’m also going to tell you to go with your fingers. OK?
我们首先将从看这个白色的球开始 然后我会告诉你哪种颜色 同时我还会告诉你动气手指来。好了吗?
102.So white ball and — Finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger. Pink.
那么白球~ 手指,手指,手指…………,粉色球
103.Finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger. Green.
手指,手指,手指…………绿色球
104.Finger, finger, finger, finger. Yellow.
手指,手指,手指…………黄色球
105.Finger, finger, finger, finger, pink or finger.
手指,手指,手指…………粉色球 或者 继续
106.Pink, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger, finger.
粉色球。。手指,手指,手指…………
107.All right.
笑声
108.(Applause) How did you do? Well? OK. The reason I wanted you to do this is because that’s actually what most people face throughout their lives,
掌声 你们学得怎么样?不错么? 好吧,我让你们做这个是因为 这是绝大多数人在人生中都要面对的
109.a moment of learning, a moment of challenge.
学习的那一刻,挑战的那一瞬间
110.It’s a moment that you can’t make sense of.
这是一个你觉得很有挫败感的瞬间。
111.Why the hell should I learn this? OK?
见鬼我为什么要学这个呢
112.Does it really have anything to do with anything in my life?
这些东西跟我的生活会真的有什么关系么。
113.You know, I can’t decipher — is it fun? Is it challenging? Am I supposed to cheat?
你知道,我解释不了。 是乐趣?是挑战?还是我打算行骗?
114.(Laughter) You know, what are you supposed to do?
笑声 那你打算怎么做呢?
115.You’ve got somebody up here who’s the operative principle of doing that for his whole life. OK?
你知道有人用有效的的原理 用一辈子的时间来做那个。对吧?
116.Trying to figure that stuff out. But is it going to get you anywhere?
努力把它想清楚。但是它真的在哪里难倒你了吗?
117.It’s just a moment. That’s all it is, a moment. OK?
这仅仅是某一瞬间,仅仅如此
118.I’m going to change the script for one second. Just let me do this.
我要改点今天演讲的内容,让我这么做吧
119.I don’t need music for it. Talking about time in a moment.
对它我不需要音乐,话说某一时刻中的时间
120.There’s a piece that I recently developed which was all about that, a moment. And what I do as a creative artist is I develop vocabularies or languages of moving objects.
我有一段表演,这是我最近研究出来的,关于那个的 瞬间。作为一个创意艺术家, 我所做的是开发了关于运动物体的词汇或语言。
121.What I’ve done for you here, I developed a lot of those tricks and I put the choreography together, but they’re not original techniques.
在此,我已为你们做了的是开发了很多那样的戏法 同时我把它们编成了舞蹈, 但是它们不是原本的技巧。
122.Now, I’m going to start showing you some original techniques that come from the work that I’ve developed. OK?
现在,我会向大家显示一些原始的技巧 他们来自我所开发的作品。
123.So, a moment, how would you define a moment?
一个瞬间,你们怎么定义一个瞬间呢
124.Well, as a juggler what I wanted to do was create something that was representational of a moment.
是的,作为一个杂耍者我要做的是弄点花样出来 能很生动形象得表示一个瞬间
125.Aaargghhh.
啊(大吼)
126.All right, I’m going to get on my knees and do it.
那么,我将跪下,然后开始
127.So, a moment.
好,一个瞬间
128.(Rattling) OK? And then what I did as a juggler was say OK, what can I do to make that something that is dependent on something else, another dynamic.
沙沙声 作为一个杂耍者我所做的是 我能做什么可以使某个 和其他事物互相依赖的事物成为又一个动态过程。
129.(Rattling) So, a moment.
沙沙声 你看,一个瞬间
130.(Rattling) Another moment.
沙沙声 另一个瞬间
131.(Rattling) Excuse me, still getting there. A moment that travels.
沙沙声 不好意思,还是那样。一个流逝的瞬间。
132.(Rattling) A moment — no, we’ll try that again. It separates, and comes back together.
沙沙声 不,再来一次。分开,在回来一起
133.Time. How can you look at time?
时间,你们怎么分辨时间
134.And what do you dedicate it to in exploring a particular thing?
并且,你那什么去研究意见特定的事情
135.Well, obviously there’s something in here, and you can all have a guess as to what it is.
显然还是有那么一些东西存在的 你们可以猜猜到底是什么
136.There’s a mystery. There’s a mystery in the moment.
是一个秘密,一个藏在一段时间内的秘密。
137.And it has to settle. And then it’s dependent on something else.
并且必须被解开,他是依赖于另外的一种基础之上的
138.Poof — and then it comes to rest. Just a little thing about time.
啪 – 然后停止,只是关于时间的一些小事
139.Now, this has expanded into a much bigger piece because I use ramps of different parabolas that I roll the balls on while I’m keeping time with this.
