EricGiler_无线电力输送【中英文对照】

1.Early visions of wireless power actually were thought of by Nikola Tesla basically about 100 years ago.
无线电力的早期设想 主要来自于尼古拉·特斯拉 大约在一百年前
2.The thought that you wouldn’t want to transfer electric power wirelessly, no one ever thought of that.
问题在于 你并不需要无线输送电力 甚至没有人想到过这一点
3.They thought, “Who would use it if you didn’t?”
他们想:“如果连做都做不出来,谁还会用呢?”
4.And so, in fact, he actually set about doing a variety of things.
因此,他开始着手于 进行一系列探索工作
5.Built the Tesla coil. This tower was built on Long Island back at the beginning of the 1900s.
建造特斯拉线圈。这座塔建立在 20世纪初的长岛上
6.And the idea was, it was supposed to be able to transfer power anywhere on earth.
此项设想在于,它将能够把电力 输送到世界上任何一个角落
7.We’ll never know if this stuff worked. Actually I think the Federal Bureau of Investigation took it down for security purposes, sometime in the early 1900s.
我们也许永远不会知道这能否成功。事实上我认为 依据联邦调查局的调查结果 这个项目基于安全原因被关闭了 这还是在20世纪早期的某些时候
8.But the one thing that did come out of electricity is that we love this stuff so much.
但是我们从中发现 我们喜欢上了这个项目(理念)
9.I mean think about how much we love this.
想想到底我们有多喜欢它
10.If you just walk outside, there are trillions of dollars that have been invested in infrastructure around the world, putting up wires, to get power from where it’s created
当你走出门,会发现在世界上 有亿万美元被投资于基础设施中 铺设电缆,将电力从其被创造的场所
11.to where it’s used.
输送到被使用的场所
12.The other thing is, we love batteries.
另外一点是,我们喜欢电池
13.And for those of us that have an environmental element to us there is something like 40 billion disposable batteries built every year.
对于我们来说,这在环境上的影响是 每年在世界上约有 四百亿节电池被废弃
14.For power that generally speaking, is used within a few inches or a few feet of where there is very inexpensive power.
一般而言,电池 仅仅是在几英寸或几英尺的范围内使用 而且使用成本极低
15.So before I sort of got here, I thought, “You know, I am from North America.
所以在我继续演讲之前 我想:“你们知道,我来自北美。
16.We do have a little bit of a reputation in the United States.”
我们在美国确实有一些声誉。”
17.So I thought I’d better look it up first.
所以我想最好先看一看
18.So definition number six is the North American definition of the word suck.
数字六的定义 在北美被定义为“恶心”
19.Wires suck, they really do.
电缆真令人恶心,确实如此
20.Think about it. Whether that’s you in that picture or something under your desk.
想一想,在这幅照片中的是否是你 或是位于你桌下的什么东西
21.The other thing is, batteries suck too.
另一件事是,电池也非常令人恶心
22.And they really really do.
它们真的很恶心
23.Do you ever wonder what happens to this stuff?
你曾想过如何处理这些恶心的家伙吗?
24.40 billion of these things built.
整整四百亿节
25.This is what happens.
而这正是在我们周围发生的一切
26.They fall apart, they disintegrate, and they end up here.
它们被取下来,被拆分 最终在此得到处理
27.So when you talk about expensive power the cost per kilowatt hour to supply battery power to something is on the order of two to three hundred pounds.
当你谈论昂贵的电力时,即 为电池或者其他东西提供电力时 每千瓦小时成本 大约是二三百英镑
28.Think about that.
想一想
29.The most expensive grid power in the world is thousandths of that.
世界上最贵的电力网络 是这个的成千上万倍
30.So fortunately, one of the other definitions of suck that was in there, it does create a vacuum.
幸运地是,“恶心”的另一个定义就在其中 它制造了真空
31.And nature really does abhor a vacuum.
但是,大自然憎恶真空
32.What happened back a few years ago was a group of theoretical physicists at MIT actually came up with this concept of transferring power over distance.
几年以前 麻省理工的某些理论物理学家们 提出了一种近距离无线传输电力的理念
33.Basically they were able to light a 60 watt lightbulb at a distance of about two meters.
