BenjaminWallace_幸福的价格【中英文对照】

1.I’m just going to play a brief video clip.
我现在播放一段短片。
2.Video: 50,000 pounds.
视频:五万英镑
3.On the fifth of December 1985, a bottle of 1787 Lafitte was sold for 105,000 pounds — nine times the previous world record.
1985年的十二月五号,一瓶1787年的拉菲特葡萄酒被售出。 售价为十万五千英镑, 九倍于前世界纪录。
4.Mr. Forbes.
福布斯先生。
5.The buyer was Kip Forbes, son of one of the most flamboyant  millionaires of the 20th century.
买家是基普·福布斯, 某位二十世纪最声名显赫的百万富翁之子。
6.The original owner of the bottle turned out to be one of the most enthusiastic wine buffs of the 18th century.
这瓶酒的上一任拥有者是 十八世纪最狂热的葡萄酒爱好者之一。
7.Chateau Lafitte is one of the greatest wines in the world, the prince of any wine cellar.
尚图·拉菲特是全世界顶级葡萄酒之一, 任何酒窖中的极品。
8.Benjamin Wallace: Now, that’s about all the videotape that remains of an event that set off the longest-running mystery in the modern wine world.
本杰明·瓦伦斯:现在,这段影片纪录了 堪称现代葡萄酒世界持续时间最长的秘密。?
9.And the mystery existed because of a gentleman named Hardy Rodenstock.
而这秘密的存在起因于一位名为哈迪·鲁登斯托克的绅士。
10.In 1985, he announced to his friends in the wine world that he had made this incredible discovery.
1985年,他对自己在葡萄酒界的朋友们宣布 他有一个令人难以置信的发现
11.Some workmen in Paris had broken through a brick wall, and happened upon this hidden cache of wines — apparently the property of Thomas Jefferson. 1787, 1784.
一些在巴黎的工人们砸破了一堵砖墙 从而发现了这些被匿藏的葡萄酒 这似乎是托马斯·杰斐逊的财产。年份1787、1784
12.He wouldn’t reveal the exact number of bottles, he would not revealexactly where the building was and he would not reveal exactly  who owned the building.
他不愿意公开确切的数量 他也不会公布建筑物的确切地址 他更不会公布具体的拥有人姓名
13.The mystery persisted for about 20 years.
这个秘密持续了20年
14.It finally began to get resolved in 2005 because of this guy.
最终,在2005年有人揭开了谜底。
15.Bill Koch is a Florida billionaire who owns four of the Jefferson bottles, and he became suspicious.
比尔·寇奇是一位佛罗里达的亿万富翁,拥有四瓶杰斐逊葡萄酒。 他对此事开始质疑。
16.And he ended up spending over a million dollars and hiring ex-FBI and ex-Scotland Yard agents to try to get to the bottom of this.
他最终用一百多万美元聘请了一些前FBI 和前苏格兰场侦探彻查这一事件。
17.There’s now ample evidence that Hardy Rodenstock is a con man, and that the Jefferson bottles were fakes.
如今有充分的证据表明哈迪·鲁登斯托克是个诈骗犯, 那些杰斐逊葡萄酒也是伪造的。
18.But for those 20 years, an unbelievable number of really eminent and accomplished figures in the wine world were sort of drawn into the orbit of these bottles.
但在那20年里 这些酒被高价售出 并被给予葡萄酒界中极高的评价
19.I think they wanted to believe that the most expensive bottle of wine in the world must be the best bottle of wine in the world, must be the rarest bottle of wine in the world.
我想人们都想要相信 全世界最贵的酒一定就是最好的, 肯定是世间最稀有的。
20.I became increasingly, kind of voyeuristically interested in the question of you know, why do people spend these crazy amounts of money,
我开始逐渐变得狂热于追求一个问题的答案 那就是:为什么人们愿意为葡萄酒或其他的东西
21.not only on wine but on lots of things, and are they living a better life than me?
挥霍大笔金钱? 这些人是否活得比我好?
22.So, I decided to embark on a quest.
所以,我决心寻求答案。
23.With the generous backing of a magazine I write for sometimes, I decided to sample the very best, or most expensive, or most coveted item
凭借一份我常投稿的杂志慷慨赞助 我决定在数十个大类中
24.in about a dozen categories, which was a very grueling quest,as you can imagine.
