DavidGallo_深海中的生命【中英文对照】

1.(Applause) David Gallo: This is Bill Lange. I’m Dave Gallo.
(掌声) 大卫.盖罗:这位是比尔.兰格, 我是大卫.盖罗。
2.And we’re going to tell you some stories from the sea here in video.
我们将用一些影片来讲述一些深海里的故事。
3.We’ve got some of the most incredible video of the Titanic that’s ever been seen, and we’re not going to show you any of it.
我们这有不少精彩的泰坦尼克的影片, 可惜您今天看不到。
4.(Laughter) The truth of the matter is that the Titanic — even though it’s breaking all sorts of box office records — it’s not the most exciting story from the sea.
(笑声) 泰坦尼克号 是拿了不少票房冠军 但事实上它并不是关于海洋的最刺激的故事。
5.And the problem, I think, is that we take the ocean for granted.
原因在于我们一直没把海洋当回事儿。
6.When you think about it, the oceans are 75 percent of the planet.
大家想想,海洋占了地球面积的75%。
7.Most of the planet’s ocean water.
地球的大部分都是海水。
8.The average depth is about two miles.
海洋的平均深度是两英里(3.219公里)
9.Part of the problem, I think, is we stand at the beach or we see images like this of the ocean, and you look out at this great big blue expanse and it’s shimmering
当你站在海滩上 或是当你看到海洋里的图像, 当你看着这么一大片蓝色,它泛着光,
10.and it’s moving and there’s waves and there’s surf and there’s tides, but you have no idea for what lies in there.
不断地变动着,一会儿是海浪,一会儿是波涛, 一会儿又涨潮, 你却不知道它里面到底有些什么。
11.And in the oceans there are the longest mountain ranges on the planet.
其实地球上最长的山脉都在海洋里。
12.Most of the animals are in the oceans.
大部分的动物也都生活在海洋里。
13.Most of the earthquakes and volcanoes are in the sea — at the bottom of the sea.
大多数地震和火山喷发也都发生在海洋里 在海洋的最底部。
14.The biodiversity and the biodensity in the ocean is higher in places than it is in the rainforests.
海洋里生物的多样性和密度要比 雨林带还高。
15.It’s mostly unexplored, and yet there are beautiful sights like this that captivate us and make us become familiar with it.
这儿基本上都没有被开发过,但是像这些美丽的景色, 它吸引着我们并被我们所熟知。
16.But when you’re standing at the beach, I want you to think that you’re standing at the edge of a very unfamiliar world.
但我想告诉你的是,当你站在海边时, 你面对的是一个完全陌生的世界。
17.We have to have a very special technology to get into that unfamiliar world.
我们得用非常特殊的仪器 才能到达那个陌生的世界。
18.We use the submarine Alvin and we use cameras, and the cameras are something that Bill Lange has developed with the help of Sony.
我们用的是深海潜水艇Alvin号和摄像机, 摄像机是比尔.兰格和索尼共同研发的。
19.Marcel Proust said, “The true voyage of discovery is not so much in seeking new landscapes as in having new eyes.”
马塞尔.普鲁斯特说过:“真正的探索之旅 不是为了新的发现,而是为了找到新的视角。”
20.People that have partnered with us have given us new eyes, not only on what exists — the new landscapes at the bottom of the sea —
和我们合作的人们帮我们找到了新的视角, 我们不仅看到了哪些已经存在的 那些深海里的景观,
21.but also how we think about life on the planet itself.
同时我们也重新认识了生命本身。
22.Here’s a jelly.
这是一只水母。
23.It’s one of my favorites, because it’s got all sorts of working parts.
是我最喜欢的,因为它哪都能动。
24.This turns out to be the longest creature in the oceans.
原来它是海洋中最长的生物。
25.It gets up to about 150 feet long.
它可以伸展到150英尺(约45.72米)长。
26.But see all those different working things?
看到这些在动的东西了吗?
27.I love that kind of stuff.
