JJAbrams_神秘的盒子【中英文对照】

1.I wanna start today — here’s my thing. Hold on. There I go.
我今天要说的,就是……稍等。行了。
2.Hey. I wanna start today — talk about the structure of a polypeptide. (Laughter) I get a lot of people asking me, in terms of “Lost,” you know,
嘿,我今天要说的,是关于多肽化合物的组织结构。(笑) 有很多人问我,关于电视剧《迷失》,
3.”What the hell’s that island?” You know, it’s usually followed by, “No, seriously, what the hell is that island?”
“那岛到底是什么玩意儿?“ 然后他们通常还会接着说, “真的,那个岛到底是大爷的什么玩意儿?”
4.(Laughter) Why so many mysteries? What is it about mystery that I seem to be drawn to?
(笑声) 哪儿那么多奥秘?最吸引我的又是什么?
5.And I was thinking about this, what to talk about at TED.
我刚就在想,在TED大会上说些什么。
6.When I talked to the kind rep from TED, and I said, “Listen, you know, what should I talk about?”
我跟TED大会代表谈话的时候,我说, “问你噢,我到底应该谈点什么?”
7.He said, “Don’t worry about it. Just be profound.”
他说,“别担心,装深沉就行了。”
8.(Laughter) And I took enormous comfort in that.
(笑声)然后我就觉得巨爽无比。
9.So thank you, if you’re here.
所以感谢在座的各位。
10.I was trying to think, what do I talk about? It’s a good question.
我刚刚想,我要说点什么呢?
11.Why do I do so much stuff that involves mystery? And I started trying to figure it out.
为什么我要做这么多神秘的东西呢?然后我就开始努力去想个结果出来。
12.And I started thinking about why do I do any of what I do, and I started thinking about my grandfather.
然后我就开始想为什么我做我要做的, 我又开始想到了我的外公。
13.I loved my grandfather. Harry Kelvin was his name, my mother’s father. He died in 1986. He was an amazing guy.
我爱我的外公。他叫Harry Kelvin。 我母亲的父亲。他1986年去世。他是个了不起的人。
14.And one of the reasons he was amazing, after World War II he began an electronics company.
他之所以了不起,其中一个原因是, 二战以后,他开了一家电子器件公司。
15.He started selling surplus parts, kits, to schools and stuff.
他开始卖一些备件,成套工具给学校之类的地方。
16.So he had this incredible curiosity. As a kid I saw him come over to me with radios and telephones and all sorts of things.
所以他有着难以置信的好奇心,我小时候看到他 向我走过来时手里总拿着收音机,电话之类的。
17.And he’d open them up, he’d unscrew them, and reveal the inner workings — which many of us, I’m sure, take for granted.
然后他就打开他们,他把它们都拧开,然后呈现出其内部运转…… 我们当中的很多人,我确信,对那些毫无兴趣。
18.But it’s an amazing gift to give a kid.
但是对于小孩子来说那却是神奇的礼物。
19.To open up this thing and show how it works and why it works and what it is.
打开某个东西,展示它如何运作,什么驱使它运作。
20.He was the ultimate deconstructer, in many ways.
他在很多方面都是一个终极破坏者。
21.And my grandfather was a kind of guy who would not only take things apart, but he got me interested in all sorts of different odd crafts,
而且我外公他不光自己拆东西, 他也使我对乱七八糟不同的手工制品十分感兴趣,
22.like, you know, printing, like the letter press. I’m obsessed with printing.
比如,印刷,铅印机,我超爱印刷。
23.I’m obsessed with silk screening and bookbinding and box making.
我对丝网遮蔽法,装订和做盒子十分着迷。
24.When I was a kid, I was always, like, taking apart boxes and stuff.
我小时候,经常玩弄盒子之类的东西。
25.And last night in the hotel, I took apart the Kleenex box.
昨天晚上在酒店,我就在玩克里斯内克斯的纸巾盒。
26.I was just looking at it. And I’m telling you … (Laughter) It’s a beautiful thing.
我就这么看着它,告诉你们,它真美。
27.I swear to God. I mean, when you look at the box, and you sort of see how it works.
我发誓,当你看着盒子的时候,你就好像知道它如何运作的。
28.Rives is here, and I met him years ago at a book fair; he does pop-up books.
Rives在这,我几年前在一个书展上认识他,他是做立体书的。
29.And I’m obsessed with, like, engineering of paper.
我很欣赏他,他就像纸的工程师。
30.But like, the scoring of it, the printing of it, where the thing gets glued, you know, the registration marks for the ink. I just love boxes.