选出最好的,最贵的或人们最想要的事物加以体验, 你可以想像,这个过程何其痛苦
25.(Laughter) This was the first one.
(笑声) 这里是第一件。
26.A lot of the Kobe beef that you see in the U.S. is not the real thing.
很多你在美国见到的神户牛肉不是真品
27.It may come from Wagyu cattle, but it’s not from the original, Appalachian Hyogo Prefecture in Japan.
那可能是和牛, 但不是原产于阿帕拉契山脉的日本兵库。
28.There are very few places in the U.S. where you can try real Kobe, and one of them is Wolfgang Puck’s restaurant, CUT, in Los Angeles.
在美国只有很少的几个地方可以品尝真正的神户牛肉, 其中之一就是位于洛杉矶,沃尔福冈·普克的饭店,CUT。
29.I went there, and I ordered the eight-ounce rib eye for 160 dollars.
我去了那里,点了价值160美元的8盎司肋眼牛排。
30.And it arrived, and it was tiny.
上菜了,牛排很小。
31.And I was outraged.
我当时气坏了。
32.It was like, 160 dollars for this?
这就值160美元?
33.And then I took a bite, and I wished that it was tinier, because Kobe beef is so rich.
然后我尝了一口, 我但愿这牛排更小点,因为神户牛肉太肥腻了。
34.It’s like foie gras — it’s not even like steak.
味道就像鹅肝- 甚至不能算牛排。
35.I almost couldn’t finish it.
我几乎就吃不完。
36.I was really happy when I was done.
当我终于吃光时,我可真开心。
37.(Laughter) Now, the photographer who took the pictures for this project for some reason posed his dog in a lot of them, so that’s why you’re going to see this recurring character.
(笑声) 现在这张照片是这个项目的摄影师拍摄的 不知道为什么,在很多照片里放上了他的狗。 所以你们会一直看到它。
38.Which, I guess, you know, communicates to you that I did not think that one was really worth the price.
我猜,你已经知道 我觉得那牛排不值。
39.White truffles.
白松露
40.One of the most expensive luxury foods by weight in the world.
世间最贵的食材
41.To try this, I went to a Mario Batali restaurant in Manhattan — Del Posto.
为此,我去了位于曼哈顿的马利奥 巴塔利餐厅, 它位于德尔 泊斯托。
42.The waiter, you know, came out with the white truffle knob and his shaver, and he shaved it onto my pasta and he said, you know, “Would Signore like the truffles?”
服务生拿着白松露和刮刀出来后, 他把松露刮成碎屑,撒在我的意大利面上,然后对我说 “先生要一些松露吗?”
43.And the charm of white truffles is in their aroma.
白松露的迷人之处在于它的香味。
44.It’s not in their taste, really. It’s not in their texture.
不是口感,也不是材质
45.It’s in the smell.
气味才是关键。
46.These white pearlescent flakes hit the noodles, this haunting, wonderful, nutty, mushroomy smell wafted up.
当这些白珍珠色的小片落到面条上, 一股醉人的,香味浓郁的松露味就飘了起来。
47.10 seconds passed and it was gone.
10秒后,没了。
48.And then I was left with these little ugly flakes on my pasta that, you know, their purpose had been served, and so I’m afraid to say  that this was also a disappointment to me.
之后就只是面条上丑陋的小白碎片, 这样,他们的任务完成了, 可对于我,这正是一大遗憾。
49.There were several — several of these items were disappointments.
还有其他的例子,都是逐一让我失望。
50.(Laughter) Yeah.
(笑声) 是的,
51.The magazine wouldn’t pay for me to go there.
那家杂志社可不愿出钱让我去那。
52.(Laughter) They did give me a tour, though.
(笑声) 但他们让我去参观了。
53.And this hotel suite is 4,300 square feet.
这间酒店套房有四千三百平方尺,
54.It has 360-degree views.
有360度景观房,
55.It has four balconies.
四个阳台。
56.It was designed by the architect I.M. Pei.
由建筑师I.M.Pei设计
57.It comes with its own Rolls Royce and driver.
配备劳斯莱斯和司机。
58.It comes with its own wine cellar that you can draw freely from.
有专署酒窖,免费任你享用。
59.When I took the tour, it actually included some Opus One, I was glad to see.
我参观的时候,我还高兴地见到酒窖里有“第一乐章“(一款名酒)。
60.30,000 dollars for a night in a hotel.
酒店一晚房价为三万美元。
