MathieuLehanneur_由科学启发的设计【中英文对照】

1.One morning, in the year 1957, the neurosurgeon Walter Penfield saw himself like this, a weird freak with huge hands, huge mouth, and a tiny bottom.
1957年的一个早上 神经外科医生Walter Penfield 看到了这样的自己: 一个长着巨掌 大嘴 臀部极小的怪物
2.Actually this creature is the result of the Penfield research.
实际上,这个生物 是Penfield研究的结果
3.He named it homunculus.
他将其命名为“矮人”
4.Basically the homunculus is the visualization of a human being where each part of the body is proportional to the surface it takes in the brain.
本质上,这个矮人就是 按照人类 身体各部分在大脑皮层中 所占的比例制作而成的一个可视化形象
5.So, of course, homunculus is definitely not a freak.
所以,这个矮人当然绝非一个怪物
6.It’s you. It’s me.
它是你,也是我
7.It’s our invisible reality.
它是我们看不到的现实
8.This visualization could explain, for example, why newborns, or smokers, put, instinctively, their fingers in the mouth.
例如,这个可视化的形象能够解释 为什么新生儿,或者吸烟者 会本能地把手指放进嘴里
9.Unfortunately it doesn’t explain why so many designers remain mainly interested in designing chairs.
不幸的是,它无法解释为什么 如此多的设计者仍然将他们的主要兴趣 放在设计椅子上
10.So anyway, even if I do not understand science entirely, for my design, I essentially refer to it.
不管怎样,即使我并非完全了解科学 但是在我的设计中,我基本上参考了科学原理
11.I’m fascinated by its ability to deeply investigate the human being, its way of working, its way of feeling.
我着迷于科学的这种 深刻研究人类的能力 以及它运作及感知的方式
12.And it really helps me to understand how we see, how we hear, how we breathe, how our brain can inform or mislead us.
并且它的确帮助我理解了 我们是如何去看,去听 去呼吸,我们的大脑是如何引导或误导我们
13.It’s a great tool for me to understand what could be our real needs.
这是一个极好的工具,它帮助我 理解什么才是我们真正的需要
14.Marketing people have never been able to do that.
营销者绝对没有能力做这样的事
15.Marketing reduces things. Marketing simplifies.
营销减少事物,简化事物
16.Marketing creates user groups.
营销创造用户群
17.And scientists, amidst complexity, amidst fluctuation, and uniqueness.
但是科学家却处于复杂性 波动性和独特性之中
18.What could be our real needs?
我们真正需要的是什么呢?
19.Maybe the silence.
也许就是安静
20.In our daily life we are continuously disturbed by aggressive sounds.
在我们的日常生活中我们总是被 侵略性的声音所打扰
21.And you know all those kind of sound puts us in a kind of stressful state, and prevent us from being quiet and focused.
而且所有的这些声音使我们 处于一种压力状态 这些声音使我们烦躁,无法精力集中
22.So I wanted to create a kind of sound filter, able to preserve ourselves from noise pollution.
所以我想制造出一种 声音过滤器 这种仪器能够使我们远离噪声污染
23.But I didn’t want it to make it by isolating people, without any earmuffs or those kind of things.
但是我并不想让这个设计将人 隔离开来,所以它没有任何耳塞 或其他诸如此类的东西
24.Or neither with including complex technology.
这个设计也没有使用复杂的技术
25.I just wanted to, using the complexity and the technology of the brain, of the human brain.
我只是想用人类大脑的复杂性 及技术性来制作
26.So I worked with white noise.
因此,我研究了白噪音
27.D.B. is basically — D.B. is the name of the product, basically a white noise diffuser.
D.B.基本上, D.B.是这个产品的名字,实际上 它是一个白噪音的扩散器
28.This is white noise.
这就是白噪音
29.The white noise is the sum of all frequencies that are audible by the human being, brought to the same intensity.
白噪音是将所有 人类可听到的声音频率 以相同强度叠加的结果
30.and this noise is like a “shhhhhhhhhhhhh,” like that.
就像这种“shhhhhhhhhhh”声
****************************************************************
本文来源于[育能软件]   更多更全,请登录NengSoft.com
****************************************************************
31.And this noise is the most neutral.
