SarahJones_莎拉.琼斯一人饰演地球村内多个角色【中英文对照】

1.I should tell you that when I was asked to be here, I thought to myself that well, it’s TED.
我要告诉你们当我接到大会邀请的时候 我对自己说 这可是TED呀
2.And these TEDsters are — you know, as innocent as that name sounds — these are the philanthropists and artists and scientists who sort of shape our world.
这些TEDsters虽然名字听起来是那么单纯而简单 可都很不简单 他们是慈善家艺术家科学家 他们能够影响整个世界
3.And what could I possibly have to say that would be distinguished enough to justify my participation in something like that?
那我又能说点什么才会让我显得与众不同 才能证明我的参与是有意义的呢
4.And so I thought perhaps a really civilized sounding British accent might help things a bit.
所以我就想到一口非常纯正显得很有教养的英国口音 也许能帮上忙
5.And then I thought no, no. I should just get up there and be myself and just talk the way I really talk because, after all, this is the great unveiling.
但转念一想 不 不行 我应该去到那里作回我自己 我平时怎么说话 在这儿就怎么说话 因为毕竟今天是盛大的揭幕仪式
6.And so I thought I’d come up here and unveil my real voice to you.
所以我觉得我应该来到这里把我真实的声音展现给你们
7.Although many of you already know that I do speak the Queen’s English because I am from Queens, New York.
虽然在座的很多人都知道我确实说一口纯正的“英国女王式”英语 因为我来自纽约的皇后区
8.(Laughter) But the theme of this session, of course, is invention.
(笑声) 但是这一节的主题是创造
9.And while I don’t have any patents that I’m aware of, you will be meeting a few of my inventions today.
据我所知 我自己没有任何专利 那么你们只能来认识一下我今天现场发挥的几个发明了
10.And I suppose it’s fair to say that I am interested in the invention of self or selves.
我觉得老实说 我很喜欢发现另一个或者好多个新的自我
11.We’re all born into certain circumstances with particular physical traits, unique developmental experiences, geographical and historical contexts.
我们每个人都有与生俱来的身体特征 独特的成长经历和地理历史环境的影响
12.But then what?
但除此之外又能怎么样呢
13.To what extent do we self-construct, do we self-invent?
我们在多大程度上尝试过重塑自我和发现自我呢
14.How do we self-identify and how mutable is that identity?
我们该如何定义自我 我们的身份又是如何可变的呢
15.Like, what if one could be anyone at any time?
比如说 一个人在任何时候都能变成另外任何一个人 这又会怎样呢
16.Well my characters, like the ones in my shows, allow me to play with the spaces between those questions.
那么在接下来的这段表演中 我要呈现给大家的各个角色 使得我能够用一种轻松的方式来探讨这些问题
17.And so I’ve brought a couple of them with me.
我今天把她们几个一起带来了
18.And well, they’re very excited.
她们都非常激动
19.What I should tell you — what I should tell you is that they’ve each prepared their own little TED talks.
我要告诉你们 她们每个人都准备了一小段TED演讲
20.So feel free to think of this as Sarah University.
所以你们尽可以把这里想成是莎拉大学
21.(Laughter) Okay. Okay. Oh, well.
(笑声) 好了 好了
22.Oh, wonderful.
噢 太棒了
23.Good evening everybody.
大家晚上好
24.Thank you so very much for having me here today.
非常感谢今天能让我来到这里
25.Ah, thank you very much. My name is Loraine Levine.
啊 非常感谢你们 我的名字叫珞琳莱文
26.Oh my! There’s so many of you.
噢 我的天呀 有这么多人啊
27.Hi sweetheart. Okay.
你好 亲爱的
28.(Laughter) Anyway, I am here because of a young girl, Sarah Jones.
(笑声) 好了 我今天来到这里是因为一个年轻姑娘 她叫莎拉琼斯
29.She’s a very nice, young, black girl.
她是个非常好的年轻黑人姑娘
30.Well you know, she calls herself black, she’s really more like a caramel color if you look at her.
你们知道 她说她自己是黑人 实际上她是焦糖色 如果你仔细看的话
31.But anyway, (Laughter) she has me here because she puts me in her show, what she calls her one-woman show.