我真喜欢这些东西。
28.It’s got these fishing lures on the bottom. They’re going up and down.
底下这些都是鱼饵。它们上上下下的浮动。
29.It’s got tentacles dangling, swirling around like that.
还有这些摇晃着,旋转着的触角。
30.It’s a colonial animal.
这是一种群栖动物。(colonial animal)
****************************************************************
本文来源于[育能软件]   更多更全,请登录NengSoft.com
****************************************************************
31.These are all individual animals banding together to make this one creature.
其实它们都是由单独的动物, 结合在一起就成了这样大的一个生物。
32.And it’s got these jet thrusters up in front that it’ll use in a moment, and a little light.
还有前面的这个是推进引擎。 它一会儿会用到它,还有一些光。
33.If you take all the big fish and schooling fish and all that, put them on one side of the scale, put all the jelly type of animals on the other side, those guys win hands down.
如果你把所有的鱼类, 放在天平的一端,然后把所有水母状的动物 放在另一端,水母那边要重的多。
34.Most of the biomass in the ocean is made out of creatures like this.
大多数的海洋生物都是由这类生物。
35.Here’s the X-wing death jelly.
这只是x翼死亡水母。
36.(Laughter) The bioluminescence — they use the lights for attracting mates and attracting prey and communicating.
(笑声) 它们用这种生物荧光来吸引伴侣, 食物和交流。
37.We couldn’t begin to show you our archival stuff from the jellies.
我们没办法从我们档案中的水母介绍起。
38.They come in all different sizes and shapes.
它们大小不同,形状各异。
39.Bill Lange: We tend to forget about the fact that the ocean is miles deep on average, and that we’re real familiar with the animals
比尔.兰格:我们通常忘了海洋平均有好几英里深, 我们对于
40.that are in the first 200 or 300 feet, but we’re not familiar with what exists from there all the way down to the bottom.
两三百尺深处的动物很了解, 但从那往下就不太知道了。
41.And these are the types of animals that live in that three-dimensional space, that micro-gravity environment that we really haven’t explored.
而像这样的动物 就生活在 我们没有探索过的微重力的三维空间里。
42.You hear about giant squid and things like that, but some of these animals get up to be approximately 140, 160 feet long.
你一定听说过巨型章鱼之类的东西。 但像这样的动物可以伸张到140到160英尺长。
43.They’re very little understood.
它们还没有被研究透。
44.DG: This is one of them, another one of our favorites, because it’s a little octopod.
大卫:这也是其中之一,是我们另一个最爱,一个小的八爪鱼。
45.You can actually see through his head.
你真的能看穿它的脑袋。
46.And here he is flapping with his ears and very gracefully going up.
它的耳朵在上下摆动,还很优雅地向上游着。
47.We see those at all depths and even at the greatest depths.
我们能在不同深度,甚至最深处看到这样的动物。
48.They go from a couple of inches to a couple of feet.
它们有的几英尺长,有的几尺长。
49.They come right up to the submarine — they’ll put their eyes right up to the window and peek inside the sub.
它们有的会贴近潜水艇-- 它们的眼睛会贴着潜水艇的窗口向里看。
50.This is really a world within a world, and we’re going to show you two.
这里的世界中还有另一个世界, 我们将给您介绍两个。
51.In this case, we’re passing down through the mid-ocean and we see creatures like this.
像这一个,当我们到达了中海一下就能看见像这样子的物种。
52.This is kind of like an undersea rooster.
它看起来有点像深海里的公鸡。
53.This guy, that looks incredibly formal, in a way.
看这个,它看起来真的太正经了。
54.And then one of my favorites. What a face!
还有这也是我的最爱之一。看这张脸!
55.This is basically scientific data that you’re looking at.
你们看到的这些基本上都是科学数据。
56.It’s footage that we’ve collected for scientific purposes.
它们都是我们为了科学研究而收集的影片。
57.And that’s one of the things that Bill’s been doing, is providing scientists with this first view of animals like this in the world where they belong.