这种声音是最中性的
32.It is the perfect sound for our ears and our brain.
对于我们的耳朵和大脑来说它是最完美的声音
33.So when you hear this sound you feel like a kind of shelter, preserved from noise pollution.
所以当你听到这种声音时 你感觉它像一个庇护所 使你不受噪音污染
34.And when you hear the white noise your brain is immediately focused on it.
而且当你听到白噪音时,你的大脑马上就会专注于这个声音
35.And do not be disturbed any more by the other aggressive sound.
而不会被其他侵略性的声音所吸引
36.It seems to be magic.
这看起来很神奇
37.But it is just physiology. It’s just in your brain.
但其实不过是一种生理机能,它就在你的大脑中
38.And in mine, I hope.
希望也在我的大脑中
39.So in order to make this white noise a little bit active and reactive, I create a ball, a rolling ball able to analyze and find where does aggressive sound come from,
因此为了让这种白噪音 略微活跃一些,并且更有反应性 我做了一个球,一个可以滚动的球 它可以分析并找出 侵略性声音的来源,
40.and roll, at home or at work, towards aggressive noise, and emits white noise in order to neutralize it.
无论是在家还是在工作,这个球会 朝着侵略性声音来源的方向滚动 并释放出白噪音来中和它
41.(Laughter) It works.
(笑声) 它的确有效
42.You feel the affect of the white noise?
你感受到白噪音的影响了吗?
43.It’s too in silence.
这儿太安静了
44.If you make some noise you can feel the affect.
如果你制造一些噪音,你就能感受到这个效果
45.So even if this object, even if this product includes some technology, it includes some speakers, it includes some microphones, and some electronic devices,
虽然这个设计 虽然这个产品使用了一些技术—— 它装有音箱,麦克风 和一些电子设备——
46.this object is not a very smart object.
但这并非是一个非常智能的设计
47.And I don’t want to make a very smart object.
我也并不想制造出一个非常智能的设计
48.I don’t want to create a perfect object like a perfect robot.
我并不想制造出一个像机器人那样完美的设计
49.I want to create an object like you and me.
我想创造出一个就像你我一样的设计
50.So, definitely not perfect.
所以,它绝对不是完美的
51.So imagine, for instance, you are at home.
那么设想,比如你在家
52.A loving dispute with your girl or boyfriend.
跟你的男朋友或女朋友争论
53.You shout. You say, “Blah blah blah, Blah blah blah. Who is this guy?”
你会大喊,你会说:“哇啦哇啦。哇啦哇啦。这个人是谁?”
54.And D.B. will probably roll toward you.
这时D.B.将会向你滚过来
55.And turning around you is “shhhhhhhhhhhhh,” like that.
然后在你周围转圈发出”shhhhhhh”声,就像那样
56.(Laughter) Definitely not perfect. So you would probably shut it, at this point.
(笑声) 绝对不完美,所以你很有可能 因此而把它踢走
57.(Laughter) Anyway, in this same kind of approach I designed K.
(笑声) 不管怎样,以同样的方式 我设计出了K
58.K is a daylight receiver transmitter.
K是一个日光接受传送器
59.So this object is supposed to be displayed on your desk, or on your piano, where you are supposed to spend most of your time in the day.
这一设计可以摆在你的书桌 或者钢琴上,即任何一个 你会待上很长时间的地方
60.And this object will be able to know exactly the quantity of light you receive during the day, and able to give you the quantity of light you need.
这个设计能够 具体感知你一天内接受的光照量 然后能提供给你所需的光量
****************************************************************
本文来源于[育能软件]   更多更全,请登录NengSoft.com
****************************************************************
61.This object is completely covered by fiber opticals.
这一设计完全由 光学纤维覆盖
62.And the idea of those fiber opticals is to inform the object, for sure, but creates the idea of an eye sensibility of the object.
这些光学纤维用来将信息传递给仪器 同时充当了这个仪器 的可视眼
63.I want, by this design, feel, when you see it, you see, instinctively, this object seems to be very sensitive, very reactive.
我希望这个设计 能够使你看到它的时候 本能地感到 它是非常敏感 非常活跃的
64.And this object know, better than you, and probably before you, what you really need.