并且他们在约两米的距离时 点亮了一盏六十瓦的电灯炮
34.They took, it got about 50 percent of the efficiency.
他们计算出的能源效率大约是50%
35.By the way that’s still a couple thousand times more efficient than a battery would be, to do the same thing.
事实上,这种利用能源的方式 比电池要高出成百上千倍
36.But were able to light that, and do it very successfully.
并且这已经可以点亮电灯泡了 并且成功地实现了
37.This was actually the experiment. So you can see the coils were somewhat larger.
这就是那个真实的实验。所以你可以看到 存在更大的线圈
38.The lightbulb was a fairly simple task, from their standpoint.
从他们的角度来看电灯泡只是一个简单的任务
39.This all came from a professor waking up at night to the third night in a row that his wife’s cellphone was beeping because it was running out of battery power.
这全部来源于某位教授 在半夜时连续三次被闹醒 这是因为他夫人的手机一直在提示 电量不足(低电量警告)
40.And he was thinking, “With all the electricity that’s out there in the walls, why couldn’t some of that just come into the phone so I could get some sleep?”
所以他在想:“所有的插座都在墙上, 为什么就不能弄点电到手机里,让我睡个安稳觉?”
41.And he actually came up with this concept of resonant energy transfer.
并且他的确实现了这个想法 通过共振传输能量
42.But inside a standard transformer are two coils of wire.
在标准变压器中有两卷线圈
43.And those two coils of wire are really really close to each other, and actually do transfer power — magnetically and wirelessly, only over a very short distance.
并且这两卷线圈之间靠得非常近 事实上它们之间在传输电力– 透过很短的距离,依靠电磁效应进行无线电力传输
44.What Dr. Soljacic figured out how to do was separate the coils in a transformer to a greater distance than the size of those transformers
索尔贾希克博士所想到的是 如何将变压器中线圈的距离增大 以便在更远的距离中
45.using this technology, which is not dissimilar from the way an opera singer shatters a glass on the other side of the room.
应用此项技术,这与歌剧歌手 在房间的另一面摇晃玻璃窗的方式不同
46.And it’s a resonant phenomena for which he actually received a MacArthur Fellowship Award, which is nicknamed the Genius Award, last September, for his discovery.
这是一种共振现象 据此他获得了麦克阿瑟奖 此奖项也被戏称为天才奖 基于他的发现,在去年九月他得到了这一奖励
47.So how does it work?
那么它是如何工作的呢?
48.Imagine a coil. For those of you that are engineers, there’s a capacitor attached to it too.
想象一卷线圈,对于是工程师的你来说,它 同时还有电容与之相连
49.And if you can cause that coil to resonate, what will happen is it will pulse, at alternating current frequencies, at a fairly high frequency, by the way.
如果你能够让线圈发生共振 它将会在不断改变的频率下 在相当高的频率下 产生脉冲
50.And if you can bring another device close enough to the source, that will only work at exactly that frequency, you can actually get them to do what’s called strongly couple,
如果你能够带来另一个 与发电源足够近的设备 并且它恰好能够在此频率下工作 你可让它们形成耦合
51.and transfer magnetic energy between them.
从而在它们之间传递磁能
52.And then what you do is, you start out with electricity, turn it into magnetic field, take that magnetic field, turn it back into electricity.
接下来你要做的只是在你需要电力时 移动到磁性区域内,利用磁场 将其转变成电能
53.And then you can use it.
然后你就可以正常使用了
54.Number one question I get asked.
我所被问到的第一个问题是
55.I mean people are worried about cellphones being safe.
人们会担心手机的安全性问题
56.You know. What about safety?
你知道的,这个项目的安全性怎么样?
57.The first thing is this is not a radiative technology.
我需要声明的第一点是这并非辐射性技术
58.It doesn’t radiate.
它并不会产生辐射
59.There aren’t electric fields here. It’s a magnetic field.
这里并没有电场,只是磁场。
60.It stays within, either what we call the source, or within the device.
它处于被我们称为源或者设备的 影响范围之内
61.And actually the magnetic fields we’re using are basically about the same as the Earth’s magnetic field.
