BjarkeIngels_飞速讲述三个建筑故事【中英文对照】

1.The public debate about architecture quite often just stays on contemplating the final result, sort of the architectural object.
关于建筑的公开讨论 经常是停留在对最终结果的揣摩上, 也就是建筑物本身。
2.Is the latest tower in London a gherkin or a sausage or a sex tool?
伦敦最新的塔是像 小黄瓜或香肠, 还是性用具?
3.So recently we asked ourselves if we could invent a format that could actually tell the stories behind the projects.
所以最近我们问自己 我们是否可以发明一种模式 能够实际上讲述项目背后的故事。
4.Maybe combining images and drawings and words to actually sort of tell stories about architecture.
也许结合影像、 图画还有文字 来讲述关于建筑的故事。
5.And we discovered that we didn’t have to invent it, it already existed in the form of a comic book.
我们发现其实我们不用发明这种模式, 它已经以漫画书的形式存在了。
6.So we basically copied the format of the comic book.
所以我们基本上就是复制了漫画书的模式。
7.So actually we tell the stories of behind the scenes, how our projects actually evolve through adaptation and improvisation.
实际上我们是在讲述背后的故事, 我们的项目是如何通过调整而演进的 以及如何即兴发挥的。
8.Sort of through the turmoil and the opportunities and the incidents of the real world.
通过混乱和机会 以及现实世界的偶然事件。
9.We call this comic book Yes is More.
我们管这个漫画书叫“是就是多”。(yes is more这个观念是指,你不是非得反对任何其他人才能成为激进份子,事实上你可以将愉快带入其中。
10.Which is obviously a sort of evolution of the ideas of some of our heroes.
这明显是在我们一些英雄人物的思想基础上的一种进化。
11.In this case it’s Mies van der Rohe’s Less is More.
在这里就是米斯.范.德罗的“少至无可再上”(即已近极简,再试图减少就是多余了)。
12.He triggered the modernist revolution.
他启动了现代主义的革命。
13.After him followed the post-modern counter revolution.
他之后紧接着是后现代的反革命,
14.Robert Venturi saying “Less is a bore.”
罗伯特.文丘理说“少就是无聊”(即推崇丰富性和矛盾性)。
15.After him Philip Johnson  sort of introduced (Laughter) you could say promiscuity, or at least openness to new ideas with “I am a whore.”
之后菲利普.约翰森宣称(屏幕上出现“我是妓女”) (笑声) 你也可以说是放荡,或者至少是开放。 以“我是妓女”的姿态面对新思想。
16.Recently Obama has introduced optimism at a sort of time of global financial crisis.
最近奥巴马提出了乐观主义, 在这个差不多是全球金融危机的时候。
17.And what we’d like to say with Yes is More, is basically trying to question this idea that the architectural avant-garde is almost always negatively defined,
我们用“是就是多”想要表达的, 基本上就是试图挑战 前卫建筑几乎总是通过
18.as who or what we are against.
反对什么人和什么思想来界定的观点。
19.The cliche of the radical architect is the sort of angry young man rebelling against the establishment.
陈旧的观点认为所谓激进的建筑师 就是愤怒的年轻人对现有的秩序进行反叛,
20.Or this idea of the misunderstood genius, frustrated that the world doesn’t fit in with his or her ideas.
或者是被误解的天才 因为世界不合他的理想而备受挫折。
21.Rather than revolution, we’re much more interested in evolution.
我们对演进而不是革命更感兴趣,
22.This idea that things gradually evolve by adapting and improvising to the changes of the world.
我们认为事物是逐渐演化的, 通过自我调整和发挥 来适应世界的变化。
23.In fact, I actually think that Darwin is one of the people who best explains our design process.
实际上,我认为达尔文才是 最好的阐述了我们的设计流程的人之一。
24.His famous evolutionary tree could almost be a diagram of the way we work.
他著名的进化树 几乎可以当作我们工作的图解。
25.As you can see, a project evolves through a series of generations of design meetings.