而且它比你自己还了解你 很可能在你之前就知道你真正需要什么
65.You have to know that the lack of daylight can provoke some problem of energy, or problem of libido.
要知道缺乏阳光 能够导致一些 能量或者性欲的问题
66.So, a huge problem.
总之,很严重的问题
67.(Laughter) Most of the projects I work on — I live in calibration with scientists.
(笑声) 我所研发的大部分项目 是与科学家共同完成的
68.I’m just a designer. So I need them.
我只是个设计者 所以我需要他们
69.So there can be some biologists, psychiatrists, mathematicians, and so on.
其中有生物学家 心理学家,数学家等等
70.And I submit them, my intuitions, my hypothesis, my first ideas.
我会告诉他们我的直觉 我的假说 以及我最初的想法
71.And they react. They told me what is possible, what is impossible.
他们回应我,告诉我什么是可能的  什么是不可能的
72.And together we improve the original concept.
然后我们一起改进原有的观念
73.And we build the project to the end.
最终完成这个项目
74.And this kind of relationship between designer and scientist start when I was at school.
这种设计者和科学家之间的关系 始于我上学的时候
75.Early in my studies I was guinea pig for pharmaceutical industry.
在我刚上学时 我当过 药物工业的实验小鼠
76.And the irony for me was of course, I didn’t do that for the sake of science progress.
对我来说讽刺的是 我做这些当然并非为了科学进步
77.I just do that to make money.
我只是想赚钱
78.Anyway, this project, or this experience, make me start a new project on the design of medicine.
不管怎样,这个项目,或者说这个实验 使我开始了一项新的医药设计
79.You have to know that today, roughly one or two every drug pills is not taken correctly.
现在大家知道,每种药都有一两片 没有被正确服用
80.So even if the active constituents in pharmaceuticals made constant progress in terms of chemistry, target, of stability, the behavior of the patients
因此虽然药物当中的有效成分 在化学,目标及稳定性方面 得到持续的改进 病人的行为
81.goes more and more unstable.
却变得越来越不稳定
82.So we took too many of them.
我们服用的药物越来越多
83.We took irregular dosage.
药量也不固定
84.We do not follow instructions. And so on.
我们开始不遵医嘱,等等
85.So I wanted to create new kind of medicine, in order to create a new kind of relationship between the patient and the treatment.
所以我想制造出 新型的药品 从而在病人和药物之间 建立起新的关系
86.So I turned normal pills into this.
因此我把普通的药片变成这样
87.I’m going to give you some example.
下面我给大家看几个例子
88.This one is an antibiotic.
这是一种抗生素类药
89.And its purpose is to help patient to go to the end of the treatment.
这种药用于帮助病人 完成疗程
90.And the concept is to create a kind of onion, a kind of structure in layers.
我的设计理念就是 将其制成洋葱状 拥有多层结构
91.So, you start with the darkest one.
你从颜色最深的一层开始服用
92.And you are helped to visualize the duration of the treatment.
它帮助你将治疗过程可视化
93.And you are helped to visualize the decrease of the infection.
同时也帮你将感染痊愈的过程可视化
94.So the first day, this is the big one.
第一天,服用大的那层
95.And you have to peel and eat one layer a day.
每天剥一层吃
96.And your antibiotic goes smaller and clearer.
你的抗生素药就会越来越小,颜色也越来越浅
97.And you’re waiting for recovery as you were waiting for the Christmas day.
你就像等待圣诞节一样 等待着康复
98.And you follow the treatment like that, to the end of the treatment.
通过这样的方式遵循疗程 直到结束
99.And here you can get the white core.
最终你就可以服用核心的白色抗生素
100.And it means, right, you are in the recovery.
这就意味着,对,你处于康复状态
101.(Applause) Thank you. (Applause) This one is a “third lung,”
(掌声)谢谢(掌声) 这个设计叫做“第三个肺”
102.a pharmaceutical device for long-term asthma treatment.
是一种用于长期哮喘治疗的药物设计
103.I designed to help kids to following the treatment.
我设计它来帮助孩子按疗程治疗
104.So the idea of this one is to create a relationship between the patient of the treatment but a relationship of dependency.