那些刻痕,印刷,粘合, 还有那些墨水印记,我就是喜欢盒子!
31.My grandfather was sort of the guy who, you know, kind of got me into all sorts of these things.
我的外公是那种, 让我对这一切产生兴趣的人。
32.He would also supply me with tools.
我也为我提供工具。
33.He was this amazing encourager — this patron, sort of, to make stuff.
他是个了不起的赞助人,有点像吧,鼓励我做乱七八糟的东西。
34.And he got me a Super 8 camera when I was 10 years old.
他在我10岁的时候送了我一个Super8相机。
35.And in 1976, that was sort of an anomaly, to be a 10-year-old kid that had access to a camera.
当时是1976,这简直太拉风了。 一个10岁小孩竟然有一个相机。
36.And you know, he was so generous; I couldn’t believe it.
我简直无法相信他竟然那么慷慨!
37.He wasn’t doing it entirely without some manipulation.
他做这些也不是完全自发的。
38.I mean, I would call him, and I’d be like, “Listen, Grandpa, I really need this camera.
我的意思是,如果我打电话给他,求他买, “外公,我真的要这个相机。
39.You don’t understand. This is, like, you know, I want to make movies.
你不明白的,我想拍电影,
40.I’ll get invited to TED one day. This is like — ” (Laughter) And you know, and my grandmother was the greatest.
有一天TED会邀请我。就像这样”(笑) 我外婆简直是最伟大的。
41.Because she’d be like, you know — she’d get on the phone.
因为,比如她接电话的时候,
42.She’d be like, “Harry, it’s better than the drugs. He should be doing — ”
她会对我外公说,“相机总比毒品好,他该找点事做做。”
43.She was fantastic. (Laughter) So I found myself getting this stuff, thanks to her assist, and suddenly, you know, I had a synthesizer when I was 14 years old — this kind of stuff.
她太好了!(笑) 我发现自己得到这些东西, 多亏了她帮忙, 我14岁的时候就喜欢把乱七八糟的东西搞在一起。
44.And it let me make things, which, to me, was sort of the dream.
它使我有机会自己做东西,这是我的梦想。
45.He sort of humored my obsession to other things too, like magic.
我外公也钩起我对别的东西的兴趣,比如魔术。
46.The thing is, we’d go to this magic store in New York City called Lou Tannen’s Magic.
我们常去纽约的Lou Tannen魔术店。
47.It was this great magic store. It was a crappy little building in Midtown, but you’d be in the elevator, the elevator would open —
它很神奇,在市中心的一撞小破楼里。 但你会看到电梯,并且它能用。
48.there’d be this little, small magic store. You’d be in the magic store.
然后上去,你就能看到这家店。
49.And it was just, it was a magical place.
真是个神奇的地方。
50.So I got all these sort of magic tricks. Oh, here. I’ll show you.
所以我学会了这些魔术,show给你们看看。
51.This is the kind of thing. So it would be like, you know. Right?
就像,
52.Which is good, but now I can’t move.
好,现在不能动了。
53.Now, I have to do this, the rest of the thing, like this.
我可以这样,
54.I’m like, “Oh, wow. Look at my computer over there!” (Laughter) Anyway, so one of the things that I bought at the magic store was this:
我可以“噢,看我那边的电脑!”(笑) 好吧,我在魔术店买了个这个:
55.Tannen’s Mystery Magic Box.
Tannen的神秘盒子。
56.The premise behind the mystery magic box was the following: 15 dollars buys you 50 dollars worth of magic.
它的精妙在于, 15元买到了值50元的魔术。
57.Which is a savings. (Laughter) Now, I bought this decades ago and I’m not kidding.
真省钱啊。(笑) 我几十年前买的这个,我不是开玩笑的。
58.If you look at this, you’ll see it’s never been opened.
但我从来没有打开过它,
59.But I’ve had this forever.
已经很久了。
60.Now, I was looking at this, it was in my office, as it always is on the shelf, and I was thinking, why have I not opened this?
现在它还在我的办公室,一直在架子上。 我在想,我为什么不打开它呢?
61.And why have I kept it? Because I’m not a pack rat. I don’t keep everything but for some reason I haven’t opened this box.
那我为什么留着它?我又不是收破烂的,我不是什么都留着的。 但出于某些原因,我没有打开这个盒子。