如你所见,一个项目 通过一系列分代的设计会议演进。
26.At each meeting there’s way too many ideas.
每次例会都有太多的创意。
27.Only the best ones can survive.
只有最好那些的才能保留下来。
28.And through a process of architectural selection we might choose a really beautiful model.
通过一个建筑筛选的过程 我们可能选择一个非常漂亮的模型
29.Or we might have a very functional model.
也可能选择功能性很强的模型。
30.We mate them. They have sort of mutant offspring.
我们让它们互相杂交,它们就有了突变的后代。
31.And through these sort of generations of design meetings we arrive at a design.
通过这样代代演进的设计会议 我们抵达了最终的设计方案。
32.A very literal way of showing it is a project we did for a library and a hotel in Copenhagen.
可以用我们做过的一个项目来非常贴切的展示这个过程, 这个项目包括哥本哈根的一个图书馆和酒店。
33.The design process was like, really tough, almost like a struggle for survival.
设计过程非常艰难, 几乎就像是为生存而抗争。
34.But gradually an idea evolved.
但是逐渐的想法在演进。
35.This sort of idea of a rational tower that melts together with the surrounding city.
这是一个理性之塔 (演讲者口误,实际应为旋转的塔 rotational tower) 与周边城市环境的融合。
36.Sort of expanding the public space onto what we refer to as a Scandinavian version of the Spanish Steps in Rome.
也就是把公共空间扩展到我们所说的 一个北欧版的罗马西班牙台阶。
37.But sort of public on the outside, as well as on the inside, with the library.
但是除了外面是公共空间,内部也有公共空间 作为图书馆。
38.But Darwin doesn’t only explain the evolution of a single idea.
但是达尔文不仅解释了一个单独创意的进化。
39.As you can see, sometimes a subspecies branches off.
就像这里看到的,有时候一些亚种形成了分支。
40.And quite often we sit in a design meeting and we discover that there is this great idea.
经常在设计讨论中间 我们发现一个很好的想法,
41.It doesn’t really work in this context.
可能并不适合现有的情形,
42.But for another client in another culture it could really be the right answer to a different question.
但是对另外一个有着不同文化背景的客户来说 这可能是对另一个不同问题的正确解答。
43.So as a result, we never throw anything out.
所以,我们从来不抛弃任何东西。
44.We keep our office almost like an archive of architectural biodiversity.
我们把办公室几乎当成了 建筑生态多样化的档案室。
45.You never know when you might need it.
你永远不知道你什么时候可能用得着。
46.And what I’d like to do now, in an act of warp-speed story telling, is tell the story of how two projects evolved by adapting and improvising
我们现在想要做的是, 以飞快的速度, 讲两个项目是如何演进的, 通过对偶发事件的
47.to the happenstance of the world.
自由发挥和自我调适。
48.The first story starts last year when we went to Shanghai to do the competition for the Danish National Pavilion for the World Expo in 2010.
第一个故事始于去年我们去上海 参加丹麦 2010年世博会的国家展馆的设计竞赛。
49.And we saw this guy, Haibao.
我们见到了这个家伙,海宝。
50.He’s the mascot of the expo.
他是博览会的吉祥物。
51.And he looks strangely familiar.
看起来出奇的眼熟。
52.In fact he looked like a building we had designed for a hotel in the north of Sweden.
实际上他看上去像我们设计的 一个瑞典北部的酒店。
53.When we submitted it for the Swedish competition we thought it was a really cool scheme. But it didn’t exactly look like something from the north of Sweden.
当我们向瑞典业主提交那个方案的时候我们觉得 它确实是一个很酷的方案,但是实际上并不像 瑞典北部的东西。
54.The Swedish jury didn’t think so either. So we lost.
瑞典的评委也不这么看,所以我们落选了。
55.But then we had a meeting with a Chinese businessman who saw our design and said, “Wow, that’s the Chinese character for the word people.”