这个想法就是要在病人 和药物之间建立起一种关系 即一种依赖关系
105.But in this case it is not the medication that is dependent on the patient.
不过在这种情况中并非是药物依赖于病人
106.This is the kids will feel the therapeutic object need him.
这个孩子会感到 这个治疗仪器需要他
107.So the idea is, all night long the elastic skin of the third lung will slowly inflate itself, including air and molecules, for sure.
设计理念是在一整夜当中 “第三个肺”的弹力表层 会慢慢膨胀起来 里面充满了空气和药物分子
108.And when the kids wake up He can see the object need him. And he take him to his mouth, and breath the air it contains.
当孩子醒来时 他会看到这个仪器需要他,然后他就把这个仪器拿到嘴边 吸取其中的空气
109.So by this way, the kid, to take care of himself, is to take care of this living object.
通过这种方式 孩子就可以通过照顾这个仿真的仪器 来照顾自己
110.And he do not feels anymore it’s relies on asthma treatment, as the asthma treatment needs him.
这样他再也不会感到自己在依赖哮喘药物 而是哮喘药物在依赖他
111.(Applause) In this guise of living object approach, I like the idea of a kind of invisible design.
(掌声) 在这种模拟生命物体的方法中, 我喜欢这种无形设计的理念
112.As if the function of the object exists in a kind of invisible field just around the objects themselves.
该设计的功能仿佛 存在于无形之地 而这无形之地就在该设计的周围
113.We could talk about a kind of soul, of a ghost compelling them.
我们可以说有某种灵魂般的存在 在操纵它们
114.And almost a kind of poltergeist effect.
这几乎是一种恶作剧的效果
115.So when a passive object like this one, seems to be alive, because it is starting to move.
因此像这样一台被动的仪器,会看起来像有生命 因为它在运动
116.And I remember, an exhibition design, I made for John Maeda, and for the Foundation Cartier in Paris.
我还记得我曾为John Maeda 和巴黎的Cartier基金会 所做的展览设计
117.And John Maeda was supposed to show several graphic animations in this exhibition.
John Maeda想要在这次展览中 展出一些动画片
118.And my idea for this exhibition design was to create a real pong game, like this one.
对于这个展览设计,我的理念是制造出 一个真正的弹球游戏,像这样
119.And the idea was to create some self-moving benches in the main exhibition room.
这个想法就是在主展厅中 制造出一些自主移动的长椅
120.So the living benches would be exactly like the ball.
使这些活的长椅恰好同那个球一模一样
121.And John was so excited by this idea. He said to me, “Okay let’s go.”
John对这个想法很兴奋,他跟我说:“好,我们就这么办吧。”
122.I remember the day of the opening.
我记得开展的那天
123.I was a little bit late.
我去的有点儿晚
124.When I bring the 10 living and self-moving benches in the exhibition room, John was just beside me, and was like, “Hmm.  Hmm.”
当我把这10个自主移动的长椅 放到展厅中时,John就站在我旁边 发出“嗯,嗯”的声音
125.And he told me, after a long silence, “I wonder, Mathieu, if people won’t be more fascinated by your benches than by my videos.”
沉默了很长时间之后,他跟我说 “Mathieu,我不知道人们会不会 对你的长椅比对我的视频 还要感兴趣。”
126.(Laughter) It would be a great honor, a great compliment for me, if he hadn’t decided to take all them off two hour before the opening.
(笑声) 如果他没有决定在开展2小时之前 撤掉这10个长椅 这段话会被我当成极大的荣誉与恭维
127.So, huge tragedy.
可最终成了巨大的悲剧
128.I guess you won’t be surprised if I tell you that Pinocchio is one of my great influences.
我猜如果我告诉你们匹诺曹是对我影响极深的人之一 你们一定不会惊讶
129.Pinocchio is probably one of my best design products, my favorite one.
匹诺曹是我最好的设计之一,也是我最喜欢的一个设计
130.Because it is kind of object with a conscience, able to be modified by its surroundings, and able to modify it as well.
因为它是一种有感知的设计 它能够被周围环境所改变 也能改变周围的环境
131.The other great influence is the mine’s canary.