算了不管它了 (笑声) 她叫我来这儿参加她的演出 参加她的“一个女人一台戏”的表演
32.And you know what that means, of course.
你们知道那是什么意思 当然了
33.That means she takes the credit and then makes us come out here and do all the work.
那就是说 活儿是我们来干 但是功劳都归她
34.But I don’t mind.
但我并不介意
35.Frankly, I’m kvelling just to be here with all the luminaries you have attending something like this, you know.
说实话 能来到这里我特别高兴 有这么多的专家来到这里
36.Really, it’s amazing.
真是太棒了
37.Not only, of course, the scientists and all the wonderful giants of the industries but the celebrities.
这里不光是有科学家们和各行各业的领袖人物 这里还有好多名人
38.There are so many celebrities running around here.
好多名人在这里进进出出
39.I saw — Glenn Close I saw earlier. I love her.
刚才我见到了葛伦克罗丝 我特别喜欢她
40.And she was getting a yogurt in the Google cafe.
她那会儿刚好在谷歌咖啡厅拿酸奶
41.Isn’t that adorable.
这简直是太棒了
42.(Laughter) So many others you see, they’re just wonderful.
(笑声) 还有其他好多人 他们都很棒
43.It’s lovely to know they’re concerned, you know.
得知他们(对会上讨论的这些问题)非常关注 我很高兴
44.And — oh, I saw Goldie Hawn.
噢对 我还见到了戈尔迪霍恩
45.Oh, Goldie Hawn.  I love her, too; she’s wonderful. Yeah.
噢天哪 戈尔迪霍恩 我太喜欢她了 她真的很棒 是的
46.You know, she’s only half Jewish.
她只有一半的犹太血统
47.Did you know that about her?
你知道这件事吗
48.Yeah. But even so, a wonderful talent.
是的 但是即使这样 她还是非常有天赋的
49.And I — you know, when I saw her, such a wonderful feeling.
而我 当我见到她的时候 我感觉太棒了
50.Yeah, she’s lovely.
是的 她真是太可爱了
51.But anyway, I should have started by saying just how lucky I feel.
好了话说回来 我应该先讲讲我感觉多么幸运
52.It’s such an eye-opening experience to be here.
这里真是令我大开眼界
53.You’re all so responsible for this world that we live in today.
对于我们生存的这个世界 你们承担着如此重大的责任
54.You know, I couldn’t have dreamed of such a thing as a young girl.
要知道 当我还是小姑娘的时候 这样的事情简直是不可想像的
55.And you’ve all made these advancements happen in such a short time.
而你们在这么短的时间里实现了所有这些进步和发展
56.You’re all so young.
而且你们都如此年轻
57.You know, you’re parents must be very proud.
你们的父母一定为你们感到非常骄傲
58.But I — I also appreciate the diversity that you have here.
而且我也非常喜欢这里的多样性
59.I noticed it’s very multicultural.
我发现这里汇集了多元文化
60.You know, when you’re standing up here, you can see all the different people.
当你站在这里的时候 你能见到各种各样的人
61.It’s like a rainbow.
这就像是一道彩虹
62.It’s okay to say rainbow. Yeah.
对 没错 用”彩虹“这个词完全没有问题
63.I just — I can’t keep up with whether you can say, you know, the different things.
其实我总是反应不过来 不知道什么词能用什么词不能用
64.What are you allowed to say or not say?
什么话能说 什么话不能说
65.I just — I don’t want to offend anybody. You know.
要知道 我真是不想冒犯任何人
66.But anyway, you know, I just think that to be here with all of you accomplished young people, literally, some of you, the architects building our brighter future.
好吧 不管怎样 我只是觉得 跟你们在一起 跟你们这些年轻人在一起 而且你们当中有些是建筑师 就是要搭建我们更美好的未来的
67.You know, it’s heartening to me.
跟你们在一起让我振奋不已
68.Even though, quite frankly, some of your presentations are horrifying, absolutely horrifying.
虽然 老实说 你们有些人做的演讲非常可怕 绝对令人震惊
69.It’s true. It’s true.
真的 真的
70.You know, between the environmental degradation and the crashing of the world markets you’re talking about.