但是之后我们见了一个中国商人, 他看到了我们的设计并且说: “哇,这是汉字里的人字。”
56.(Laughter) So apparently this is how you write people, as in the People’s Republic of China.
(笑声) 很显然,在中国 “人”字是这样写的。
57.We even double checked.
我们甚至还专门确认了一下。
58.And at the same time, we got invited to exhibit at the Shanghai Creative Industry Week.
与此同时,我们也被邀请参加 在上海创意产业周举行的展览。
59.So we thought like, this is too much of an opportunity.
我们觉得这真是一个机会。
60.So we hired a feng shui master.
于是我们雇了一个风水大师。
61.We scaled the building up three times to Chinese proportions, and went to China.
我们按照中文的比例把建筑放大了三倍, 然后去了中国。
62.(Laughter) So the People’s Building, as we called it.
(笑声) 我们管它叫人民的楼。
63.This is our two interpreters, sort of reading the architecture.
这是我们的两个翻译员,对建筑的解读。
64.It went on the cover of the Wen Wei Po newspaper.
它上了文汇报的头版。
65.Which got Mr. Liang Yu Chen, the mayor of Shanghai to visit the exhibition.
这吸引了上海市长陈良宇 去参观展览。
66.And we had the chance to explain the project.
我们也有机会解释这个项目。
67.And he said, “Shanghai is the city in the world with most skyscrapers.”
他说,“上海是世界上 摩天楼最多的城市。”
68.But to him it was as if the connection to the roots had been cut over.
但是对他来说与根脉的联系好像被切断了。
69.And with the People’s Building he saw an architecture that could bridge the gap between the ancient wisdom of China and the progressive future of China.
通过人民的楼他看到了 一种可以将古代中国的智慧 与未来中国前进沟通的建筑。
70.So we obviously profoundly agreed with him.
所以我们当然很深刻地表示同意。
71.(Laughter) (Applause) Unfortunately Mr. Chen is now in prison for corruption.
(笑声) (掌声) 不幸的是陈先生现在因为腐败已经进了监狱。
72.(Laughter) But like I said, Haibao looked very familiar.
(笑声) 不过正如我说的,海宝看上去非常熟悉,
73.Because he is actually the Chinese character for people.
因为他实际上是汉字中的人。
74.And they chose this mascot because the theme of the expo is “Better City, Better Life.”
他们选择这个做为吉祥物是因为 博览会的主题是“城市,让生活更美好。”
75.Sustainability.
可持续发展。
76.And we thought like sustainability has grown into being this sort of neo-Protestant idea that is has to hurt in order to do good.
我们觉得可持续发展已经变成 这种清教徒式的想法, 一定要经受痛苦才能积善。
77.You know, you’re not supposed to take long, warm showers.
你知道,你不应该冲太长时间的热水澡,
78.You’re not supposed to fly on holidays because it’s bad for the environment.
你不应该乘飞机去度假,因为破坏环境,
79.Gradually you get this idea that sustainable life is less fun than normal life.
逐渐的你就会形成这种想法,可持续性的生活 比正常的生活要少一些乐趣。
80.So we thought that maybe it could be interesting to focus on examples where a sustainable city actually increases the quality of life.
所以我们想把重点放在一些实例上也许比较有趣, 来展示一个可持续发展的城市 实际上提升了生活的质量。
81.We also asked ourselves what could Denmark possibly show China that would be relevant?
我们也问自己丹麦有什么可以展示给中国的 而且是相关的?
82.You know it’s one of the biggest countries in the world, one of the smallest.
一个是世界上最大的国家之一,一个是最小的。
83.China symbolized by the dragon.
中国以龙为象征;
84.Denmark, we have a national bird, the swan.
丹麦,我们有国鸟,天鹅。
85.(Laughter) China has many great poets.
(笑声) 中国有很多伟大的诗人。
86.But we discovered that in the People’s Republic public school curriculum, they have three fairy tales by An Tu Shung, or Hans Christian Anderson, as we call him.