现在我们来扩展出更多内容 因为我玩这些球的时候用不同的抛物轨道 同时我和这个保持节拍。
140.But I just thought I’d talk about a moment.
只是我刚刚想说关于MONENT的东西
141.(Applause) All right. OK. Can we show the video of the triangle?
掌声 那么,现在我们能放那个三角的视频了么?
142.Are we ready to do that? Yes?
我们做好准备去做那个了么?对么
143.This is the piece that I told you about.
这就是我已经告诉大家的
144.It’s a much bigger piece that I do exploring the space of a geometric triangle.
这是一部更大的一个项目,我做了一个对集合三角空间的探索
145.(Applause) Thanks. The only thing I’ll say about the last session is, you ever try juggling and driving the car with your knees at 120 miles an hour?
掌声 谢谢,我对最后一个环节唯一要说的是 你曾经试过一边玩杂耍 一边用膝盖以每小时120英里的速度开车么
146.(Laughter) The only other thing that was a real shock, I always drove motorcycles. And when I bought my first car it shocked me that it cost three times more than my parents’ house. Interesting.
笑声 另外唯一令我震惊的事是 我以前常开摩托车,当我买了第一辆车时我被吓到了 这车比我爸妈的房子要贵三倍以上,很搞笑
147.Anyway, balance — constant movement to find an approach to stillness.
不说了,平衡 用平稳的移动来得到静止
148.Cheating.
那是作弊
149.(Laughter) Balance — making up the rules so you can’t cheat, so you learn to approach stillness with different parts of your body.
笑声 平衡—制定规则使你无法作弊 所以你们要学会用身体的不同部位去找到静止点
150.To have a conversation with it. To speak. To listen.
与之对话,去说,去听
151.(Laughter) Hup. Now, it’s dependent on rhythm and keeping a center of balance when it falls, going underneath.
笑声 哈,现在,靠得是节奏 并在它要倒下的时候保持中心得平衡,到下面去接。
152.So there’s a rhythm to it.
所以对于平衡来说有一个节奏。
153.The rhythm can get much smaller.
这种节奏可以变得很小
154.As your skill increases you learn to find those tinier spaces, those tinier movements. Thanks.
当你的技巧越来越高,你会发现更小的空间 更小的移动,谢谢
155.(Applause) Now, I’m going to show you the beginnings of a piece that is about balance in some ways, and also — oh, actually, if you’re bored, not here, here’s one use for it.
掌声 现在,我将会给大家展示这个作品的开端。 从某方面说是跟平衡有关的,同时也是…… 喔~,实际上,如果你很无聊。不是这里,我们用这个
156.(Laughter) You can go with the sticks one music.
笑声 也可以用后的这个棍子,音乐
157.(Music) (Applause) Thanks. That has a certain kind of balance to it which is all about plumb.
音乐 掌声 谢谢,这包含了某一种特定关于垂直的平衡
158.I apprenticed with a carpenter, and learned about plumb, square and level.
我当过木匠学徒,学了关于垂直,平凡和水平。
159.And they influenced that and this next piece, which I’ll do a little segment of.
他们影响了下一个我要说的章节,这章我要分开来说。
160.Two sticks, you can go with it. Thanks.
2跟棍子,我们开始。。谢谢。
161.Which is again exploring space, or the lines in space.
这次探索空间,或者空间里的线条
162.(Music) (Applause) Working with space and the lines in space in a different way.
音乐 掌声 跟空间还有空间里的线条打交道的方法是不一样的
163.Oh, let’s see here.
来,看这个
164.(Applause) So, I’ll come back to that in a second. But working with one ball, now, what if you attach something to it, or change it.
掌声 那么,等我一会儿,这次来玩一个球 现在,如果你附加一个东西,或者改变它。
165.This is a little thing that I made because I really like the idea of curves and balls together.
这是我做得小改变 因为我真得很喜欢吧球和曲线放在一起的感觉
166.And then creating space and the rhythm of space using the surface of the balls, the surface of the arms.
然后创造一个空间和空间里的节奏 用球的表便和手臂的表面
167.Just a little toy. Which leads me to the next thing, which is — what have I got here? OK. All right.
只是个小玩意儿,但是把我带入下面一个东西 那就是…… 我们这里有什么?很好
168.I’m actually leading up to something, the newest thing that I’m working on. This is not it.
我很快就能找到它了 我玩得最新的玩意儿,不是这个,
169.This is exploring geometry and the rhythm of shape.
这是探索几何空间和空间的节奏的
170.(Applause) Now, what I just did was I worked with the mathematics, the diameter and the circumference.
掌声 现在,我刚刚做的是通过数学, 直径和周长来起作用的。
171.Sometimes these pieces are mathematical in that way that I look at a shape and say, what about if I use this and this and this.