比如你们说的环境恶化的问题 全球市场崩溃的问题
71.And of course, we know it’s all because of the — all the …
当然我们都知道这一切都是因为 所有那些
72.Well, I don’t know how else to say it to you, so I’ll just say it my way.
我真不知道还能用其他什么方法来表达 所以我就用我自己的方式来说吧
73.The ganeyvish tetikeyt coming from the governments and the, you know, the bankers and the Wall Street. You know it.
都是因为那些鬼鬼祟祟偷偷摸摸的勾当(此处使用意第绪语俚语) 你们也知道 这些勾当都是政府 银行和华尔街的人干的
74.Anyway.
管他呢
75.(Laughter) The point is, I’m happy somebody has practical ideas to get us out of this mess.
(笑声) 关键的是 我非常高兴看到你们想出了切实可行的办法 让我们摆脱这些糟糕的状况
76.So I salute each of you and your stellar achievements.
所以我要向你们每个人致敬 向你们的辉煌成就致敬
77.Thank you for all that you do.
感谢你们所做的一切
78.And congratulations on being such big makhers that you’ve become TED meisters.
还要祝贺你们成为TED的大师
79.So, happy continued success.
祝你们获得更大的成功
80.Congratulations. Mozel tov.
祝贺你们 祝贺你们(此处使用意第绪语俚语)
81.(Applause) Hi. Hi.
(掌声) 嗨嗨
82.Thank you everybody.
感谢你们
83.Sorry, this is such a wonderful opportunity and everything, to be here right now.
能来到这里简直太棒了
84.My name is Noraida.  And I’m just — I’m so thrilled to be part of like your TED conference that you’re doing and everything like that.
我叫诺埃达 我只是 能来参加TED大会我真是太高兴了 这里的一切都令人激动
85.I am Dominican American.
我是多米尼加裔美国人
86.Actually, you could say I grew up in the capital of Dominican Republic, otherwise known as Washington Heights in New York City.
实际上 可以说我是在多米尼加共和国的首都长大的 或者说就是纽约市的华盛顿高地
87.But I don’t know if there’s any other Dominican people here, but I know that Juan Enriquez, he was here yesterday.
我不知道这里有没有其他的多米尼加人 但我知道胡安恩里克斯昨天来这里了
88.And I think he’s Mexican, so that’s — honestly, that’s close enough for me, right now. So — (Laughter) I just — I’m sorry.
我觉得他是墨西哥人 老实说 这离我已经足够近了 (笑声) 对不起
89.I’m just trying not to be nervous because this is a very wonderful experience for me and everything.
我只想尽量不要太紧张 因为这个机会对我来说太难得了
90.And I just — you know I’m not used to doing public speaking.
而且我不习惯当众演讲
91.And whenever I get nervous I start to talk really fast.
每当我紧张 我说话就特别快
92.Nobody can understand nothing I’m saying, which is very frustrating for me, as you can imagine.
谁都听不明白我在说什么 这太打击我了 你们能想像吧
93.I usually have to just like try to calm down and take a deep breath.
通常我要深呼吸让自己镇静下来
94.But then on top of that, you know, Sarah Jones told me we only have 18 minutes.
但更糟糕的是 莎拉琼斯告诉我 我们总共只有18分钟
95.So then I’m like, should I be nervous, you know, because maybe it’s better.
于是我想也许我应该紧张点儿才好
96.And I’m just trying not to panic and freak out. So I like, take a deep breath.
我要尽量不慌张 所以我得深呼吸
97.Okay. Sorry. So anyway, what I was trying to say is that I really love TED.
好了 我想说我真的很喜欢TED
98.Like, I love everything about this. It’s amazing.
我喜欢这里的一切 太不可思议了
99.Like, it’s — I can’t get over this right now.
我克服不了这个(紧张情绪)
100.And, like, people would not believe, seriously, where I’m from, that this even exists.
说真的 人们都不相信我是从哪来的 不相信居然有这么个地方
101.You know, like even, I mean I love like the name, the — TED.
我喜欢TED这个名字
102.I mean I know it’s a real person and everything, but I’m just saying that like, you know, I think it’s very cool how it’s also an acronym, you know,
我知道这是个真人的名字 我只想说 这居然还是个缩略语 真是太酷了
103.which is like, you know, is like very high concept and everything like that.