这个是比尔正在做的, 为了让科学家们看到这些第一手材料 这些在它们生存的环境中获取的。
58.They don’t catch them in a net.
他们不会用鱼网来捕这些生物。
59.They’re actually looking at them down in that world.
他们会在它们的世界中观察它们。
60.We’re going to take a joystick, sit in front of our computer on the Earth, and press the joystick forward and fly around the planet.
我们会用一个控制杆, 在地面上我们只用坐在电脑前, 移动控制杆就能环游地球了。
****************************************************************
本文来源于[育能软件]   更多更全,请登录NengSoft.com
****************************************************************
61.We’re going to look at the mid-ocean ridge, a 40,000 mile long mountain range.
现在我们看一个海中央的山脊。 一个40,000英里(约64374公里)长的山脉。
62.The average depth at the top of it’s about a mile and a half.
这些山脉顶端的平均深度都有1.5英里。
63.And we’re over the Atlantic — that’s the ridge right there — but we’re going to go across the Caribbean, Central America, and end up against the Pacific, nine degrees north.
我们已走遍了大西洋--那就是山脊, 现在我们要穿过加勒比海,中美洲, 最后到达太平洋,北纬九度。
64.We make maps of these mountain ranges with sound, with sonar, and this is one of those mountain ranges.
我们用声纳来制作这些山脊的地图, 这是这些山脊中的一个。
65.We’re coming around a cliff here on the right.
我们现在向右转过一个悬崖。
66.The height of these mountains on either side of this valley is greater than the Alps in most cases.
这些山脉两侧山谷的高度 大多数都比阿尔卑斯山脉还要高。
67.And there’s tens of thousands of mountains out there that haven’t been mapped yet.
这里还有成千上万的山脉不在地图上。
68.This is a volcanic ridge.
这是一个火山脊。
69.We’re getting down further and further in scale.
我们现在往更深处走。
70.And eventually we can come up with something like this.
最终我们会看到像这样的东西。
71.This is an icon of our robot — Jason, it’s called.
这是最具代表性的一个机器人-他叫杰森。
72.And you can sit in a room like this with a joystick and a headset and drive a robot like that around the bottom of the ocean in real time.
你会坐在这样的一间房间里, 用遥控杆和耳机来这样驾驶机器人 同时机器人在海底行走。
73.One of the things we’re trying to do at Woods Hole with our partners is to bring this virtual world — this world, this unexplored region — back to the laboratory.
在伍兹霍尔,我们还希望和我们的合伙人 把这个虚拟的世界-- 这个未曾背发掘的地带-带回实验室里。
74.Because we see it in bits and pieces right now.
因为我们现在看到的都是些点滴片断。
75.We see it either as sound, or we see it as video, or we see it as photographs, or we see it as chemical sensors — but we never have yet put it all together into one interesting picture.
我们获取了一些声音,一些影象, 或是一些图片,或是一些化学成分 --但我们从没把它们放在一块来看。
76.Here’s where Bill’s cameras really do shine.
这里是比尔的相机真正出彩的地方。
77.This is what’s called a hydrothermal vent.
我们叫这个热泉喷出口。
78.And what you’re seeing here is a cloud of densely packed hydrogen sulfide-rich water coming out of a volcanic axis on the sea floor.
您现在看到的是一团密度很高的 强硫化氫液体 从海底的火山中轴喷出。
79.Gets up to 600, 700 degrees Fahrenheit, somewhere in that range.
有时可以达到600到700华氏度(315至371摄氏度)。
80.So that’s all water under the sea — a mile-and-a-half, two miles, three miles down.
这些都是海水中的液体- 一点五英里,两英里,三英里深。
81.And we knew it was volcanic back in the ’60s, ’70s.
六七十年代时我们只知道这是一座火山。
82.And then we had some hint that these things existed all along the axis of it, because if you’ve got volcanism, water’s going to get down from the sea into cracks in the sea floor,
后来我们发现了这些物质 存在于它的轴心周围,因为假如你知道这里有火山运动, 这些液体会流向海底并且进入海床的裂缝,
83.come in contact with magma, and come shooting out hot.