62.And I felt like there was a key to this, somehow, in talking about something at TED that I haven’t discussed before, and bored people elsewhere.
我总是觉得它有一把钥匙。 再来TED之前, 我没有对别人说过这些,他们肯定觉得很无聊。
63.So I thought, maybe there’s something with this. I started thinking about it.
然后我开始想,到底是什么那么神奇。
64.And there was this giant question mark. I love the design, for what it’s worth, of this thing. And I started thinking, why haven’t I opened it?
有个巨大的问号。我喜欢这设计,因为它也值得我喜欢。 对于这个,我开始想,为什么我从来没有打开过它?
65.And I realized that I haven’t opened it because it represents something important — to me. It represents my grandfather.
然后我意识到我从未打开它是因为它代表了某些重要的东西 对我而言,它代表了外公。
66.Am I allowed to cry at TED? Because — no, I’m not going to cry. But — (Laughter) — the thing is, that it represents infinite possibility.
我可不可以在这里哭?不,我不会哭。(笑) 关键在于它给了我无限的遐想空间。
67.It represents hope. It represents potential.
它代表了希望,代表了潜力。
68.And what I love about this box, and what I realize I sort of do in whatever it is that I do, is I find myself drawn to infinite possibility, that sense of potential.
我最喜欢这个盒子之处, 就是我意识到我可以做任何我想做的事情, 发现我自己沉浸在那种无限的可能和潜力中。
69.And I realize that mystery is the catalyst for imagination.
然后我意识到那份神秘就是想象力的催化剂。
70.Now, it’s not the most ground-breaking idea, but when I started to think that maybe there are times where mystery is more important than knowledge, I started getting interested in this.
现在,这已不是最具开拓性的想法。 但我开始意识到或许有的时候, 神秘感比知识重要,我渐渐开始对这个感兴趣了。
71.And so I started thinking about “Lost,” and the stuff that we do, and I realized, oh my God, like, mystery boxes are everywhere in what I do!
然后我开始构想《迷失》,以及我们后来做的一些东西。 然后我意识到,我的天啊,我工作中充满了这种神秘盒子。
72.In how — in the creation of “Lost,” Damon Lindelof and I, who created the show with me, we were basically tasked with creating this series
比如在《迷失》的创作过程中。 Damon Lindelof和我一起创作了这部剧,
73.that we had very little time to do. We had 11 and a half weeks to write it, cast it, crew it, shoot it, cut it, post it, turn in a two-hour pilot.
我们当时时间很紧,只有11周半, 要写,要招演员,组织剧组,拍摄,剪辑,然后把它变成2小时的试播片。
74.So it was not a lot of time. And that sense of possibility — what could this thing be?
所以时间很少。然后出来一个问题,这能拍成什么样?
75.There was no time to develop it.
我们没有时间来发展故事情节。
76.I’m sure you’re all familiar with those people who tell you what you can’t do and what you should change.
我肯定你们一定记得那些, 告诉你们你不可能做什么,或者你需要改变什么的人,
77.And there was no time for that, which is kind of amazing.
但我们没有时间去想那些,真奇迹。
78.And so we did this show, and for those of you who, you know, who haven’t seen it, or don’t know it, I can show you this one little clip from the pilot,
然后我们做了这部剧,对于你们之中一些没看过, 或者不知道这部剧的人,我可以放一小段。
79.just to show you some stuff that we did.
只是稍微让你们看一段。
80.Claire: Help! Please help me! Help me! Help me!
Claire: 过来帮帮我!
81.Jack: Get him out of here! Get him away from the engine! Get him out of here!
Jack: 把他弄出来,让他远离引擎!
82.C: I’m having contractions!
C: 我宫缩了!
83.J: How many months pregnant are you?
J: 你怀孕多久了?
84.C: I’m only eight months.
C: 只有八个月。
85.J: And how far apart are they coming?
J:宫缩的频率是怎样?
86.C: I don’t know. I think it just happened.
C: 我不知道,我刚发现。
87.Man: Hey! Hey! Hey, get away from — JJA: Now, 10 years ago, if we wanted to do that, we’d have to kill a stuntman.
Man: 嘿!嘿!嘿!离那儿远点! JJA: 好,10年前我们如果要拍这个,估计得弄死这哥们。
88.We’d actually — (Laughter) it would be harder. It would take — Take 2 would be a bitch.
(笑声) 那肯定很难拍,如果我喊重拍一次那简直是人渣。