这听起来非常高深
104.I like that.
我喜欢
105.And actually, I can relate to the whole like acronym thing and everything.
事实上 我自己跟缩略语也很有关系
106.Because, actually, I’m a sophomore at college right now.
我现在是大学二年级的学生
107.At my school — actually I was part of co-founding an organization, which is like a leadership thing, you know, like you guys, you would really like it and everything.
我在学校跟几个朋友成立了一个组织 也颇有领导意义 就像你们一样 你们一定会喜欢这个想法的
108.And the organization is called DA BOMB, And DA BOMB — not like what you guys can build and everything — It’s like, DA BOMB, it means like Dominican — it’s an acronym —
这个组织叫DA BOMB(该缩略语会被误认为“炸弹”的意思) 我们的DA BOMB组织比不上你们所创造的这些(伟大的东西) DA BOMB也是个缩略语
109.Dominican American Benevolent Organization for Mothers and Babies.
全称是多米尼加裔美国人慈善组织为了母亲和婴儿们
110.So, I know, see, like the name is like a little bit long, but with the war on terror and everything, the Dean of Student Activities has asked us to stop saying DA BOMB
我知道这个名字有点长 但是因为反恐战争这类原因 校学生活动的主任不让我们用DA BOMB这个简称
111.and use the whole thing so nobody would get the wrong idea, whatever.
让我们要用全称以避免歧义
112.So, basically like DA BOMB — what Dominican American Benevolent Organization for Mothers and Babies does is, basically, we try to advocate for students who show a lot of academic promise
所以说 DA BOMB 这个组织 我是说 多米尼加裔美国人慈善组织为了母亲和婴儿们 我们努力为在学业上很有前途的学生们争取权益
113.and who also happen to be mothers like me.
而且这些学生跟我一样同时也是母亲
114.I am a working mother, and I also go to school full-time.
我是个母亲 但我同时要上班 还要全日制上学
115.And, you know, it’s like — it’s so important to have like role models out there.
要知道 能找到榜样是非常重要的
116.I mean, I know sometimes our lifestyles are very different, whatever.
我知道我们的生活方式很不一样
117.But like even at my job — like, I just got promoted.
即使在工作上(也不一样) 我刚刚获得了晋升
118.Right now it’s very exciting actually for me because I’m the Junior Assistant to the Associate Director under the Senior Vice President for Business Development.
目前我的工作让我很兴奋 因为我是业务发展高级副总裁领导的 副总监的初级助理
119.That’s my new title.
这是我的新头衔
120.So, but I think whether you own your own company or you’re just starting out like me, like something like this so vital for people to just continue expanding their minds and learning.
但我觉得是不是有自己的公司(并不重要)像我们这样刚刚开始 做一个如此重要的项目 可以帮助那些想继续学习拓展他们的思想的人
121.And if everybody, like all people really had access to that, it would be a very different world out there, as I know you know.
如果每个人都有途径获得这类机会 这个世界就会大不相同 你我都知道
122.So, I think all people, we need that, but especially, I look at people like me, you know like, I mean, Latinos, we’re about to be the majority, in like two weeks.
所以我觉得我们所有人都有这个需要 但我特别关注跟我一样的人 我是说拉丁裔的人们 我们即将成为多数民族 大概就在两周以后
123.So, we deserve just as much to be part of the exchange of ideas as everybody else.
所以我们应当获得跟其他人一样多的交流思想的机会
124.So, I’m very happy that you’re, you know, doing this kind of thing, making the talks available online.
因此我非常高兴你们举办了这样的活动 而且还把演讲放到互联网上
125.That’s very good.  I love that.
这太棒了 我爱这里
126.And I just — I love you guys.  I love TED.
我爱你们所有的人 我爱TED
127.And if you don’t mind, privately now, in the future, I’m going to think of TED as an acronym for Technology, Entertainment and Dominicans.
如果你们不介意的话 从今往后我个人会把TED的缩写解释成 科技 娱乐和多米尼加人
128.Thank you very much.
谢谢你们
129.(Laughter) (Applause) So, that was Noraida, and just like Loraine and everybody else you’re meeting today, these are folks who are based on real people from my real life.