和岩浆汇合,然后喷出热浪。
84.We weren’t really aware that it would be so rich with hydrogen sulfides.
我们真没想到硫化氢的含量会这么高。
85.We didn’t have any idea about these things, which we call chimneys.
我们当初根本不知道这些是什么,我们叫它们烟囱。
86.This is one of these hydrothermal vents.
这是这些热液出口中的一个。
87.600 degree Fahrenheit water coming out of the Earth.
300多度(600华氏度)的液体从地里涌出。
88.On either side of us are mountain ranges that are higher than the Alps, so the setting here is very dramatic.
我们两侧的山脊都比阿尔卑斯山高, 所以说这的地形是惊人的。
89.BL: The white material is a type of bacteria that thrives at 180 degrees centigrade.
比尔:这些白色的物质是一种细菌 它能在180度的高温下生存。
90.DG: I think that’s one of the greatest stories right now that we’re seeing from the bottom of the sea, is that the first thing we see coming out of the sea floor
大卫:现在我们要讲一个最不可思议的故事 我们现在看到的是 我们最开始看到的从海底冒出来的
91.after a volcanic eruption is bacteria.
火山喷发后的细菌。
92.And we started to wonder for a long time, how did it all get down there?
我们开始想 它为什么在那里?
93.What we find out now is that it’s probably coming from inside the Earth.
我们现在知道它可能是来自地球内部。
94.Not only is it coming out of the Earth — so, biogenesis made from volcanic activity — but that bacteria supports these colonies of life.
它不仅从地球里出来-- 它的生物源来自于火山活动-- 但这些细菌供养群居在这里的生物。
95.The pressure here is 4,000 pounds per square inch.
这里的压力是平均每平方英尺(0.025平方米)4000磅(1814公斤)。
96.A mile and a half from the surface to two miles to three miles — no sun has ever gotten down here.
离地表一点五英里,两三英里深 没有任何阳光的照射。
97.All the energy to support these life forms is coming from inside the Earth — so chemosynthesis.
支撑所有的生命形式的能量 都来自地球内部-那些化学合成物。
98.And you can see how dense the population is.
你可以看到这的生物密度是多大。
99.These are called tube worms.
它们被叫做管道蠕虫。
100.BL: These worms have no digestive system. They have no mouth.
比尔:这些蠕虫没有消化系统。它们没有嘴。
101.But they have two types of gill structures.
但它们有两种腮组织。
102.One for extracting oxygen out of the deep-sea water, another one which houses this chemosynthetic bacteria which takes the hydrothermal fluid —
一种可以从深海液体中吸收氧气, 另一种吞近这些 靠热液生存的化合细菌
103.that hot water that you saw coming out of the bottom — and converts that into simple sugars that the tube worm can digest.
就是这些从海底冒出来的热水-- 然后再转化成管道蠕虫可以消化的简单糖份。
104.DG: You can see — here’s a crab that lives down there.
大卫:你可以看到-这是一只生活在这里的螃蟹。
105.He’s managed to grab a tip of these worms.
它能钳住蠕虫的一小部分。
106.Now, they normally retract as soon as a crab touches them.
它们通常一碰到螃蟹就缩回去。
107.Oh! Good going.
恩!厉害。
108.So, as soon as a crab touches them they retract down into their shells, just like your fingernails.
所以,一旦螃蟹碰到它们 它们就缩回壳里,就像指甲。
109.There’s a whole story being played out here that we’re just now beginning to have some idea of because of this new camera technology.
这样的故事被一一展开 我们只是开始对它们有些认识 全都靠这个新的摄影技术。
110.BL: These worms live in a real temperature extreme.
比尔:这些蠕虫都生活在这样极端的温度下。
111.Their foot is at about 200 degrees centigrade and their head is out at three degrees centigrade, so it’s like having your hand in boiling water and your foot in freezing water.