但是我们发现在人民共和国 公立学校的课程里, 他们有三篇安徒生写的童话, 我们叫汉斯.克里斯蒂安.安德森。
87.So that means that all 1.3 billion Chinese have grown up with The Emperor’s New Clothes, The Matchstick Girl, and The Little Mermaid.
这也就是说13亿中国人 都是读皇帝的新装、 卖火柴的小女孩、小美人鱼长大的。
88.It’s almost like a fragment of Danish culture integrated into Chinese culture.
这几乎就是丹麦文化的一个片段 整合到了中国文化里。
89.The biggest tourist attraction in China is the Great Wall.
中国游客最多的景点是长城,
90.The Great Wall is the only thing that can be seen from the moon.
长城是唯一能在月球上看到的东西。
91.The big tourist attraction in Denmark is The Little Mermaid.
丹麦最有名的景点是小美人鱼,
92.That can actually hardly be seen from the canal tours.
在运河的游览路线中几乎看不见。
93.(Laughter) And it sort of shows the difference between these two cities.
(笑声) 这也算是体现了两个城市的不同,
94.Copenhagen, Shanghai, modern, European.
哥本哈根和上海, 现代的,欧洲的。
95.But then we looked at recent urban development.
但是我们又观察了最近的城市建设,
96.And we noticed that this is like a Shanghai street, 30 years ago. All bikes, no cars.
我们注意到这就像是30年前, 上海的街道。全是自行车,没有小汽车。
97.This is how it looks today. All traffic jam.
这是现在的样子,全是交通堵赛。
98.Bicycles have become forbidden many places.
很多地方禁止通行自行车。
99.Meanwhile in Copenhagen we’re actually expanding the bicycle lanes.
这时候在哥本哈根我们实际上在拓宽自行车道,
100.A third of all the people commute by bike.
三分之一的人骑车通勤。
101.We have a free system of bicycles called the City Bike.
我们有一种免费自行车系统叫做城市自行车,
102.That you can borrow if you visit the city.
如果你造访这个城市可以借来骑。
103.So we thought like, why don’t we reintroduce the bicycle in China?
所以我们想,为什么不把自行车重新引入中国?
104.We donate 1000 bikes to Shanghai.
我们给上海捐了1000辆自行车。
105.So if you come to the expo, go straight to the Danish pavillion.
所以如果你来到世博会,直接去丹麦馆
106.Get a Danish bike. And then continue on that to visit the other pavillions.
取一辆丹麦自行车,然后骑车继续参观其他馆。
107.Like I said, Shanghai and Copenhagen are both port cities.
正如我说过的,上海和哥本哈根都是港口城市。
108.But in Copenhagen the water has gotten so clean that you can actually swim in it.
但是在哥本哈根,水很清, 你甚至可以在里面游泳。
109.One of the first projects we ever did was the harbor bath in Copenhagen.
我们做的最早的一批项目之一 就是哥本哈根海港浴,
110.Sort of continuing the public realm into the water.
也可以说是公共领域扩展到了水域。
111.So we thought that these expos quite often have a lot of state financed propaganda, images, statements, but no real experience.
我们觉得这种展览往往包含了很多 国家资助的宣传, 图片,声明,但是没有真正的体验。
112.So just like with a bike, we don’t talk about it.
就像是有一辆单车,我们不是去谈论它,
113.You can try it.
因为你可以试骑。
114.Like with the water, instead of talking about it we’re going to sail a million liters of harbor water from Copenhagen to Shanghai.
比如关于水,与其只是口头谈论, 我们要把一百万升港口的水 从哥本哈根船运到上海。
115.So the Chinese who have the courage can actually dive in and feel how clean it is.
所以有胆量的中国人可以跳进去, 感受一下水有多清。
116.This is where people normally object that it doesn’t sound very sustainable to sail water from Copenhagen to China.