(笑声) (掌声) 好吧 这就是诺埃达 就像珞琳和其他每一位你们今天要见到的人一样 这些朋友们的原型都来自我的真实生活
130.Friends, neighbors, family members.
她们是我的朋友们邻居们和家人
131.I come from a multicultural family.
我来自一个多元文化的大家庭
132.In fact, the older lady you just met, very, very loosely based on a great aunt on my mother’s side.
事实上 你们刚刚见到的那位老太太 有那么一点点像我妈妈家的一位阿姨
133.It’s a long story, believe me.
说来话长了 相信我
134.But on top of my family background, my parents also sent me to United Nations school, where I encountered a plethora of new characters
但除了我(特殊)的家庭背景之外 我的父母还把我送进了联合国学校 在那里我结识了太多的新人
135.including Alexandre, my French teacher, okay.
包括亚历山大 我的法语老师
136.Well, you know, it was beginner French, that I am taking with her, you know.
要知道 那时候她教我们初级法语
137.And it was Madame Bousson, you know, she was very [French].
布松女士非常。。。(法语)
138.It was like, you know, she was there in the class, you know, she was kind of typically French.
要知道 在课堂上 她是那种典型的法国人
139.You know, she was was very chic, but she was very filled with ennui, you know.
她很时髦很优雅 但她又十分倦怠
140.And she would be there, you know, kind of talking with the class, you know, talking about the, you know, the existential futility of life, you know.
她在课堂上给我们讲 讲生命的存在徒劳无益
141.And we were only 11 years old, so it was not appropriate.
我们当时只有11岁 这个话题不太恰当
142.But [German].
但是(德语)
143.Yes, I took German for three years, [German], and it was quite the experience because I was the only black girl in the class, even in the UN school.
是的 我学过三年德语(德语) 这个经历很特别 因为我是班里唯一的黑人姑娘 即便我上的是联合国学校
144.Although, you know, it was wonderful.
但这经历很棒
145.The teacher, Herr Schtopf, he never discriminated.
我的德语老师施托普先生从来没有歧视过任何人
146.Never. He always, always treated each of us, you know, equally unbearably during the class.
从来没有过 他一直从来都是公平对待我们每一个人 让我们每一个人在课堂上都不好受
147.So, there were the teachers and then there were my friends, classmates from everywhere.
好吧 这就是我的老师们 此外还有我的朋友们 和来自世界各地的同学们
148.Many of whom are still dear friends to this day.
他们中的很多人直到今天都是我非常要好的朋友
149.And they’ve inspired many characters as well.
他们激发了我很多创作灵感
150.For example, a friend of mine.
比如我的一个朋友
151.Well, I just wanted to quickly say good evening.
我只想说 晚上好
152.My name is Praveen Manvi and thank you very much for this opportunity.
我的名字叫普拉文曼维 感谢你们给我这个机会
153.Of course, TED, the reputation precedes itself all over the world.
TED的大名已经传遍全球
154.But, you know, I am originally from India, and I wanted to start by telling you that once Sarah Jones told me that we will be having the opportunity
我来自印度 我想告诉你们 莎拉琼斯告诉我 我们可以有机会
155.to come here to TED in California, originally, I was very pleased and, frankly, relieved because, you know, I am a human rights advocate.
来加利福尼亚参加TED大会 一开始我就感到很高兴 而且老实说 松了一口气 因为你们知道我是一名人权倡导者
156.And usually my work, it takes me to Washington D.C.
我的工作通常都要去华盛顿特区
157.And there, I must attend these meetings, mingling with some tiresome politicians, trying to make me feel comfortable by telling how often they are eating the curry in Georgetown.
在那里我必须参加各种会议 要跟那些令人厌倦的政客打交道 他们为了让我觉得舒服一些 总跟我说他们在乔治城多么经常吃咖喱
158.So, you can just imagine — right.
所以你们可以想像
159.So, but I’m thrilled to be joining all of you here.
但我非常高兴能够参加你们的活动
160.I wish we had more time together, but that’s for another time. Okay? Great.