61.This is soap that’s made from silver nanoparticles, which have antibacterial properties.
这是用含银的纳米微粒制成的香皂 有抗菌作用
62.I washed my face with this this morning in preparation for this.
今天早上为准备这次演讲,我用它洗了脸
63.And it, you know, tickled a little bit and it smelled good, but I have to say that nobody here has complimented me on the cleanliness of my face today.
有点痒,很好闻。 可我不得不说 今天没有人夸过我的脸干净。
64.(Laughter) But then again, nobody has complimented me on the jeans I’m wearing.
(笑声) 再说说我的牛仔裤,也没有人夸过。
65.These ones GQ did spring for — I own these — but I will tell you, not only did I not get a compliment from any of you, I have not gotten a compliment from anybody
我的这条是GQ杂志的春装款——我自己买的——但让我告诉你, 不只你们没有注意到这条裤子, 迄今为止从买到穿了这么久
66.in the months that I have owned and worn these.
没有任何人注意过
67.I don’t think that whether or not you’re getting a compliment should be the test of something’s value, but I think in the case of a fashion item, an article of clothing,
我不认为被人夸奖与否 是衡量物品价值的标准, 但我认为,就时尚品而言
68.that’s a reasonable benchmark.
那是一个合理的标准。
69.That said, a lot of work goes into these.
据说,这一款做工精良。
70.They are made from handpicked organic Zimbabwean cotton that has been shuttle loomed and then hand-dipped in natural indigo 24 times.
由人手挑选的津巴布韦有机棉花 用梭织机织出 24次手工蘸染成自然靛青色
71.But no compliments.
但是没人赞美。
72.(Laughter) Thank you.
(笑声) 谢谢。
73.Armando Manni is a former filmmaker who makes this olive oil from an olive that grows on a single slope in Tuscany.
阿曼多.曼尼以前是一名电影制片人, 他用托斯卡尼某处斜坡上特产的橄榄树制造了这种橄榄油
74.And he goes to great lengths to protect the olive oil from oxygen and light.
而且竭尽全力将其真空避光保存。
75.He uses tiny bottles, the glass is tinted, he tops the olive oil off with an inert gas.
他用有色小玻璃瓶 并在橄榄油上层注入气体。
76.And he actually — once he releases a batch of it, he regularly conducts molecular analyses and posts the results online, so you can go online and look at your batch number
事实上,每制成一批 他总是做分子分析,还把结果公布在网上 你可以在网上通过批号
77.and see how the phenolics are developing, and, you know, gauge its freshness.
看到油酚的演变 并测出新鲜度
78.I did a blind taste test of this with 20 people and five other olive oils.
我混和了其他五种橄榄油,和这种一起让20个人做盲测。
79.It tasted fine. It tasted interesting.
这种橄榄油口味独特、有趣。
80.It was very green, it was very peppery.
色泽清亮,非常辛辣。
81.But in the blind taste test, it came in last.
但在盲测结果中,它排名最尾。
82.The olive oil that came in first was actually a bottle of Whole Foods 365 olive oil which had been oxidizing next to my stove for six months.
排名最佳的橄榄油 是一瓶在我的灶台上放了六个月的 超市橄榄油 Whole Foods 365。
83.(Laughter) A recurring theme is that a lot of these things are from Japan — you’ll start to notice.
(笑声) 你可能会注意到 这个主题很多相关的东西都来自日本。
84.I don’t play golf, so I couldn’t actually road test these, but I did interview a guy who owns them.
我不打高尔夫,所以我无法实际体验, 但我采访了一个拥有这套球具的人
85.Even the people who market these clubs — I mean, they’ll say these have four axis shafts which minimize loss of club speed and thereby drive the ball farther — but they’ll say, look, you know,
我是说,即使是为这套球具做市场推广的人都会说 这套球具的四轴杆身可有效减少挥杆速度损失 打出的球可以更远——但是他们也会说,

ted演讲稿中英文对照

BeckyBlanton_我无家可归的一年【中英文对照】

2024-3-14 19:26:22

ted演讲稿中英文对照

BenKatchor_昔日纽约的漫画故事【中英文对照】

2024-3-14 19:28:28

0 条回复 A文章作者 M管理员
    暂无讨论,说说你的看法吧
个人中心
购物车
优惠劵
今日签到
有新私信 私信列表
搜索