它们的脚有大概200度 它们的头是3度左右, 这就像是你的手放在沸水中而你的脚在冰水里。
112.That’s how they like to live.
它们就是这样生活的。
113.(Laughter) DG: This is a female of this kind of worm.
(笑声) 大卫:这是一只雌性蠕虫。
114.And here’s a male.
这只是雄性的。
115.You watch. It doesn’t take long before two guys here — this one and one that will show up over here — start to fight.
你看着。用不着多久 它们两就会出现在这-开始打斗。
116.Everything you see is played out in the pitch black of the deep sea.
你所看到的都是在深海最漆黑的地方进行的,
117.There are never any lights there except the lights that we bring.
除了我们带来过的光线之外没有任何其他的光线。
118.Here they go.
看这里。
119.On one of the last dive series we counted 200 species in these areas.
在过去的潜水系列中有一次 我们在这个区域里找到200种物种。
120.198 were new — new species.
198种都是新的物种。
121.BL: One of the big problems is that for the biologists working at these sites, it’s rather difficult to collect these animals.
比尔:对生物学家来说最大的问题之一 是在这些地点工作,更不用说采集物种。
122.And they disintegrate on the way up, so the imagery is critical for the science.
因为采集上来它们就会破裂,(下面压力大) 所以这些影像对科学来说是至关重要的。
123.DG: Two octopods at about two miles depth.
大卫:这是两条在两英里深处的章鱼。
124.This pressure thing really amazes me, that these animals can exist there at a depth with pressure enough to crush the Titanic like an empty Pepsi can.
这里的压力真的让我很吃惊, 这些动物居然可以在这样的深度生存 这里的压力足够把泰坦尼克号压成一只空百事可乐罐。
125.What we saw up till now was from the Pacific.
直到现在我们看到的都来自太平洋。
126.This is from the Atlantic. Even greater depth.
这些是来自大西洋。而且更深。
127.You can see this shrimp is harassing this poor little guy here and he’ll bat it away with his claw. Whack!
你可以看到这只虾正在骚扰这个可怜的小东西 它会用它的爪子反抗。嗷!
128.(Laughter) And the same thing’s going on over here.
(笑声) 类似的故事一只在发生。
129.What they’re getting here on the back of this crab is at — the foodstuff here is this very strange bacteria that lives on the backs of all these animals.
它们在这只蟹背上能获得的是 这种很奇怪的细菌类的食物 它生长在这些动物的背上。
130.And what these shrimp are trying to do is actually harvest all the bacteria from the backs of these animals.
而这些虾 其实正在这些动物的背上收割细菌。
131.And the crabs don’t like it at all.
这些螃蟹可不喜欢这样。
132.These long filaments that you see on the back of the crab are actually created by the product of that bacteria.
这些蟹背上的长的细丝 是由这种细菌组成的
133.So, the bacteria grows hair on the crab.
所以细菌可以在蟹背上长出毛来。
134.On the back, you see this again.
现在你又看到了同样的在发生。
135.The red dot is the laser light of the submarine Alvin to give us an idea about how far away we are from the vents.
这个红点是潜水艇Alvin号腹下的镭射灯 能让我们感觉到我们离喷出口有多远。
136.Those are all shrimp.
这些都是虾。
137.You see the hot water over here, here, and here, coming out.
你可以看到热液从这儿,这儿还有这儿冒出来。
138.They’re clinging to a rock face and actually scraping bacteria off that rock face.
它们会粘在岩石的表面 并从岩石表面把细菌扒下来。
139.Here’s a tiny little vent that’s come out of the side of that pillar.
这里有一个很小的出口在那个很大的柱子上。
140.Those pillars get up to several stories.
这些柱子可以有几层楼高。
141.So here you’ve got this valley with this incredible alien landscape of pillars and hot springs and volcanic eruptions and earthquakes,
现在你可以看到这样一个难以置信景色鬼魅的峡谷 这里有在这样的柱子,热泉,火山喷发和地震,
142.inhabited by these very strange animals that live only on chemical energy coming out of the ground.