这部分是人们通常会反对的,听上去不是很环保, 从哥本哈根运水到中国。
117.But in fact the container ships go full of good from China to Denmark.
但实际上货船 载满货物从中国到丹麦,
118.And then they sail, empty, back.
然后空船返回,
119.So quite often you load water for ballast.
经常要装水来稳定船只。
120.So we can actually hitch a ride for free.
所以我们实际上可以免费搭船。
121.And in the middle of this sort of harbor bath we’re actually going to put the actual Little Mermaid.
而且在这个海港浴的中间, 我们要把真的小美人鱼放进去,
122.So the real Mermaid, the real water, and the real bikes.
就是真的美人鱼,真的水,真的自行车。
123.And when she’s gone we’re going to invite a Chinese artist to reinterpret her.
当她离开后,我们会请 一个中国艺术家重新诠释她。
124.The architecture of the pavilion is this sort of loop of exhibition and bikes.
这个展馆建筑是一种环形 的展览和自行车流。
125.When you go to the exhibition you’ll see the Mermaid and the pool.
你去看展览的时候你会见到美人鱼和水池,
126.You’ll walk around, start looking for a bicycle on the roof, jump on your ride and then continue out into the rest of the expo.
你四处走动,开始在屋顶上寻找自行车, 跳上车你就可以继续去看其他展馆。
127.So when we actually won the competition we had to do an exhibition in China explaining the project.
因此,当我们赢得竞赛的时候, 我们必须得在中国搞个展览解释这个项目,
128.And to our surprise we got one of our boards back with corrections from the Chinese state censorship.
令我们吃惊的是我们的一块展板被退回来了, 经过了中国国家审查机构的更改。
129.The first thing, the China map missed Taiwan.
第一条,中国地图少了台湾。
130.It’s a very serious political issue in China. We will add on.
这在中国是一个严肃的政治问题。我们会把它加上。
131.The second thing, we had compared the Swan to the Dragon.
第二条,我们把天鹅与龙相比较,
132.And then the Chinese state said, “Suggest change to Panda.”
中国官方说, “建议改成熊猫。”
133.(Laughter) (Applause) So when it came out in Denmark that we were actually going to move our national monument, the National People’s Party sort of rebelled against it.
(笑声) (掌声) 当有消息从丹麦公布出来说我们要 把我们的历史遗迹移走的时候, 国家人民党对此极为反对,
134.They tried to pass a law against moving the Mermaid.
他们要通过一项法案反对搬动美人鱼。
135.So for the first time I got invited to speak at the National Parliament.
所以我有生以来第一次到国会发言。
136.It was kind of interesting because in the morning from nine to 11 they were discussing the bailout package how many billions to invest in saving the Danish economy.
这是件挺有趣的事,因为从早上9点到11点 他们在讨论救市计划, 要花多少亿投资挽救丹麦经济,
137.And then at 11 o’clock they stopped discussing these little issues.
11点他们停止讨论这些小问题。
138.And then from 11 to one they were debating whether or not to send the Mermaid to China.
从11点到一点, 他们在争论是否要把美人鱼送到中国去。
139.(Laughter) (Applause) But to conclude, if you want to see the Mermaid from May to December next year, don’t come to Copenhagen.
(笑声) (掌声) 总之结论就是,如果你想在明年五月到十二月之间看到美人鱼, 别到哥本哈根来,
140.Because she’s going to be in Shanghai.
因为她要去上海。
141.If you do come to Copenhagen you will probably see an installation by Ai Weiwei, the Chinese artist.
如果你确实来到哥本哈根, 你可能看到那个中国艺术家艾未未的装置艺术,
142.But if the Chinese government intervenes it might even be a panda.
但是如果是中国政府干涉的话那可能会是一个熊猫。
143.(Laughter) So the second story that I’d like to tell is, actually starts in my own house.
(笑声) 我想讲的第二个故事 恰好从我自己的房子开始。
144.This is my apartment.
这是我的公寓。
145.This is the view from my apartment.