另一个对我影响极大的就是矿场的金丝雀
132.In coal mines, this canary was supposed to be close to the miners.
在煤矿场,这种金丝雀 会与矿工紧密相伴
133.And it was singing all day long. And when it stops it means that it just died.
它一整天都在鸣叫,当它停止鸣叫就意味着它死了
134.So this canary was a leaving alarm, and very efficient one.
所以这金丝雀是撤离的警报 而且是非常有效的警报
135.A very natural technology, in order to say to the miners, “The air is too bad. You have to go. It’s an emergency.”
一种非常天然的技术 用于告知矿工 “空气状况很糟。你必须离开。这是紧急情况”
136.So it’s, for me, a great product.
因此对我来说,这是一个伟大的产品
137.And I tried to design a kind of canary.
所以我尝试设计一种金丝雀
138.Andrea is one.
Andrea是其中之一
139.Andrea is a living air filter that absorbs toxic gasses from air, contaminated indoor air.
它是一种有生命的空气过滤器 吸收空气中的有毒气体,包括室内气体
140.So it uses some plants to do this job, selected for their gas-filtering ability.
它根据植物过滤空气的能力 来选择一些植物完成这项工作
141.You have to know, or you probably already know that indoor air pollution is more toxic than outdoor one.
你要知道,也许你已经知道 室内空气污染的毒性比室外的大得多
142.So while I’m talking to you, the seat you are sit on are currently emitting some invisible and odorless toxic gas. Sorry for that.
当我对你们讲话的时候 你们所坐的椅子上正释放出一些 隐形无臭的有毒气体  抱歉提到这些
143.So you are currently breathing formaldehyde.
所以你现在正在吸入甲醛
144.It’s the same for me with the carpet.
对我来说就是吸着地毯上的甲醛
145.And this is exactly the same at home.
家里的空气同样如此
146.Because all the product we get constantly give away the volatile component of which they’re made of.
因为我们买到的所有产品都在持续的释放 它们组成成分中的挥发性物质
147.So let’s have a look at your home.
让我们看看你的家
148.So your sofa, your plastic chair, your kid’s toys give their own invisible reality. And this one is very toxic.
你的沙发,塑料椅子 孩子的玩具 实际上他们的毒性都是不可见的,但是其毒性非常大
149.This is the reason why I created, with David Edward, a scientist of Harvard University, an object able to absorb the toxic elements using those kind of plants.
这就是我和 哈佛大学的科学家David Edward 共同制造出一部利用这些种类的植物 来吸收有毒气体的仪器的原因
150.But the idea is to force the air to go in the effective part of the plants.
其理念是推动空气 通过这些植物有效过滤的部分
151.Because the roots of the plant are not very effective.
因为这些植物的根部滤毒效果并不显著
152.Bill Wolverton from NASA analyzed it cleverly in ’70s.
来自美国宇航局的Bill Vorveten 在70年代高明地分析了这一方法
153.So the idea is to create an object able to force the air, and to be in contact at the right speed at the right place, in all the effective part of the plant.
其理念就是制造出一种产品 能够推动空气使其以正确的速度 在正确的地方与植物所有有效滤毒的地方接触
154.So this is the final object.
这就是最后的设计
155.It will be launch next September.
该设计将于明年9月份面世
156.(Applause) This one is kind of the same approach because I include, in product like Andrea, some plants.
(掌声) 这是一个某种程度上思路相同的设计 因为像Andrea一样 它也包括了植物
157.And in this one plants are used for the water filtration ability.
它应用了该植物过滤水的功能
158.And it includes some fishes as well.
这个设计也包括了鱼
159.But here, unlike Andrea, here are supposed to be eaten.
但是与Andrea不同的是 它们是可以食用的
160.Indeed, this object is a domestic farm, for fishes and green.
实际上这个设计是一个家庭农场 生产鱼和绿色植物
161.So the idea of this object is to be able to get at home very local food.
所以这个设计的理念就是 让你在家里就能够 得到本地产出的食物
162.The locavores used to get food taken in a radius of 100 miles.
本地膳食主义者 过去习惯在方圆100英里以内 获取食物
163.Local River is able to provide you food directly in your living room.