这些奇异的动物就生活在这里 靠地里冒出的化学能量为生。
143.They don’t need the sun at all.
它们毫不需要阳光。
144.BL: You see this white V-shaped mark on the back of this shrimp?
比尔:你能看到这些虾的背上有v形的记号吗?
145.It’s actually a light-sensing organ.
它们实际上是感光器官。
146.It’s how they find the hydrothermal vents.
它们就是靠它来找到热液出口。
147.The vents are emitting a black body radiation — an IR signature — and so they’re able to find these vents at considerable distances.
这些出口发射出一种黑体的辐射-一种红外线- 所以它们能在很远的距离外找到这些出口
148.DG: All this stuff is happening along that 40,000 mile long mountain range that we’re calling the ribbon of life, because even today,
大卫:所有这些都发生在40000英里长的山脊周围 我们称之为生命带,即使是今天,
149.as we speak, there’s life being generated there from volcanic activity.
此时此刻,生命正诞生于火山活动中。
150.This is the first time we’ve ever tried this any place.
这是我们在这里的第一次尝试。
151.We’re going to try to show you high definition from the Pacific.
我们将为您展示高清晰的太平洋画面。
152.We’re moving up one of these pillars.
我们现在沿着根柱子向上走。
153.This one’s several stories tall.
它有好几层楼高。
154.In it, you’ll see that it’s a habitat for a lot of different animals.
在这里,你可以看到这是很多种动物的栖息地。
155.There’s a funny kind of hot plate here with vent water coming out of it.
这有一个滑稽的热盘子状的东西,热液从里面涌出。
156.All of these are individual homes for worms.
这些都是蠕虫们单个的家。
157.Now here’s a closer view of that community.
现在可以更近距离地看到这个群体。
158.Here’s crabs here, worms here.
这里有蟹,还有蠕虫。
159.There are smaller animals crawling around.
这些更小地动物会蜷缩在周围。
160.Here’s pagoda structures.
这是一个塔组织。
161.I think this is the neatest-looking thing.
我认为这是看上去最精致地一个。
162.I just can’t get over this — that you’ve got these little chimneys sitting here smoking away.
我真的太喜欢它了- 这些小烟囱上冒着烟。
163.This stuff is toxic as hell, by the way.
对了,这些物质可是带有剧毒的。
164.You could never get a permit to dump this in the ocean, and it’s coming out all from it.
你不能向海里倾倒这些, 但它却从海底自己冒出来。
165.(Laughter) It’s unbelievable. It’s basically sulfuric acid, and it’s being dumped out at incredible rates.
(笑声) 难以置信。这些大致上是硫磺酸, 它们以惊人的速度向外涌。
166.Animals are thriving — and we probably came from here.
这些动物在努力地生存-而我们也许就是从这里演变来地。
167.That’s probably where we evolved from.
我们很可能是从这里开始进化。
168.BL: This bacteria that we’ve been talking about turns out to be the most simplest form of life found.
比尔:我们刚才说到地细菌 是我们所知道的最简单的生命形式。
169.There are a number of groups that are proposing that life evolved at these vent sites.
有很多科学小组都认为 生命是从这些热液喷口开始进化的。
170.Although the vent sites are short-lived — an individual site may last only 10 years or so — as an ecosystem they’ve been stable for millions — well, billions — of years.
尽管这些喷口的存在时间很短-- 大概每个只能延续10年左右-- 但作为一个生态系统,它们已经很稳定地存在了几百万,甚至几十亿年。
171.DG: It works too well. You see there’re some fish inside here as well.
大卫:它们运作得太好了。你看这里面有很多鱼。
172.There’s a fish sitting here.
这是一个鱼场。
173.Here’s a crab with his claw right at the end of that tube worm, waiting for that worm to stick his head out.
这只螃蟹把它的钳子放在这只管道蠕虫的尾部, 等着这只蠕虫伸出脑袋。
174.(Laughter) BL: The biologists right now cannot explain why these animals are so active.