89.So the amazing thing was, we were able to do this thing.
而现在,我们可以做到了!
90.And part of that was the amazing availability of technology, knowing we could do anything. I mean, we could never have done that.
除了技术上的先进, 知道我们可以做这个,我的意思是,我们以前不能。
91.We might have been able to write it; we wouldn’t have been able to depict it like we did. And so part of the amazing thing for me is in the creative process,
我们以前或许能写出剧本,但拍不出来。 所以对我而言,创新的过程很神奇。
92.technology is, like, mind-blowingly inspiring to me.
技术的进步鼓舞着我,
93.I realize that that blank page is a magic box. You know?
我意识到神秘盒子就像一页的空白,
94.It needs to be filled with something fantastic.
需要一些奇特的东西来填充它。
95.I used to have the “Ordinary People” script that I’d flip through.
我曾经想用”Ordinary People“的剧本,
96.The romance of the script was amazing to me; it would inspire me.
那爱情故事太美好,很鼓舞我,
97.I wanted to try and fill pages with the same kind of spirit and thought and emotion that that script did.
我想尝试用那些精神,想法以及情绪来 写出那些剧本。
98.So, that — you know, I love Apple computers. I’m obsessed.
所以,你知道,我喜欢苹果电脑。我对它着迷。
99.So the Apple computer — like those — the PowerBook — this computer right — like, it challenges me. It basically says, you know,
所以苹果电脑 – 像这台PowerBook笔记本 — 这台计算机 这对我来说是个挑战。你知道。
100.what are you going to write worthy of me? (Laughter) I guess I feel this — I’m compelled.
我有什么好写的?(笑声) 我有这种感觉-- 我是被迫的。
101.And I often am like, you know, dude, today I’m out. I got nothing. You know? (Laughter) So there’s that. In terms of the content of it, you look at stories, you think,
并且我经常是,你知道,哥们,我土憋了,我什么也没有。你知道吗?(笑声) 所以,按照它的内容来说,你看读这些故事的时候,
102.well, what are stories but mystery boxes?
神秘的盒子之外故事是什么?
103.There’s a fundamental question — in TV, the first act is called the teaser.
这是一个基本的问题 -- 在电视里,第一个动作被叫做难题。
104.It’s literally the teaser. It’s the big question.
字面上叫难题。这是个大问题。
105.So you’re drawn into it. Then of  course, there’s another question. And it goes on and on.
所以你去研究它。之后则是必然, 还有另一个问题,就是它会不断有续集出现。
106.Look at, like, “Star Wars.” You got the droids; they meet the mysterious woman.
看看,比如“星际迷航”,你会发现新机器人,他们遇到了神秘的妇人。
107.Who’s that? We don’t know. Mystery box! You know?
那是谁?我们不知道,神秘的盒子!知道吗?
108.Then you meet Luke Skywalker. He gets the Droid, you see the holographic image.
然后你会看到天行者.路克(Luke Skywalker),他得那了机器人,你看全息图像。
109.You learn, Oh, it’s a message, you know.
你发现,哦,这是个讯息,你知道。
110.She wants to, you know, find Obi Wan Kenobi. He’s her only hope.
她想要让你发现欧比旺(Obi Wan Kenobi),他是她唯一的希望。
111.But who the hell’s Obi Wan Kenobi? Mystery box!
但谁是见鬼的欧比旺(Obi Wan Kenobi)? 神秘的盒子!
112.So then you go and he meets Ben Kenobi. Ben Kenobi is Obi Wan Kenobi.
所以你继续看然后他见到了班(Ben Kenobi)。班就是欧比旺。
113.Holy shit! You know — so it keeps us — (Laughter) — have you guys not seen that?
太牛X了!你知道--就是吸引着我们-- (笑声)-- 你们就没有发现吗?
114.(Laughter) It’s huge! Anyway — So there’s this thing with mystery boxes that I started feeling, like, compelled.
(笑声) 它太明显了! 不管怎么说-- 因此我的神秘盒子让我开始感觉,像是被迫的感觉。
115.Then there’s the thing of, like, mystery in terms of imagination — the withholding of information. You know, doing that intentionally is much more engaging.
然后这样的事就像是,想像力的神秘-- 拒绝把信息给你。你知道, 故意去那样设计是为了让故事更迷人。

ted演讲稿中英文对照

JillTarter_(吉尔.塔特)呼吁加入SETI探索(TED大奖获得者)【中英文对照】

2024-3-24 11:08:54

ted演讲稿中英文对照

JoeDeRisi_解决医学难题【中英文对照】

2024-3-24 11:10:52

0 条回复 A文章作者 M管理员
    暂无讨论,说说你的看法吧
个人中心
购物车
优惠劵
今日签到
有新私信 私信列表
搜索