我希望能有更多的时间跟你们在一起 但只能下次再说啦 好吧
161.(Applause) And, sadly, I don’t think we’ll have time for you to meet everybody I brought, but — I’m trying to behave myself.
(掌声) 遗憾的是 恐怕没那么多时间让我所有的朋友都跟你们见面 但是 我在努力做到举止得体
162.It’s my first time here.
毕竟是我第一次来这里
163.But I do want to introduce you to a couple of folks you may recognize, if you saw “Bridge and Tunnel.”
但我确实想让你们见一下另外几个朋友 你们应该能认出她们 如果你们看过“土包子”这部舞台剧的话
164.Uh, well, thank you.
恩 谢谢大家
165.Good evening.
晚上好
166.My name is Pauline Ning, and first I want to tell you that I’m — of course I am a member of the Chinese community in New York.
我叫宁宝琳 首先我要告诉你们 我是纽约的华人社区的一员
167.But when Sarah Jones asked me to please come to TED, I said, well, you know, first, I don’t know that, you know — before two years ago, you would not find me in front of an audience of people,
但是当莎拉琼斯让我来参加TED的时候 起先我说不好 要知道 如果放在两年前 我肯定不会当着这么多人讲话
168.much less like this because I did not like to give speeches because I feel that, as an immigrant, I do not have good English skills for speaking.
比这少得多的人 我也不会的 因为我不太愿意作演讲 因为我觉得 作为一名移民 我的英语讲不好
169.But then, I decided, just like Governor Arnold Schwartzenegger, I try anyway.
但我又一想 我要像施瓦辛格州长一样 努力尝试一下
170.(Laughter) My daughter — my daughter wrote that, she told me, “Always start your speech with humor.”
(笑声) 我的女儿帮我写的发言稿 她告诉我 总要以一个笑话开始演讲
171.But my background — I want to tell you story only briefly.
关于我的背景 我想简短地跟你们说一下
172.My husband and I, we brought our son and daughter here in 1980s to have the freedom we cannot have in China at that time.
我丈夫和我在1980年代带着我们的儿子和女儿来到这里 是冲着这里的自由 当时的中国还没有这么自由
173.And we tried to teach our kids to be proud of their tradition, but it’s very hard.
我们努力教育我们的孩子要为他们的传统感到自豪 但这非常难
174.You know, as immigrant, I would speak Chinese to them, and they would always answer me back in English.
要知道 作为移民 我会跟孩子们说中文 但他们总是用英文回答我
175.They love rock music, pop culture, American culture.
他们喜欢摇滚乐 流行文化 美国文化
176.But when they got older, when the time comes for them to start think about getting married, that’s when we expect them to realize, a little bit more, their own culture.
但当他们长大以后 到了要谈婚论嫁的年龄 我们就希望他们能够回归原本的文化传统
177.But that’s where we had some problems.
但问题就出在这儿
178.My son, he says he is not ready to get married.
我的儿子说他还不准备结婚
179.And he has a sweetheart, but she is American woman, not Chinese.
他有个女朋友 但她不是中国人 是美国人
180.It’s not that it’s bad, but I told him, “What’s wrong with a Chinese woman?”
我不是说这下就坏事了 但我跟他说“中国姑娘有什么不好呢?”
181.But I think he will change his mind soon.
我觉得他会改变主意的
182.So, then I decide instead, I will concentrate on my daughter.
之后我决定把注意力放在我女儿身上
183.The daughter’s marriage is very special to the mom.
女儿的婚事对妈妈来说很特别
184.But first, she said she’s not interested.
但刚开始 她说她没兴趣
185.She only wants to spend time with her friends.
她只想跟她的朋友们在一起
186.And then at college, it’s like she never came home.
之后在读大学的时候 她基本上就不回家了
187.And she doesn’t want me to come and visit.
她也不愿意让我去学校看她

ted演讲稿中英文对照

SamanthaPower_讲述一个复杂的英雄【中英文对照】

2024-4-2 11:46:30

ted演讲稿中英文对照

SaulGriffith_日常生活中的发明【中英文对照】

2024-4-2 11:48:04

0 条回复 A文章作者 M管理员
    暂无讨论,说说你的看法吧
个人中心
购物车
优惠劵
今日签到
有新私信 私信列表
搜索