(笑声) 比尔:生物学家现在还不能解释 为什么这些动物如此活跃。
175.The worms are growing inches per week!
这些蠕虫每星期长好几尺!
176.DG: I already said that this site, from a human perspective, is toxic as hell.
大卫:我已经说过这里的环境, 从人类的角度来说,是很有毒性的。
177.Not only that, but on top — the lifeblood — that plumbing system — turns off every year or so.
不仅如此,更重要的是-它的生命源泉- 这个向喷涌管路的体系-每隔几年就会自动关闭。
178.Their plumbing system turns off, so the sites have to move.
一旦这些喷涌管路系统关闭,这些生活环境就迁移。
179.And then there’s earthquakes, and then volcanic eruptions on the order of one every five years that completely wipes the area out.
而且这里还有地震, 每隔五年就有一次火山喷发 可以把这里的生存环境完全摧毁。
180.Despite that, these animals grow back in about a year’s time.
尽管如此,这些动物还是会在一年以后又长回来。
181.You’re talking about biodensities and biodiversity higher than the rainforest, that just springs back to life.
当我们谈到这的生物密度和生物多样性 比热带雨林还高,它这么快就能长回来。
182.Is it sensitive? Yes.
它是否是很敏感呢?是的。
183.Is it fragile? No, it’s not really very fragile.
是否是很脆弱呢?不是,它一点也不脆弱。
184.I’ll end up with saying one thing.
我在结束前还要说一个故事。
185.There’s a story in the sea, in the waters of the sea, in the sediments and the rocks of the sea floor.
这个故事发生在海里,在海中的热液里, 在海底的沉积物和岩石里。
186.It’s an incredible story.
只是一个难以置信的故事。
187.What we see when we look back in time in those sediments and rocks is a record of Earth history.
当我们找寻过去的时候,我们会看到 这些沉积物和岩石是地球历史的一个纪录。
188.Everything on this planet — everything — works by cycles and rhythms.
这个星球上所有的事物-所有的-都有自己的周期和节奏。
189.The continents move apart. They come back together.
各个大陆分离后会合拢。
190.Oceans come and go. Mountains come and go. Glaciers come and go.
海洋消失后又会回来。山脉,冰川都是如此。
191.El Nino comes and goes. It’s not a disaster, it’s rhythmic.
厄尔尼诺现象也不断出现。它不是一次灾难,而是自身的节奏。
192.What we’re learning now, it’s almost like a symphony.
我们现在所研究的,就像一部交响乐。
193.It’s just like music — it really is just like music.
就是音乐-真的像音乐。
194.And what we’re learning now is that you can’t listen to a five billion year-long symphony, get to today and say, “Stop! We want tomorrow’s note to be the same as it was today.”
而我们现在学到的是 你不能听了50亿年长的交响乐,但今天你突然说, ”停住!我们希望明天的乐谱和今天的一样。“
195.It’s absurd. It’s just absurd.
这就很荒唐。真的很荒唐。
196.So, what we’ve got to learn now is to find out where this planet’s going at all these different scales and work with it.
所以我们现在需要研究的是地球的将来 在各个层面上会是怎样的。
197.Learn to manage it.
学习掌握它。
198.The concept of preservation is futile.
而努力去保存现状则是徒劳的。
199.Conservation’s tougher, but we can probably get there.
而去保护它更难,但我们有可能做到。
200.Thank you very much.
非常感谢。
201.Thank you.
谢谢。

ted演讲稿中英文对照

DavidCarson_设计、探索、和幽默【中英文对照】

2024-4-9 11:09:50

ted演讲稿中英文对照

DavidPerry_畅想电子游戏【中英文对照】

2024-4-9 11:12:38

0 条回复 A文章作者 M管理员
    暂无讨论,说说你的看法吧
个人中心
购物车
优惠劵
今日签到
有新私信 私信列表
搜索