这是从我的公寓看出去的景观,
146.Over the sort of landscape of triangular balconies that our client called the Leonardo Dicaprio balcony.
在三角形的阳台上, 我们的客户管它们叫莱昂纳多.迪卡布里奥阳台。
147.And they form this sort of vertical backyard.
它们形成了这种垂直的后花园。
148.Where, on a nice summer day, you’ll actually get introduced to all your neighbors in a vertical radius of 10 meters.
在这儿,在一个美好的夏日,你可以被引荐给你所有的 在上下十米半径之内邻居。
149.The house is sort of a distortion of a square block.
这个房子是一种方块的变形,
150.Trying to zig zag it to make sure that all of the apartments look at the straight views, instead of into each other.
试图通过左右扭曲来确保 所有的公寓单元都有向外的景观, 而不是互相看到对方的房间里。
151.Until recently this was the view from my apartment.
不久前这还是我住所的景色,
152.Until this place where our client actually bought the neighbor site.
直到我们的客户买下了毗邻的位置。
153.And he said that he was going to do an apartment block next to a parking structure.
他说他要做一个公寓区, 与停车场相隔。
154.And we thought like rather than doing a traditional stack of apartments, looking straight into a big boring block of cars, why don’t we turn all the apartments into penthouses,
我们想与其建一个传统的多层公寓, 向外看只能看到一堆无聊的汽车, 为什么不能把所有的公寓单元都变成顶层公寓,
155.put them on a podium of cars.
把它们变成这堆小汽车的指挥台。
156.And because Copenhagen is completely flat, if you want to have a nice south-facing slope with a view, you basically have to do it yourself.
而且因为哥本哈根完全是平的, 如果你想要一套有景的南坡, 你基本上得自己动手。
157.Then we sort of cut up the volume, so we wouldn’t block the view from my apartment.
然后我们稍许削减了一点体积, 这样不至于把我自己公寓的景色挡住。
158.(Laughter) And essentially the parking is sort of occupying the deep space underneath the apartments.
(笑声) 停车基本上是占据深度空间, 在公寓楼的下面。
159.And up in the sun, you have like a single layer of apartments, that combine all the splendors of a suburban lifestyle, like a house with a garden with a sort of metropolitan view,
在阳光下,你就像是有一个单层公寓, 结合了所有郊区生活方式的精彩之处, 好像一座有花园的小房又有城市景观,
160.and a sort of dense urban location.
在一个稠密的城区位置。
161.This is our first architectural model.
这是我们第一个建筑模型。
162.This is an aerial photo taken last summer.
这是去年夏天拍得鸟瞰照片,
163.And essentially the apartments cover the parking.
基本上公寓楼覆盖了停车场,
164.They are accessed through this diagonal elevator.
通过这个斜角的电梯进入停车场。
165.It’s actually a stand up product from Switzerland.
这实际是个靠得住的瑞士产品,
166.Because in Switzerland they have a natural need for diagonal elevators.
因为在瑞士他们对斜角电梯有天然的需求。
167.(Laughter) And the facade of the parking, we wanted to make the parking naturally ventilated.
(笑声) 在停车场的正面, 我们想把它做成自然通风。
168.So we needed to perforate it.
所以我们需要再上面打孔。
169.And we discovered that by controlling the size of the holes we could actually turn the entire facade into a gigantic, naturally ventilated,
我们发现通过控制孔的大小, 我们实际上可以把整个正立面变成 一个巨大的自然通风的,
170.rasterized image.
点阵图片。

ted演讲稿中英文对照

BillyGraham_科技、信仰和苦难【中英文对照】

2024-3-14 19:31:48

ted演讲稿中英文对照

BobThurman_我们也能成佛【中英文对照】

2024-3-14 19:34:17

0 条回复 A文章作者 M管理员
    暂无讨论,说说你的看法吧
个人中心
购物车
优惠劵
今日签到
有新私信 私信列表
搜索