Local River能够在你的起居室里 直接提供给你食物
164.So the principle of this object is to create an ecosystem called aquaponics.
这一设计的原理就是 创造出一种 被称为“aquaponics”的生态系统
165.And the aquaponics is the dirty water of the fish by a water pump, feeds the plants above.
aquaponics就是将养鱼用的脏水 通过水泵来浇灌鱼缸上面的植物
166.And the plants will filter, by the roots, the dirty water of the fish, after it goes back into the fish tank.
这些植物用根来 过滤养鱼用的脏水 过滤后的水再回到鱼缸中
167.After that you have two options.
之后你有两个选择
168.Or you sit down in front of it like you would do in front your TV set.
要么像坐在电视机前收看“惊奇频道”一样
169.Amazing channel.
坐在过滤器前
170.Or you start fishing.
要么开始钓鱼
171.And you make some sushis with a fish and the aromatic plants above.
你可以用鱼和上面芳香的植物 来做寿司
172.Because you can grow some potatoes.
你可以种一些土豆
173.No, not potatoes, but tomatoes, aromatic plants and so on.
不,不是土豆 是西红柿 芳香植物等等
174.So now we can breath safely.
现在我们可以安全地呼吸
175.Now we can eat local food.
我们可以吃到本地食品
176.Now we can be treated by smart medicine.
我们可以通过服用智能的药物来治疗疾病
177.Now we can be well-balanced in our biorhythm with daylight.
我们可以在日光的陪伴下 保持良好的生物节律平衡
178.But it was important to create a perfect place, so I tried to, in order to work and create.
为工作和创作来建造一个 完美的地方是十分重要的 所以我就尝试了一下
179.So I designed, for an American scientist based in Paris, a very stimulative, brain-stimulative office; I wanted to create a perfect place
我为一位在巴黎的美国科学家 设计了一间非常具有激发性的,激发大脑的办公室 我想建造出一个完美的地方
180.where you can work and play, and where your body and your brain can work together.
在这里你可以工作和娱乐 在这里你的身体和头脑可以一起工作
181.So, in this office, you do not work anymore at your desk, like a politician.
所以,在这间办公室里 你再也不会像政治家一样在书桌前工作
182.Your seat, your sleep and your play on a big geodesic island made of leather.
皮革构成的表面结构坚固的岛状物 可用为座椅,床铺以及娱乐之地
183.See, like this one?
看,就像这个
184.In this office you do not work and write and draw on a sheet of paper, but you draw directly on a kind of huge whiteboard cave, like a prehistoric scientist.
在这间办公室里你不用在纸上工作或书写 而是在一种巨大的白板洞里直接绘图 就像史前科学家那样
185.So you, like that, can make some sport during your work.
这样 你在工作时还可以做一些运动
186.In this office you do not need to go out in order to be in contact with nature.
在这间办公室里 你不需要走到外面去 就能够接触自然
187.You include, directly, the nature in the floor of the office.
这间办公室的地板直接包含了自然的一部分
188.You can see it there.
你可以在那里看到
189.This is an inspiration image to lead this project of the office.
这是给这个办公室项目 带来灵感的一幅图片
190.It really helped me to design it.
它的确帮助了我去设计这个办公室
191.I never show it to my client. He would be so offended.
我从来没有给我的顾客看这个,否则他会很生气
192.(Laughter) Just for my workshop.
(笑声) 仅供我的工作组使用
193.I guess it may be the revenge of the guinea pig I was.
我猜这也许是对我曾被当作实验小鼠的一种报复
194.But it’s maybe the conviction as monkey and homunculus we are.
又或者这也许是因为我深信 我们就是猴子和“矮人”
195.All of us need to be considered according to our real nature.
我们应该根据自身的本性来看待自己
196.Thank you very much.
非常感谢

ted演讲稿中英文对照

MarvinMinsky_健康和人类心理变化【中英文对照】

2024-4-16 10:02:22

ted演讲稿中英文对照

MenaTrott_谈博客【中英文对照】

2024-4-16 10:05:49

0 条回复 A文章作者 M管理员
    暂无讨论,说说你的看法吧
个人中心
购物车
优惠劵
今日签到
有新私信 私信列表
搜索