并且事实上我们所使用的磁场 其本质与地球磁场相同
62.We live in a magnetic field.
我们每天都生活在磁场环境中
63.And the other thing that’s pretty cool about the technology is that is only transfers energy to things that work at exactly the same frequency.
此项技术的另一个闪光点是 它仅仅向与其在相同频率下工作的物体输送能源
64.And it’s virtually impossible in nature, to make that happen.
而这在自然界中几乎没可能让其发生
65.And then finally we have governmental bodies everywhere that will regulate everything we do.
在世界各地都有相应的政府机构 他们会规范我们所做的一切
66.And they’ve pretty much set field exposure limits which all of the things in the stuff I’ll show you today sort of sit underneath those guidelines.
并且他们严格的设定了辐射场标准 今天我们在此向您们所展示的一切 均处于这些规章限制之内
67.Mobile electronics.
移动电子产品
68.Home electronics.
家用电子产品
69.Those cords under your desk, I bet everybody here has something that looks like that, or those batteries.
这些在你桌子下的电线,我打赌每个人 都有类似的经历,或者是那些电池
70.There are industrial applications.
这些是工业上的应用
71.And then finally, electric vehicles.
并且最后应用于电动汽车中
72.These electric cars are beautiful.
这些电动汽车非常漂亮
73.But who is going to want to plug them in?
但是有谁愿意很麻烦的去充电呢?
74.Imagine driving into your garage — we’ve built a system to do this — you drive in your garage, and the car charges itself.
想象一下,当你驶入车库时–我们已经建立了某项系统来完成此工作 当你驶入车库,汽车将会自动充电
75.Because there is a mat on the floor that it plugged into the wall.
因为在地面上有一个插入墙中的垫子
76.And it actually causes your car to charge safely and efficiently.
它让你的汽车能够安全、高效地充电
77.And then there is all kinds of other applications. Implanted medical devices.
当然这也可以被应用于其它领域中,如被移植的医疗设备
78.Where people don’t have to die of infections anymore if you can seal the thing up.
人们不会再因为感染而死亡 因为你能够将它密封起来
79.Credit cards, robot vacuum cleaners.
信用卡,真空清洁器都可以使用
80.So what I’d like to do is take a couple minutes and show you, actually, how it works.
我想做的仅是花上几分钟 再向你们展示它是如何工作的
81.And what I’m going to do is to show you pretty much what’s here.
我将会此向你展示相当精彩的内容
82.You’ve got a coil.
你有一卷线圈
83.That coil is connected to an R.F. amplifier that creates a high frequency oscillating magnetic field.
线圈与射频放大器相连 它(射频放大器)将会产生振荡磁场
84.We put one on the back of the television set.
我们将它放在电视机的背后
85.By the way, I do make it look a little bit easier than it is.
对了,我会让它看上去比实际稍微简单一点
86.There is lots of electronics and secret sauce and all kinds of intellectual property that go into it.
事实上这含有很多电子设备和秘诀 并包括了很多与知识产权相关的问题
87.But then what’s going to happen is, it will create a field, it will cause one to get created, on the other side.
但这里将会发生的是,磁场出现了 它制造了一个磁场 在另一面
88.And if the demo gods are willing, in about 10 seconds or so we should see it.
如果一切顺利地话 在十秒钟之内我们就会看到
89.The 10 seconds actually are because we  — I don’t know if any of you have ever thought about plugging a T.V. in when you use just a cord.
之所以是十秒是因为我们 并不曾想到过,这里不是将电视插头插入到插座 而仅仅是使用线圈
90.Generally you have to go over and hit the button. So I thought we put a little computer in it that has to wake up that has to wake up to tell it to do that.
一般而言你得绕过去并按下按钮。所以我想到 我们弄一点设备在其中 使其唤醒那些应该被唤醒的部件并告诉它这样做
91.So, I’ll plug that in.
所以,我将它打开
92.It creates a magnetic field here.
它在此产生了磁场

ted演讲稿中英文对照

EricDishman_让医保脱离主体【中英文对照】

2024-3-20 14:27:09

ted演讲稿中英文对照

EricMead_神奇的安慰剂(安慰剂的魔力)【中英文对照】

2024-3-20 14:28:58

0 条回复 A文章作者 M管理员
    暂无讨论,说说你的看法吧
个人中心
购物车
优惠劵
今日签到
有新私信 私信列表
搜索