有时候这些表演是与数学有关的,在某个方面, 这个方面就是我看着一个形状并且说,如果我用这个,这个和这个,会怎样。
172.Sometimes what happens in life affects my choice of objects that I try to work with.
有时候生活中所发生的事会影响我对于 要试着运用的物体的选择。
173.The next piece that I’m going to do, which is the cylinders piece if you want to get that up.
我要做的下一段表演是气罐表演 如果你要这么说的话。
174.It has to do with cylinder seals from about 5,000 years ago which were stones with designs that were used to roll over wet clay with all sorts of great designs. I love ceramics and all of that.
这个从5000年前开始就和气罐封口有关。 它过去是石头,设计曾经用来翻转湿粘土, 做出各种设计。我爱制陶术以及所有的相关的一切。
175.It’s a combination of that, the beauty of that, the shape, and the stories that were involved in it as well as the fact that they protected the contents.
那是个组合,是种美,是外形, 以及所涉及的故事 和它们保护内存物的事实。
176.The second influence on this piece came from recycling and looking into a tin can recycling bin and seeing all that beautiful emptiness.
这段表演的第二个影响来自回收 并且查看铁罐回收箱 以及看它们都很好地空置着。
177.So, if you want to go with the music for cylinders.
因此,如果你想配着音乐用气罐表演。
178.(Music) (Applause) Talking about geometry and everything, if you take the circle and you split it in half.
音乐 鼓掌 说起几何学和所有的事, 如果你有一个圈并且你把它分成两半。
179.Can you run S-curve music?
你能用S线的音乐吗?
180.I’m going to do just a short version of it.
我来做这样的一小段。
181.Circles split in half and rotated, and mythology.
圆圈分成两半并且旋转,然后
182.(Music) (Applause) Anyway, that piece also has a kinetic sculpture in the middle of it and I dance around a small stage so — two minutes, just to end? The latest piece that I’m working on —
音乐 鼓掌 不管如何,这段表演也有力学模型在里面 而且我绕着一个小的舞台跳,所以 2分钟,就结束了? 我正在做的最后一段
183.what I love is that I never know what I’m working on, why I’m working on it.
也是我喜欢的一点是我从来都不知道我在做什么,为什么我要做
184.They’re not ideas, they’re instincts.
它们不是想法,它们是本能。
185.And the latest thing that I’m working on — (Clattering) is something really — I don’t know what it is yet.
我在做的最新的事是 谈笑声 一些真的我还不知道是什么的事。
186.And that’s good. I like not to know for as long as possible.
这样好。我喜欢尽可能久的不知道。
187.Well, because then it tells me the truth, instead of me imposing the truth.
因为之后它会告诉我事实, 而不是我强求事实。
188.And what it is, is working with both positive and negative space but also with these curves.
它是什么呢, 它是同时对正负空间起作用 而且有曲线。
189.And what it involves, and I don’t know if my hands are too beaten up to do it or not, but I’ll do a little bit of it.
同时它所涉及的, 和我不知道是否我的双手技术太差而无法做, 但是我会做一小段。
190.It initially started off with me stacking these things, bunches of them, and then playing with the sense of space, of filling in the space. And then it started changing,
最初从我堆叠这些东西开始, 有很多个,然后玩转空间, 玩转填补空间。然后开始变化,
191.and become folding on themselves.
并且编成它们自己折叠。
192.And then changing levels.
然后改变程度。
193.Because my attempt is to make visual instruments, not to just make — I’ll try one other thing.
因为我的目的是做视觉工具, 不仅仅是做-我要试另一个东西。
194.For work in three dimensions, with your perceptions of space and time.
为了在三维空间做,用你对空间和时间的领悟。
195.Now, I don’t know exactly where it’s going but I’ve got a bit of effort involved in this thing.
现在,我无法明确知道它要怎么走 但是我已经努力融入它。
196.And it’s going to change as I go through it.
它即将随着我的参与而改变。
197.But I really like, it feels right.
不过我真的喜欢,我感觉对的。
198.This may not be the right shape, and I’ll look at this shape and then I’ll show you the first design I ever put to it just to see, just to play,
这可能不是正确的形状,我会看着这个形状 然后我会展示给你们我用它做的第一个设计 就看,就玩,
199.because I love all different kinds of things to play with.
因为我喜欢玩转各种不一样的东西。
200.Let’s see here.
我们看这里。
201.To work with the positive and negative in a different way.
用不同的方式主动地和被动地玩。
202.And to change, and to change.
并且变化,同时变化。
203.So I’m off in my new direction with this to explore rhythm and space.
所以我又开始在探索节奏与空间上寻求新的方向
204.We’ll see what I come up with. Thanks for having me.
我们会看到我所得出的东西。谢谢你们听我的演讲。
暂无讨论,说说你的看法吧